2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heard any news yet??

Nope not yet. I was confused from what one of my interviewed said as to if I’ll hear back in 2 weeks (today) or 4 weeks or some time inbetween. The anticipation is killing me!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope not yet. I was confused from what one of my interviewed said as to if I’ll hear back in 2 weeks (today) or 4 weeks or some time inbetween. The anticipation is killing me!
Yeah I interviewed the day after you on the 18th so I'm anxious to see when your group starts receiving decisions because then mine is probably not far behind. It comes by snail mail, right?

Yeah I interviewed the day after you on the 18th so I'm anxious to see when your group starts receiving decisions because then mine is probably not far behind. It comes by snail mail, right?

I interviewed the week before you guys and still haven’t received anything in the mail if that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the week before you guys and still haven’t received anything in the mail if that helps!

What is the general response time, like a month?

What is the general response time, like a month?

I heard two weeks to a month, im assuming closer to a month because im on week 3. I believe the adcom meets every other week.

I heard two weeks to a month, im assuming closer to a month because im on week 3. I believe the adcom meets every other week.

Yeah, and I'm betting the snail mail response isn't helping speed anything up

Yeah, and I'm betting the snail mail response isn't helping speed anything up

I know someone who received their letter about a week after the postmarked date, so yes snail mail extends the waiting time :/

I know someone who received their letter about a week after the postmarked date, so yes snail mail extends the waiting time :/

This waiting period is absolute torture, omg.

Reactions: 1 user
II as well. Complete late August. I am so excited!!

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Super excited! Completed first week in August.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For me, the email said Tuesdays and Wednesdays in November.

My stats: GPA ~3.8, MCAT 507.

Yep, Tuesday’s/Wednesday’s this month. 3.9/516

Tuesdays and Wednesdays last week of November. 3.7/505

II in mid-December. Can anyone who had an interview here/or a current student talk about how the interview day goes? Are the interviews stressful?

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry! I kept getting my threads mixed up.

Last edited:
I interviewed Oct 10 and I am still waiting (informally). But they had their meeting for Oct 10 already.
Nice! How do you know? Any idea what other dates after the 10th they've had their meetings for?

II in mid-December. Can anyone who had an interview here/or a current student talk about how the interview day goes? Are the interviews stressful?
Not stressful at all, it's actually a very relaxing day. Neither the students nor the faculty were anxiety producing. Both interviews are conversational, my only advice is to make sure you know your application, as anything is fair game and open for discussion

I’ve interviewed here twice. I think people have previously posted on what it’s like, but it’s basically two interviews 30 min to an hour long, one closed file and one open. They’re really not stressful as long as you’ve prepared basic interview questions and reviewed your app. You get to tour the campus with med students and there’s a presentation in the morning. Good luck!!
Both of my interviews were open file

Ignore what I said previously. Wrong thread. Good luck though! Lol

Nice! How do you know? Any idea what other dates after the 10th they've had their meetings for?

Got a letter about my acceptance today. But I simply called and asked when they were meeting for my day.

Got a letter about my acceptance today. But I simply called and asked when they were meeting for my day.
Congrats! Maybe I'll do the same. Before I do, any idea how often the committee meets to discuss different interview days?

Congrats! Maybe I'll do the same. Before I do, any idea how often the committee meets to discuss different interview days?

At my interview day they said they meet every other Wednesday. So I am not sure if that was today or last wed. And thank you! I hope you get accepted soon!

Excited to interview here in a couple weeks! Any specific places around campus to check out while I’m there?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

At my interview day they said they meet every other Wednesday. So I am not sure if that was today or last wed. And thank you! I hope you get accepted soon!
Thanks, I just got my letter in the mail today and unfortunately I was waitlisted :/

Does anyone know if there is movement from the waitlist throughout the year, or do they not address the waitlist until after May?

Thanks, I just got my letter in the mail today and unfortunately I was waitlisted :/

Does anyone know if there is movement from the waitlist throughout the year, or do they not address the waitlist until after May?

I am very sorry to hear that. According to the last year thread, the school did not rank people on wait list until the end of April and movement started in early May. It is said that the school took the whole top tier, and half of the middle tier.

