2017-2018 Western Michigan University (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an II as well! My phone interview was 10/7. Kind of sucks that my interview will be in the freezing cold, but I hope most of the day is scheduled indoors! Has anyone gone to a campus interview yet?

I will appreciate anyone who had campus interview informed us if there are any activities on the interview day that will be "outdoors"?

Members don't see this ad.

I will appreciate anyone who had campus interview informed us if there are any activities on the interview day that will be "outdoors"?
There’s an optional marathon

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted 10/18 after interview on 10/13, oh well, it's still early.

I completed my secondary on 8/9 but I do not see anything on my application status page about experience review. What does this mean?

Anyone here do the phone interview but not receive the on campus interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone here do the phone interview but not receive the on campus interview?
I haven't yet received a campus II after the phone interview, but also haven't been rejected, if that's what you mean

Reactions: 1 user
had my phone interview on friday, and just got the email today that my app is "under consideration for a campus interview". Fingers crossed! Really hoping for some good news. This is an awesome school.

Recently finished my phone interview - if granted an on-campus interview, how long after do we typically get notified?

Recently finished my phone interview - if granted an on-campus interview, how long after do we typically get notified?
Earliest would be like 1.5 weeks typically, I've seen another person post they got their II 4 months after phone and got accepted, so don't be too concerned.

My portal says there have been two experiences reviews completed on my application. Anyone else have this? Just wondering if this means I'll hear something soon

My portal says there have been two experiences reviews completed on my application. Anyone else have this? Just wondering if this means I'll hear something soon

Just saw this on mine too. No idea what it means, but hopefully we will hear some news soon

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine has two experience reviews too. First one 8/31 and second one dated today. No interview though...

Do we get any sort of confirmation that WMed has received our phone interview responses afterwards?

Do we get any sort of confirmation that WMed has received our phone interview responses afterwards?
Nope, but your portal should say "phone interview completed"

Waitlisted 10/18 after interview on 10/13, oh well, it's still early.
Hello, sorry to hear about the WL. I am interviewing later in the week- could you share your impressions or any insights? Maybe what you think you could have done differently?

So there was an email?
They email you, but it seems they send emails in the afternoon and update portal in the morning (at least in my experience..all my portal up dates have been between 8 and 9:30AM and I have then received emails that afternoon)

is the interview open or closed file?

That sounds incredible!! What are the chances of getting in post interview?
Post interview? I assume you meant acceptance.
I personally do not know. I thought I have seen someone there talking about 30%. Someone please comment.

Their class size is not that big. Somehow the number of 80+ keeps come up in my mind.

I think they do campus interview about 300+?

Am I wrong......?

Post interview? I assume you meant acceptance.
I personally do not know. I thought I have seen someone there talking about 30%. Someone please comment.

Their class size is not that big. Somehow the number of 80+ keeps come up in my mind.

I think they do campus interview about 300+?

Am I wrong......?
The 30% number was only taking into account matriculated students (about 80). There's no way to know exact acceptance rate post II but most schools accept about 2X of their class, which would be about 160, and that gives you closer to a 50% post II accept rate

Invite for a campus interview! Hooray! :D

Been waiting since July for a phone interview. Still waiting

Saw that I have been offered a telephone interview on my portal! Now to wait for the email :)

I'm interviewing Friday and wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare. I'm planning on reading over my app/secondary essays and doing some research on the school, but should I do some reading on things like our health care system and healthcare trends?

I'm interviewing Friday and wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare. I'm planning on reading over my app/secondary essays and doing some research on the school, but should I do some reading on things like our health care system and healthcare trends?

Staying up-to-date on the health care system and trends is generally good regardless! But don't feel pressured into knowing all the ins and outs.

I'd suggest knowing your application really well and try to have as many examples as possible to support what you say or have written down. They want to see your best self.

Try to have a few well thought out questions you may want to ask about the school as well. You can take the opportunity on here to ask about the school, and some of us current students can answer your questions. That way, you will look way more prepared and you can ask even better questions during the interview!

Other tips...be nice, from the front desk person to your interviewer and everyone in between. The usual stuff but you'd be surprised how a long-trip and any bad unforeseen circumstance can affect your ability to interview well, so just be mindful.

Prepare for rain. Looks like it's only cloudy this Friday but you never know.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a telephone interview. Does anyone have any tips?

To add on to what was already said, I found this interview to be a lot more inviting and relaxing than my other interview. Our school is deeply invested in their students. What ttja said is pretty spot on but I would like to add on one extra: Be yourself! They want to know what makes you you! Don't forget to mention those things in addition to the normal academic and medical related experiences.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a telephone interview. Does anyone have any tips?
It is a list of questions that you answer, not a conversation, so just be aware of that. Being done through a 3rd party, they don't have any information to give you about the school (I know someone who had a lot of questions to ask and then never could right then).

For people who received on campus interviews earlier this week, when were you able to schedule your interview for, January?

It is a list of questions that you answer, not a conversation, so just be aware of that. Being done through a 3rd party, they don't have any information to give you about the school (I know someone who had a lot of questions to ask and then never could right then).
In that case, is this phone interview something like an MMI, in which you are just given some situations you have to respond to, or is this more of a personality test?

In that case, is this phone interview something like an MMI, in which you are just given some situations you have to respond to, or is this more of a personality test?
They make it very clear that we aren't supposed to talk about the questions. And frankly, it is hard to group them into any one category. All of the questions are very different than one another. Just know you don't need to do any prep, just answer the questions honestly and be polite.

Very excited to interview at this school tomorrow. How long post-interview do they usually take to make decisions? Reading past threads it seemed like they let people know just a few weeks after their interview but no one has reported an acceptance yet in this thread for this year.

They make it very clear that we aren't supposed to talk about the questions. And frankly, it is hard to group them into any one category. All of the questions are very different than one another. Just know you don't need to do any prep, just answer the questions honestly and be polite.
My reply would be the same. In addition, with any interview for a school or a job, I would keep their mission/values in mind and how you can relate to that.. For my phone interview, I made a list on a whiteboard about details in my application in case I forgot them in the moment.