2017-2018 Western Michigan University (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Experiences Review completed 8/9, no invite for phone interview. IS and LizzyM 68.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't had any word at all. The portal says they have my secondary. :\

Got an II a couple days ago. Did my phoneterview on 8/16 I believe, so it's totally possible for them to sit on your app for a month+ after the phone thing and still send an invite. From what I heard, they're getting a crazy number of applications this year, so if you haven't heard yet don't sweat it.

Reactions: 2 users
Does the 'experience review complete and pending for a phone interview' step mean anything, or does everyone who submitted a secondary get there? Trying not to get my hopes up but I'm hopeful that means I've had least made it one step in the process for this school.

If any Oct 6th interviewees or current students would like to hit up Art Hop after the Oct 6th interview day feel free to message me. It would be nice to get a better feel for the town while also getting to know potential classmates :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does the 'experience review complete and pending for a phone interview' step mean anything, or does everyone who submitted a secondary get there? Trying not to get my hopes up but I'm hopeful that means I've had least made it one step in the process for this school.

I just made it to that step on Monday as well. I'm not sure if some people go immediately from experience review complete -> phone interview invite or if everyone goes to this step, but they could have rejected us at that point instead so I'm taking it to be a good thing.

On campus II just now!

Just got an offer for a telephone interview. Did not get an email, I checked the portal. I was complete early September.

Just got an offer for a telephone interview. Did not get an email, I checked the portal. I was complete early September.

Your post got me excited that there might be a telephone interview offer waiting for me in the portal. Then I checked, and now I'm sad again.

Got an email this morning for the telephone interview invite! What kind of interview is it? I know people have said it's not something you can prep for? Any more details?

Members don't see this ad :)
On Campus II! Telephone interview completed the 23rd. Pleasantly surprised on how quickly they got back to me.

Edit: Also does anyone know how long their interview season is?

Phone II completed on 8/16 and silence since *sigh*

On Campus II! Telephone interview completed the 23rd. Pleasantly surprised on how quickly they got back to me.

Edit: Also does anyone know how long their interview season is?

Interviews run through March according to their website
What on campus interview dates were available today?

Interviews run through March according to their website
What on campus interview dates were available today?

Thanks, clearly I'm blind, I searched all over the website to find that...
Dec was the earliest. I'm assuming theres ones all the way to March, but their scheduler would only let me see up to the end of the year.

Got an email this morning for the telephone interview invite! What kind of interview is it? I know people have said it's not something you can prep for? Any more details?
They make you agree not to disclose info, but it should take 15-30 minutes and is a series of questions about you. They are more personality questions than anything else. Just be courteous and confident in your answers and you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone from todays (first!) interview group wants to share some about their experiences, it would be much appreciated! I'm headed there next Friday.

If anyone from todays (first!) interview group wants to share some about their experiences, it would be much appreciated! I'm headed there next Friday.
I interviewed today. I can't be too specific as you sign a NDA. It's a very laid back interview. I wouldn't stress. It's a fun day. The interviewer does respond to you and ask follow up questions. I wouldn't expect any intense questions. The one on one is what you'd expect. It's a nice conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Do they only interview on Fridays?

I figured this might help calm some nerves or maybe it won't. I understand what all of you are going through so let me share my experience.
I submitted my completed application on 9/01. Had a phone interview on November 14th. I don't remember exactly when I received the II news. Then my interview was on February 10th. And now I am a student in the class of 2021.
As you can see, there was LONG periods between each of my steps in this process. I know it is a stressful time, but it's still really early in the application cycle. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
First time posting! Can anyone speak to what time the interview day usually ends? I know the email said it generally ends by 3:30, but I'm trying to book flights out and the latest one I see is 4:10 pm. Is this cutting it too close? Trying to save money and not spend an extra night there :\

First time posting! Can anyone speak to what time the interview day usually ends? I know the email said it generally ends by 3:30, but I'm trying to book flights out and the latest one I see is 4:10 pm. Is this cutting it too close? Trying to save money and not spend an extra night there :\

Even just walking to the parking garage, driving to the airport, and going through security will likely take more than 40 minutes.

Even just walking to the parking garage, driving to the airport, and going through security will likely take more than 40 minutes.
Cool yeah I just didn't know if they've been tending to end early or something. Thanks!

Does everyone gets the campus II's email after phone interview?

Do they reject after phone interview? if does, how long will expect?
They definitely do, since 51% of people who do it don't interview, but from what people said last year they could string you along until March without word. People get IIs right after their phone II and some get it months after, you just gotta hang in there and be patient.

So I've been placed on hold for a telephone interview but I'm looking at my application and I saw that under the application status the term selected is Term: 1819T1: 2018-2019. I'm starting to worry that I selected next years application cycle instead of this years application cycle. Could anyone confirm that this should be the correct term or did I mess this part up? Thank you.

So I've been placed on hold for a telephone interview but I'm looking at my application and I saw that under the application status the term selected is Term: 1819T1: 2018-2019. I'm starting to worry that I selected next years application cycle instead of this years application cycle. Could anyone confirm that this should be the correct term or did I mess this part up? Thank you.
That should be right. That would be the term/school year we matriculate. As an aside, did you get an email about your hold status?

That should be right. That would be the term/school year we matriculate. As an aside, did you get an email about your hold status?

Awesome, I hit the change setting and the application year is 2018 Dates 07/01/2018-06-30-2019. Is this correct as well? For some reason I became extremely nervous about this all of a sudden.

Awesome, I hit the change setting and the application year is 2018 Dates 07/01/2018-06-30-2019. Is this correct as well? For some reason I became extremely nervous about this all of a sudden.
Mine says the same thing. I don't think there's an error. It's kind of like how we filled out AMCAS 2018 even though it's still 2017.

My secondary was completed the 29th, had been sitting on it for over a month as I had recently moved and had no internet for a good three weeks, and had issues with logging onto my secondary. I never seen anything regarding an experiences review (no email or anything) and when I log onto my secondary I get a blank page, was wondering if that means I am rejected or what.

My secondary was completed the 29th, had been sitting on it for over a month as I had recently moved and had no internet for a good three weeks, and had issues with logging onto my secondary. I never seen anything regarding an experiences review (no email or anything) and when I log onto my secondary I get a blank page, was wondering if that means I am rejected or what.

This really deserves a phone call to their office ASAP like first thing in the morning, in my opinion.

They are really nice people and I'm sure they help you sort it out as soon as you call. Jean might be out of town but someone else should be able to look into it today or tomorrrow.

Thanks guys! I was able to see the status update through a link and the latest thing they have me at is that my secondary was completed the 29. I think I just wasn't chosen for an experiences review.

What % of applicants receive the phone interview? Additionally, since the phone interview is conducted by an 3rd party not affiliated with the school, are questions still going to be the typical "why medicine", etc etc health related question? Or is it more like a business interview where its more behavioral?

What % of applicants receive the phone interview? Additionally, since the phone interview is conducted by an 3rd party not affiliated with the school, are questions still going to be the typical "why medicine", etc etc health related question? Or is it more like a business interview where its more behavioral?
Someone on page two of this thread said 17% get phone interviews. We aren't allowed to say what we were asked on phone interview, but just be confident and honest in your answers and you will be good.

congrats! when did you guys interview?
I just got an II as well! My phone interview was 10/7. Kind of sucks that my interview will be in the freezing cold, but I hope most of the day is scheduled indoors! Has anyone gone to a campus interview yet?