I would like to ask how do you think you did for the interview? Was there something that you think you could have done better at the interview?

I am very sorry to hear that. According to the last year thread, the school did not rank people on wait list until the end of April and movement started in early May. It is said that the school took the whole top tier, and half of the middle tier.

I would like to ask how do you think you did for the interview? Was there something that you think you could have done better at the interview?
So I shouldn't expect to hear anything until May. That happened to my friend, he was waitlisted and then accepted off the waitlist in June, but only given 24 hours to accept the offer. Less than ideal :/

I felt great about the student interview, it was very conversational and I had a lot in common with my student interviewer. The faculty one was interesting though, I definitely feel it could've been better. He spent the first 10 minutes talking about his career (which I didn't mind, it took some of the pressure off) and then began to ask me questions about things in my app. Not sure how to explain it, but it was just a weird atmosphere. He would ask me questions and in the middle of my answers he would go off on a tangent with his own stories. Before I could finish my answer, we were moving on to the next question. Idk it was weird. I didn't feel like it went bad, but I wish it went better. However, I don't know what I could've done different to change the way it went.

So I shouldn't expect to hear anything until May. That happened to my friend, he was waitlisted and then accepted off the waitlist in June, but only given 24 hours to accept the offer. Less than ideal :/

I felt great about the student interview, it was very conversational and I had a lot in common with my student interviewer. The faculty one was interesting though, I definitely feel it could've been better. He spent the first 10 minutes talking about his career (which I didn't mind, it took some of the pressure off) and then began to ask me questions about things in my app. Not sure how to explain it, but it was just a weird atmosphere. He would ask me questions and in the middle of my answers he would go off on a tangent with his own stories. Before I could finish my answer, we were moving on to the next question. Idk it was weird. I didn't feel like it went bad, but I wish it went better. However, I don't know what I could've done different to change the way it went.

I think I interviewed on the same day as you and had a similar experience with my faculty interview. It ended up being a full hour and 15 minutes with him talking most of the time. When I did get a chance to answer his questions, he would say something critical and go off on tangents. I left feeling very confused and have been thinking about it nonstop since... Been checking the mail nonstop. I'm hoping I get an answer today too.

Same experience also waitlisted

I think I interviewed on the same day as you and had a similar experience with my faculty interview. It ended up being a full hour and 15 minutes with him talking most of the time. When I did get a chance to answer his questions, he would say something critical and go off on tangents. I left feeling very confused and have been thinking about it nonstop since... Been checking the mail nonstop. I'm hoping I get an answer today too.
Omg yes! He was critical of some of my answers regarding family questions, it was very confusing and daunting. Best of luck to you though!

I got my letter today too and unfortunately was denied. I have a feeling it was because my low MCAT (503) and my interview simply didn't make up for the low MCAT. Hopefully I hear back from a few other schools soon

Oh wow! It is disheartening to see multiple people had similar interview experience and same result (wait-list/rejected). Hopefully I will have different experience.

Hi guys, do we know how much of the class is filled by the end of the year? I'm an Ohio resident with lower stats desperately hoping for an II...

Hi guys, do we know how much of the class is filled by the end of the year? I'm an Ohio resident with lower stats desperately hoping for an II...
They only schedule interviews a few weeks/a month out from when they send the IIs (unlike a lot of schools who are already scheduling for february interviews right now) so I doubt it's very filled yet! Don't lose hope!

Does anyone have experience calling/inquiring about your application status? 99% not gonna do this because I know patience is a virtue, but I have a friend who was accepted and there is no portal so im getting antsy

Does anyone have experience calling/inquiring about your application status? 99% not gonna do this because I know patience is a virtue, but I have a friend who was accepted and there is no portal so im getting antsy

I was wondering about this too. I was complete mid-July and have not heard anything yet. The no portal thing really doesn't help with how neurotic I have become this late in the cycle.

I was wondering about this too. I was complete mid-July and have not heard anything yet. The no portal thing really doesn't help with how neurotic I have become this late in the cycle.

+1

Hoping for an II here, IS and submitted in August! Silence so far tho.