2017-2018 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected today. Secondary confirmed 7/10, OOS, 513 MCAT, 3.47 sGPA / 3.59 cGPA. That's okay though, good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
rejected today OOS 3.88 GPA and 506 mcat. good luck to everyone who has II!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected as well. OOS. Good luck to the rest of you!

I'm getting worried since I was confirmed on 7/13 and haven't heard anything
There's nothing to be worried about. Some of the people that just posted they were rejected were confirmed 7/10. Your application probably won't even be reviewed for at least another week.

Rejected today, 7/19. MCAT 512 uGPA 3.4 | Graduate GPA (SMP): 3.9

Good luck to everyone else!

Edit: OOS

Silence for me - complete on 07/10. (OOS).

WVU is in my top 3, definitely hoping to hear back soon. Good luck to all!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Looks like most of the OOS got rejected. I am OOS as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, no news is good news. OOS still standing over here :nailbiting:

Got verified today and finally received the secondary!

II!!!!!!!! Cant wait! Like this school

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
II! So excited this is my first one!

Reactions: 6 users
OOS II today. Good luck to everyone with IIs and still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 3 users
II this afternoon PST. Did a CASPer like 2 weeks ago but score probably hasn't (or has?) arrived there.

Other info for those interested: LizzyM 67. California resident. LGBT (mentioned on app) Asian male. Low SES Background.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after selecting their interview date? I chose my date but haven't received anything, hoping it went though correctly

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get a confirmation email after selecting their interview date? I chose my date but haven't received anything, hoping it went though correctly

It usually takes a day for the confirmation email to come through :)

Hi all, just to make sure, no login or identifying info is asked for the interview day and time right? I guess the links they give us are unique? Super super simple, so just concerned lol.

Anyone applying to MSTP here, and if so have you heard anything about an II yet? My secondary was confirmed on 7/10.

II this morning. LizzyM ~ 70 OOS. Submitted July 7, not sure when I was complete though

II this morning. LizzyM ~ 70 OOS. Submitted July 7, not sure when I was complete though
Congrats! Seems like they are being pretty sporadic with giving these Interview Invites. Some people who submitted on 7/12 got theirs yesterday, and you submitted on the 7th just got yours today. Either way congrats!

Hi all, just to make sure, no login or identifying info is asked for the interview day and time right? I guess the links they give us are unique? Super super simple, so just concerned lol.

Yep that's how it was for me!

II today! Re-app. First of the season! OOS LizzyM~70. Got the complete email 7/13!

Got my very first II today from WVU! Not going to lie, I teared up a bit ;) I'm OSS, complete July 7. For anyone who was complete early and still hasn't heard back, don't lose hope!

it's weird how they interview so many oos but accept so few. not sure if it's worth an app considering no one from california was accepted last year...

it's weird how they interview so many oos but accept so few. not sure if it's worth an app considering no one from california was accepted last year...
Yeah, the MSAR data does not look good for a few OOS states. And Cali being so far, I would probably wait for another Virgina/ in the area school interview before flying to a possible waitlist/reject.

Yeah, the MSAR data does not look good for a few OOS states. And Cali being so far, I would probably wait for another Virgina/ in the area school interview before flying to a possible waitlist/reject.

yeah, i'm with you. i'll wait a few weeks before throwing an app in instead of wasting $500+ on travel lol

Does anyone have experience or are planning to drive to the interview from the Northeast?

Any idea why they would II CA applicants but not accept any (or many)? Is it because of their mission for rural medicine?

Also, not asking for specific questions, but does anyone have any input on what the interviews are like?

Any idea why they would II CA applicants but not accept any (or many)? Is it because of their mission for rural medicine?

Also, not asking for specific questions, but does anyone have any input on what the interviews are like?

If you look at the MSAR, they pretty much only accepted students from around West Virginia. Seems like they want students who are going to stay in the area and they know cali students usually want to go back.

Added this for those without MSAR to see what i'm referring to:
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 2.56.45 PM.png

Last edited:

People also could've withdrawn bc of the relatively high OOS cost and gone to another school. Or they could've gotten accepted to a school closer to home, higher ranking, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does WVU wait for you to do CASPer before considering your app complete to be reviewed for an II?

Congrats to all with IIs here so far! I just got an II this morning, woo! October 4th!

If anyone is coming from the Maryland/DC/Northern VA area, let me know!

Congrats to all with IIs here so far! I just got an II this morning, woo! October 4th!

If anyone is coming from the Maryland/DC/Northern VA area, let me know!

Congrats!! Mind sharing your stats? IS or OOS? Complete date?

II today! International, LM 71, Complete 7/13. Didn't expect at all to be offered an interview.