2017-2018 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OK just got my II lol. Yay!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Woot! First post in SDN. Got the II today, Completed 7/5! Any insight into the three different interview locations?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For all of you that got interviews: I clicked the link, and confirmed my time. But was the link they sent us linked to our name/account? When I click the link again, it lets me go back to the interview calendar page and click my date (again). When I confirm it, the page doesn't load.

Slightly worried my choice did not go through.

Edit: Also...did anyone receive a confirmation email of their interview choice?

For all of you that got interviews: I clicked the link, and confirmed my time. But was the link they sent us linked to our name/account? When I click the link again, it lets me go back to the interview calendar page and click my date (again). When I confirm it, the page doesn't load.

It did. I had the same thing happen to me lol. I got the confirmation mail the next day. Who else is scheduled for Sept 1?

Edit: Also...did anyone receive a confirmation email of their interview choice?
If you're still worried, go to your WVU applicant portal and it should show you your reserved interview date/time.

Got an II too!!!! YAY

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Submitted July 4th, completed July 5th. LizzyM 65, OOS.

I'm a WV resident and I submitted my primary application on 6/29 and have not received any information about a secondary application yet....... My application hasn't been verified yet with AMCAS (they're just now on 6/20)... should I be worried about not receiving a secondary? Should I reach out?

I'm a WV resident and I submitted my primary application on 6/29 and have not received any information about a secondary application yet....... My application hasn't been verified yet with AMCAS (they're just now on 6/20)... should I be worried about not receiving a secondary? Should I reach out?
No, gotta be verified first

II as well! OOS and complete 7/5

Reactions: 4 users
Woohoo!!!!! I'll be there sept 13th :)

Congrats y'all! I wish I completed this secondary a little earlier - haven't heard anything yet but was complete on the 10th

All these early interviews have me worried since I won't even have an MCAT score til august 1 but congrats everybody! Hoping I can eventually join you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

All these early interviews have me worried since I won't even have an MCAT score til august 1 but congrats everybody! Hoping I can eventually join you

I can sort of relate. My AMCAS hasn't been verified yet...

For my OOS people with IIs: how do you plan on getting to Morgantown? I'm coming from Colorado so I definitely won't be able to drive. Also, I couldn't find any flights directly there from any of the airports around me. Also, the grey line bus from Pitt seems like it wouldn't really work with an interview day and getting back fast.

For my OOS people with IIs: how do you plan on getting to Morgantown? I'm coming from Colorado so I definitely won't be able to drive. Also, I couldn't find any flights directly there from any of the airports around me. Also, the grey line bus from Pitt seems like it wouldn't really work with an interview day and getting back fast.
I'm still trying to figure that out /: I wanted to fly but I don't know if that's going to be possible. I'm from Long Island , NY btw

I'm still trying to figure that out /: I wanted to fly but I don't know if that's going to be possible. I'm from Long Island , NY btw

It might be a bit easier for you then maybe. It looks like it's going to be easiest (for me anyway) to fly into Pitt and then either catch the Grey Line or get a rental.

It might be a bit easier for you then maybe. It looks like it's going to be easiest (for me anyway) to fly into Pitt and then either catch the Grey Line or get a rental.
That may work! I was trying to find flights and I wasn't coming up with anything either so we'll see what happens lol !

That may work! I was trying to find flights and I wasn't coming up with anything either so we'll see what happens lol !

I ended up booking a Denver to Pitt flight on 9/21 and a return flight on the morning of 9/23 so I could use the Grey Line instead of a $50 charge from a rental company for being 24 instead of 25.

