2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of us who interviewed late Feb/early March and haven’t heard anything back, do y’all think we’re on a waitlist and the committee didn’t bother sending out updates because things could change after the “Plan to Enroll” (April 15th) deadline? Or are y’all taking the silence as a delayed rejection? The anxiety is draining me 😫

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of us who interviewed late Feb/early March and haven’t heard anything back, do y’all think we’re on a waitlist and the committee didn’t bother sending out updates because things could change after the “Plan to Enroll” (April 15th) deadline? Or are y’all taking the silence as a delayed rejection? The anxiety is draining me 😫
I'm gonna stay optimistic and believe that they're waiting until late April to make a decision :)

Reactions: 2 users
I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… mid tier IS here…what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?

I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… mid tier IS here…what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?
Same situation here, I’ve been top tier waitlisted at EVMS since November

Anyone know if OOS students can get in-state tuition after 1 year at EVMS?

What is the reasoning for this?
They never explained why, but they made it very clear that OOS students will never have a chance to become IS unless we get married to a virginia resident or something? Might be wrong about the last part tbh

They never explained why, but they made it very clear that OOS students will never have a chance to become IS unless we get married to a virginia resident or something? Might be wrong about the last part tbh
It’s based on something called domiciliary intent. Each state has their own rules for how you establish you want to be a resident. Less populous ones like Wyoming typically just require you to be there for a year. Most states, though, VA included have an added requirement that you have to be there for 12 consecutive months, and then establish intent to stay by switching driver’s lid Ende and such over. It’s to stop people from switching over just to get cheaper school and then switching to another residency right after. Idk why they said you couldn’t. As far as I know it’s harder to do in VA, but possible to do as long as you can establish intent to stay there (just google how)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It’s based on something called domiciliary intent. Each state has their own rules for how you establish you want to be a resident. Less populous ones like Wyoming typically just require you to be there for a year. Most states, though, VA included have an added requirement that you have to be there for 12 consecutive months, and then establish intent to stay by switching driver’s lid Ende and such over. It’s to stop people from switching over just to get cheaper school and then switching to another residency right after. Idk why they said you couldn’t. As far as I know it’s harder to do in VA, but possible to do as long as you can establish intent to stay there (just google how)
No I meant EVMS specifically will never allow OOS students become eligible for IS tuition. Other virginia schools have diff rules.

Edit: if you meant someone living in VA for 12 consecutive months prior to applying to be an IS applicant, yes that will probably work. I was talking about applicants who get into EVMS as OOS applicants.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
people who interviewed late (last week of march), when do we think we will hear back??

I interviewed late Feb and emailed a week ago for an update of which I have not yet received a response... Does EVMS typically notify us if we've been rejected post-interview? It's not a great feeling being ghosted

I interviewed late Feb and emailed a week ago for an update of which I have not yet received a response... Does EVMS typically notify us if we've been rejected post-interview? It's not a great feeling being ghosted
I called yesterday and they said they have one more adcoms meeting but plan to notify everyone by May 1st...

I believe they meant everyone will have A/WL/R by May 1st. Not sure why they are waiting so long...
According to last years thread, movements happened well after May 1st. So I think they're doing final decisions for May 1st for everyone. Then waitlist movement will start. I believe they meant that every one that has not yet been A/WL/R and rather on hold will get their decision.

Looking at previous years, about 2/3 of the matriculating class is from the waitlist which moves rapidly after May starts off so I think the adcoms do meet until matriculation.

This is all based on previous years' threads so maybe this year things change who knows?

According to last years thread, movements happened well after May 1st. So I think they're doing final decisions for May 1st for everyone. Then waitlist movement will start. I believe they meant that every one that has not yet been A/WL/R and rather on hold will get their decision.

Looking at previous years, about 2/3 of the matriculating class is from the waitlist which moves rapidly after May starts off so I think the adcoms do meet until matriculation.

This is all based on previous years' threads so maybe this year things change who knows?
Thanks for taking time to look this up!

Are we expecting there to be any IS WL movement?

Interviewed late in the cycle (March 29th) and haven't heard anything back yet. Was hoping they would tell us with more time before May 1st. Anyone else in the same boat?

Interviewed late in the cycle (March 29th) and haven't heard anything back yet. Was hoping they would tell us with more time before May 1st. Anyone else in the same boat?
Interviewed on March 15th and still haven't heard anything

Are people sending update letters/LOIs to the EVMS admissions email address or somewhere else?

does anyone know if the ~75/200 WL offers from MSAR data accounts for people who were waitlisted early in the cycle and accepted early? I know some people went WL--> A within a matter of weeks back in the fall.

does anyone know if the ~75/200 WL offers from MSAR data accounts for people who were waitlisted early in the cycle and accepted early? I know some people went WL--> A within a matter of weeks back in the fall.
I think it accounts for all waitlisted, from the whole cycle.

Anyone who interviewed late heard anything? Would love to not be in limbo.
I interviewed first week of March and it’s been complete silence. Not sure how to feel because I thought everyone was in limbo until at least May 1st but it seems some have heard back. You’re definitely not alone, friend. Really wish they didn’t put 4-5 weeks as a response time in the presentation.

Hey guys is it too late to fill out fafsa and CSS not just for scholarships but loans as well? And are class exams NBME? Thanks so much!

Hey guys, current M1 at EVMS here - this time last year I was on the WL losing hope and sanity until I was accepted a couple weeks later as were a lot of others. Movement may not happen immediately but it will soon, so keep the faith! Best of luck to you all
hope restored. good luck to those of us on the WL

Hey guys, current M1 at EVMS here - this time last year I was on the WL losing hope and sanity until I was accepted a couple weeks later as were a lot of others. Movement may not happen immediately but it will soon, so keep the faith! Best of luck to you all
Do you know people who got off the mid tier waitlist :)