2017-2018 Western Michigan University (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That makes much more sense. Thank you. I haven't seen any other schools posting such information so it kind of threw me off.

Does anyone have a link to their match list for their own students?
When I was there they said they won't have their final match list until later in the year, I think they said March, but these were students who were saying this so not sure if that's right.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted off the waitlist!!! Still in shock, I'm so excited!!! :D

Interviewed 10/6
Waitlisted 10/18
Accepted today, 11/16

Reactions: 7 users
When I was there they said they won't have their final match list until later in the year, I think they said March, but these were students who were saying this so not sure if that's right.

No one has matched yet. There is no list till March when we find out ourselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
Decided to decline my II here.
I saw the recent match lists and it really concerns me - I see so many people matching into Caribbean/DO school programs...

I saw the recent match lists and it really concerns me - I see so many people matching into Caribbean/DO school programs...

Hmmm this is very strange to me. I wonder why. They seemed to really have their stuff together and they did great on step 1. I didn't even know Caribbean schools had residency programs. It freaks me out that that option even exists and why/how a US MD would go to the Caribbean for training? I was blown away by this school. It really is a shock to me

Last edited:

I came across that list as well but after a little reading I came to realize that Wmed is associated with MSUCOM, a DO School, and was sharing the DO students match list.

Wmed has yet to match their first MD class so that is certainly not their match list. Expect this first list March 2018- based on the Step 1, it should be stellar.

Reactions: 2 users
You guys... that match list was people matching INTO WMed's residency program. WMed has not yet graduated a class. Carribbean schools do not have residencies. Thanks for opening up an interview spot, though! ;)

Reactions: 7 users
Wmed’s first class started in 2014, which means they graduate next spring and the match list doesn’t come out till March of 2018. :prof:

Reactions: 1 users
You guys... that match list was people matching INTO WMed's residency program. WMed has not yet graduated a class. Carribbean schools do not have residencies. Thanks for opening up an interview spot, though! ;)

Still concerned that this MD school's residency program is mainly composed of DO/Caribbean graduates nonetheless. Got into a couple great programs so far alrdy. Hopefully my freeing up an interview slot can allow someone to achieve their dreams. Best of luck y'all!

Still concerned that this MD school's residency program is mainly composed of DO/Caribbean graduates nonetheless. Got into a couple great programs so far alrdy. Hopefully my freeing up an interview slot can allow someone to achieve their dreams. Best of luck y'all!
I hope your sentiment toward DO and Caribbean students changes once you eventually start practicing medicine. They aren’t inferior or something, just taking another route toward the same end goal, treating patients and contributing to medicine.

Reactions: 8 users
I hope your sentiment toward DO and Caribbean students changes once you eventually start practicing medicine. They aren’t inferior or something, just taking another route toward the same end goal, treating patients and contributing to medicine.

My previous comment was ill worded. I mean no disrespect in any regards, my apologies.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

OH this makes a lot more sense! Thank you! What a relief!

What is a typical delay between completed experience review and a phone interview or rejection?

II offered last week, phone interview 9/12 so it took ~2 months!

Can anyone confirm if this is the match list?

I don't think I have ever seen any US medical graduates (and so many of them) matching into DO programs and foreign residency programs.

Read the category titles. "Emergency Medicine", "Sports Medicine Fellowship". The list are people who matched into their residency programs. The first class of medical students graduates in 2018, so they have not had Match Day. Residency is after medical school.

Read the category titles. "Emergency Medicine", "Sports Medicine Fellowship". The list are people who matched into their residency programs. The first class of medical students graduates in 2018, so they have not had Match Day. Residency is after medical school.

Thanks for your input, totally didn’t know that residency was after medical school. Duly noted

Withdrawing here too, since I just got an acceptance from my state school! Good luck to everyone, Stryker really seems like a special school with a lot of potential!!

Waitlisted interviewed 11/10. Pretty sad, I loved this school. Trying to keep in mind there is lots of waitlist movement.

JUST GOT ACCEPTED! IM SHOOK. I WAS FREAKING OUT!!!!!!! Interviewed 11/10. OOS.

Reactions: 8 users
Okay since I am a little crazy, and really needed some hope for waitlist movement, I did some browsing on last year's thread, hopefully this info can give some hope to others too:

There were a total of 14 acceptances off the waitlist reported on SDN:
12/7 accepted, 11/4 interview
12/7 accepted, October interview
12/12 accepted, 11/4 interview
12/12 accepted, late September interview
1/23 accepted, 9/30 interview
1/31 accepted, 11/18 interview
2/1 accepted, 1/6 interview
2/25 accepted
4/1 accepted, 2/10 interview
4/5 accepted, 2/10 interview
4/5 accepted, 2/24 interview
4/12 accepted, 1/13 interview
4/12 accepted, 3/10 interview
6/1 accepted

At least two of these people got merit scholarships after being accepted
One person got rejected off the waitlist prior to April 30

Hope my neuroticism can bring someone a little needed hope in this crazy process :) Also congrats to everyone already accepted!!

Reactions: 9 users
Okay since I am a little crazy, and really needed some hope for waitlist movement, I did some browsing on last year's thread, hopefully this info can give some hope to others too:

There were a total of 14 acceptances off the waitlist reported on SDN:
12/7 accepted, 11/4 interview
12/7 accepted, October interview
12/12 accepted, 11/4 interview
12/12 accepted, late September interview
1/23 accepted, 9/30 interview
1/31 accepted, 11/18 interview
2/1 accepted, 1/6 interview
2/25 accepted
4/1 accepted, 2/10 interview
4/5 accepted, 2/10 interview
4/5 accepted, 2/24 interview
4/12 accepted, 1/13 interview
4/12 accepted, 3/10 interview
6/1 accepted

At least two of these people got merit scholarships after being accepted
One person got rejected off the waitlist prior to April 30

Hope my neuroticism can bring someone a little needed hope in this crazy process :) Also congrats to everyone already accepted!!

bless u

II today! I haven't gotten an email but I saw an update on my portal

Received interview invitation today (11/29). Three months after the phone interview. LizzyM ~70 and OOS.

Previous dates of relevance:
Secondary Received 7/10
Secondary Submitted 7/16
Marked Complete 7/17
Phone Interview Offered 8/10
Phone Interview Complete 8/21

Also am I crazy or are there like only 3 interview days: This Friday, Jan 26th and February 16th?

It's been about 8 weeks for me. :/

I suppose we shouldn't lose hope! I received an on-campus II this morning. Phone interview early September. Keeping my fingers crossed that you hear back soon, too!

Phone interview offered this morning via portal. I haven't gotten an email yet though..

Telephone interview offered and scheduled today! Complete 10/26 and so excited :)))))

Phone interview today, experiences review complete in August I think (feels like years ago). I’ll probs do the interview cause it sounds interesting but I’m not expecting too much! Loved what I read about the school though.

Hmmmm so experiences review completed in July and still haven't even heard about a phone interview. Guess it's time to assume rejection soon

Got an II this morning! Phone interview completed on 9/11. Kinda shock because I thought my phone interview went poorly. Interview scheduled for 1/12.

Got an II this morning! Phone interview completed on 9/11. Kinda shock because I thought my phone interview went poorly. Interview scheduled for 1/12.

I'm there that day as well! Congrats!

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting an in-person interview if you got a phone interview? I had my phone interview.

II on Wednesday! My phone interview was in late September. It was nice to hear back after what felt like a long time!

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting an in-person interview if you got a phone interview? I had my phone interview.

I believe 50% of those interviewed on the phone will be invited to their campus interview.

Edit: I previously said this figure was on the website. I cannot find that information, so this may not be the case.

For those of you that have done your phone interview, did they ask any school specific questions? I know it is done by an independent contractor but I’m still wondering if it is specific to the school