2017-2018 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone going to interview on Oct. 13th?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Post secondary rejection.

Grats everyone.

Probably overthinking this one on the secondary...

When it says "preparatory master's program", is that mainly post-bac programs? I'm doing a master's but it's not post-bac or geared towards prepping for med school at all

I sent a primary to this school premcat . Need to know whether its worth the $ to submit a secondary.
3.8sGPA, 3.7cGPA, 4.0 Graduate, 502 MCAT (125/123/128/126) 500 hrs in Fam Medicine, 8000 hours legal experience (non-traditional).

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent a primary to this school premcat . Need to know whether its worth the $ to submit a secondary.
3.8sGPA, 3.7cGPA, 4.0 Graduate, 502 MCAT (125/123/128/126) 500 hrs in Fam Medicine, 8000 hours legal experience (non-traditional).

You are not below the 10% for mcat and you GPA looks great so I would take the shot

Has anyone who is a West Virginia resident (I am) been rejected after submitting secondary? I submitted mine yesterday and am officially nervous....

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who is a West Virginia resident (I am) been rejected after submitting secondary? I submitted mine yesterday and am officially nervous....

I feel the same way. Being a WV resident gives me hope though haha. Submitted mine 7/20 but still under review

anyone else not get an email after they booked the interview

Hi everyone!
Im OOS interviewing on September 27th... I'm flying in from California and am having a hard time finding affordable travel to Morgantown without having to stay for four nights since none of my available flight times match up with the Greyline schedule... I was wondering if anyone coming in for that date would maybe want to carpool from the airport together and split the cost of a rental car for the 26th and the 27th? :)

Can someone please post an updated secondary for this year? Thanks!!

Hey, everyone! This is my first SDN post.

I was confirmed on 7/7 and received an II on 7/21.

I am a Missouri resident, but have lived in Western MD (though this is nowhere listed on my app).

Reactions: 1 users
I'm honestly shook I was offered a secondary. My MCAT score was not cute AT ALL.

Reactions: 4 users
First Rejection from here today

submitted secondary 7/25, rejected 8/2

For those who received an interview, did you receive an email confirming your interview day? if so when did you receive it?

Good luck all !

II! secondary submitted 7/20, complete 7/24

For those who received an interview, did you receive an email confirming your interview day? if so when did you receive it?

Good luck all !
Comes the day after! But you can double check your interview slot on the portal :)

II! Submitted 7/24. OoS.

Last edited:
OOS Rejected today. Good luck everyone!

Good luck all !

Yes. I received confirmation two days after I chose my date. I spoke to admissions and was told that the best way to check is to go to the portal they send with the secondary invitation, and look at your events.

Oh, is it already Friday? Time for me to procrastinate from my weekly duties.

I gave a long-winded account of my experiences in MS1 and MS2 on the admissions thread from last year, read here.

I'm fairly confident the new MS2 and even MS3 will be able to chime in with their experiences/advice as well.

So, feel free to ask away!

Late in posting this, but I got an interview invite on July 26th. My secondary had been received July 18th.

Can anyone that has interviewed last cycle or any current students help answer if interview day will be over in time for me to catch the 5:40pm bus from Mountaineer Station to Pittsburgh? Thanks

Any movement so far this week for regular MD?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can anyone that has interviewed last cycle or any current students help answer if interview day will be over in time for me to catch the 5:40pm bus from Mountaineer Station to Pittsburgh? Thanks
I had the last interview slot of the afternoon that was 3:30 and I was out at about 4:15 if I remember correctly. Hope this helps!

I had the last interview slot of the afternoon that was 3:30 and I was out at about 4:15 if I remember correctly. Hope this helps!
WAIT. Wrong thread. Thought this was EVMS. Sorry haha

Is it worth submitting the secondary for this school? Last year 0 internationals got in out of 150 people. Not very promising.

What's the typical turnaround time for this school between secondary submission and either II or rejection?

I did not interview yet. However, Mountaineer Station is about 2 minutes walk from the campus. Also, according to the interview day schedule, I think that you will easily be able to catch the Pittsburgh bus.

II received this morning for regular MD! In State, Completed 7/25.

Reactions: 4 users