Also, did you guys receive any type of confirmation when you selected your interview date? There wasn't a sign in and I didn't get an email confirming my spot. I'm probably just spazzing though

Woot! First post in SDN. Got the II today, Completed 7/5! Any insight into the three different interview locations?
Last year, I was part of the first group which interviewed at Eastern Campus. While it was definitely much further out (ended up flying in to the wrong airport and driving through the night), it was really neat to be able to see the community clinics that the video mentioned as well as get some personal feedback about the new rotations/unique opportunities. Though the best part was how half the class showed up (6 people, for 5 interviewees)to take us on the tour so we each had someone to talk to while walking around. This time round, I opted for Morgantown as I wanted to see what the main campus was like. Additionally last year (not sure about this year) they didn't have a second look day so I figured itd be nice to get a feel for where I would potentially be staying for the first two years.

Right now, I'm eyeing renting a car (triple A waves under 25 fee if renting through Hertz). I've also considered taking the greyline though the idea of a 4 hour bus ride is a bit unappealing. Additionally I'm also not sure If I'd be able to make it since it leaves at 205pm from Morgantown. I did see a flight from PIT to MGW though transportation to and from the airport is a bit of a hassle, and the cost vs renting a car is not that big of a difference.

I ended up booking a Denver to Pitt flight on 9/21 and a return flight on the morning of 9/23 so I could use the Grey Line instead of a $50 charge from a rental company for being 24 instead of 25.

Also, did you guys receive any type of confirmation when you selected your interview date? There wasn't a sign in and I didn't get an email confirming my spot. I'm probably just spazzing though
Didn't receive a confirmation email. Though my portal did update the following day with my location and time.

Update: Just got a confirmation email

Last edited:
If anyone wants a sample trip here's the one I booked:

Flying into Pit from DFW on 9/10 and taking the Grey Line Pit to Morgantown 6:00pm -> 7:35pm
Interviewing on the 11th but could not find a flight late enough to make it back to DFW
Taking Grey Line Morgantown to Pit 8:15am -> 10:00am on 9/12
Flying Pit to Chicago to DFW 9/12

I am taking advantage of their MedStay program on the night of 9/10, hopefully they will let me stay the 11th as well.

EDIT: Total travel cost was $235
EDIT EDIT: This will be my first time flying lol

If anyone wants a sample trip here's the one I booked:

Flying into Pit from DFW on 9/10 and taking the Grey Line Pit to Morgantown 6:00pm -> 7:35pm
Interviewing on the 11th but could not find a flight late enough to make it back to DFW
Taking Grey Line Morgantown to Pit 8:15am -> 10:00am on 9/12
Flying Pit to Chicago to DFW 9/12

I am taking advantage of their MedStay program on the night of 9/10, hopefully they will let me stay the 11th as well.

EDIT: Total travel cost was $235
EDIT EDIT: This will be my first time flying lol
That sounds like a good plan. Just saw the direct PIT to WVU grey line for $25. Not sure why only the $.75 greyline popped up for me.

Have fun flying!

I will be taking grey line from PIT to Morgantown. But will probably have to use uber on the way back :( unless I get one of the earlier interview times and don't have to stick around til 3:30

Driving from Connecticut to Morgantown. 7.5 hours...not too terrible.

Driving from Connecticut to Morgantown. 7.5 hours...not too terrible.
Yikes. Are you planning on driving to and from Morgantown on the same day?!?

I will be taking grey line from PIT to Morgantown. But will probably have to use uber on the way back :( unless I get one of the earlier interview times and don't have to stick around til 3:30

Even if you're there late, the Grey Line leaves Morgantown again at ~5:30. Though, I'm not sure when your flight is.

yeah this is why I'm staying the extra night and flying back the next day.

Same lol if I didn't then I wouldn't get back to Denver until midnight then I wouldn't get home until 4 am. Swerve

EDIT: ignore me, someone answered this for you haha
If you log back into the site where you filled your secondary out, there's a option you can click (can remember offhand the name of it) but it's underneath "checklist" I think and it tells you your interview date and that you successfully signed up for one. There's only three buttons so one of em will tell ya that lol

For people with IIs so far, are any of you guys applying for the MedStay thing?

Also rejected. LizzyM 70-73. Complete 7/10. Best of luck, y'all!

Last edited: