2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Know I'm suuuper late, but I just submitted my secondary :)

So I just recently submitted my secondary, and in the completion email it says that no final decision will be made until the end of the process in late March. Does that mean that regardless of if you've been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, you won't find out until late March?? If so, that's brutal!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. Literally got the confirmation email in the same split second I posted this.

I am confirmed for my first-choice date (Wednesday, 9/6)

How did the interview go? Any advice is appreciated :)

So I just recently submitted my secondary, and in the completion email it says that no final decision will be made until the end of the process in late March. Does that mean that regardless of if you've been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, you won't find out until late March?? If so, that's brutal!

I think what they mean is that if you are waitlisted or do not receive an interview, they will consider you until late March. If you are accepted, rejected, or offered an interview, I would think they would let you know prior to March.

I think what they mean is that if you are waitlisted or do not receive an interview, they will consider you until late March. If you are accepted, rejected, or offered an interview, I would think they would let you know prior to March.
I hope so! Waiting until March to find out about a decision would be excruciating.

How did the interview go? Any advice is appreciated :)
Overall, fun + relaxing interview day. Enjoyed opening presentation + talking with current medical students. Interviews were very standard and conversational. As with any interview, know your app, know "why school X", and know "why medicine".

And loved the 11am start time!

Reactions: 1 user
Overall, fun + relaxing interview day. Enjoyed opening presentation + talking with current medical students. Interviews were very standard and conversational. As with any interview, know your app, know "why school X", and know "why medicine".

How long did it last until?

Thanks for the info! It is great to hear that it was fun and relaxing.. I've heard everyone at the school is very welcoming!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a portal for Wright State? I didn't think there was one.
You're right! I guess I have a habit of asking that since some of my school communicate through portal and some through email

Got an II, just now!

Reactions: 2 users
II just now! OOS complete mid August

Reactions: 5 users
Will I ever get this secondary.... +pity+
When was your primary complete? If it's been a while (longer than a month), I don't think it'd hurt to contact admissions regarding receiving one.

When was your primary complete? If it's been a while (longer than a month), I don't think it'd hurt to contact admissions regarding receiving one.

Primary was verified 8/28. Yea I think I will email. Thanks!

Anyone else anxiously waiting for 10/16 to hear back from here?

Reactions: 1 users
Please send me some love, Wright State :love:

Reactions: 1 users
I just realized that I emailed them a few weeks ago but they didn't respond....
Oh geez. Well I do know that Wright screens for secondaries, so maybe you could email or call and instead ask your status regarding their screen? I don't know if they do silent screen rejections or not, but no harm in asking I suppose?

Any advice for interviews at Wright ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II just now for November.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh geez. Well I do know that Wright screens for secondaries, so maybe you could email or call and instead ask your status regarding their screen? I don't know if they do silent screen rejections or not, but no harm in asking I suppose?

Calling them worked! Got the secondary today :)

Nothing on my end either. Hopefully we hear today!

They told my interview group we should hear via email today for acceptance and via snail mail sometime this week for waitlist/reject. So I'm really hoping to get an email today!

I interviewed mid-September, for reference. I'm not sure which groups that applied to.