2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i know im probably being neurotic BUT i interviewed offically over 3 weeks ago and from what I saw before people at least got a HOLD or WL by the two week mark. Has anyone received no correspondance before hand and been successful in being accepted :'')

Mine was 6 weeks ago and no response so far. Hoping for the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine was 6 weeks ago and no response so far. Hoping for the best.
Took them 3 months to get back to me after my interview and the wait was NERVE-RACKING! I’m on the WL now, but hoping for the best for you guys since it’s later in the cycle!

is anyone else having a hard time logging into the financial aid portal? my plan was to get that done this weekend and now I cant login and theres no forgot password option.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took them 3 months to get back to me after my interview and the wait was NERVE-RACKING! I’m on the WL now, but hoping for the best for you guys since it’s later in the cycle!
Do you mind me asking if your IS or OOS

Have an interview coming up this Wednesday. What did y'all think about the information session? I know I saw earlier that many got A's and didn't attend. Do you feel like the info session helped prepare you more for the interview? I'm considering not going to it as I'd have to cancel some other engagements in order to attend, but I'd love to hear anyone's input.

Has there been any accepted student visits to date and if so can anyone explain how it went? I am going in April and was just wondering what to expect

Has there been any accepted student visits to date and if so can anyone explain how it went? I am going in April and was just wondering what to expect
I went in February! It was a solid tour. You met potential classmates at the beginning of the tour, staff led you to a smaller conference room in brickell, admissions members separated you into smaller groups, and students showed you around the campus. My guide was very helpful and answered all of my questions enthusiastically.

If you’re not from the area and plan on staying overnight, I recommend staying downtown and exploring norfolk! Waterside has some cool bars and restaurants, and the area around Granby St has a lot of cool places to see.

Reactions: 2 users
Have an interview coming up this Wednesday. What did y'all think about the information session? I know I saw earlier that many got A's and didn't attend. Do you feel like the info session helped prepare you more for the interview? I'm considering not going to it as I'd have to cancel some other engagements in order to attend, but I'd love to hear anyone's input.
I found it helpful more so for my nerves but they did provide information that I did use in the interview. I don't think its crucial for you to attend tbh but I enjoyed it

I didn’t attend the info session but I know it can’t hurt. I was just in the middle of two night shifts at work and decided that my sleep was more important than the info session.

Any accepted students able to connect with current students at EVMS? I know they have student ambassadors. I’m trying to connect with students who share similarities to me (non-trad) but don’t know where to start. I have questions about the school and area and trying to learn more.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ same situation, interviewed about a month ago but no email so I'm worried

Reactions: 1 users
middle-tier WL interviewed about six weeks ago. IS.

What are the chances for the middle tier?

middle-tier WL interviewed about six weeks ago. IS.

What are the chances for the middle tier?
Also middle tier IS. I am thinking the chances for getting off the mid tier waitlist is not super likely from what I have seen on past threads. And just the fact that there is less in state waitlist movement, not sure how to feel about the middle tier. Would like to hear other thoughts on this if anyone has any insight or predictions!

Also middle tier IS. I am thinking the chances for getting off the mid tier waitlist is not super likely from what I have seen on past threads. And just the fact that there is less in state waitlist movement, not sure how to feel about the middle tier. Would like to hear other thoughts on this if anyone has any insight or predictions!
I think it's more of a demographic match kind of thing from what they said at the info session/chatter on previous threads. So it doesn't necessarily go through a rank I believe but rather demographic matching with the person who withdrew which means you can be pulled from the middle tier

I think it's more of a demographic match kind of thing from what they said at the info session/chatter on previous threads. So it doesn't necessarily go through a rank I believe but rather demographic matching with the person who withdrew which means you can be pulled from the middle tier
By this logic, would there be more WL movement for high-tier IS? Theoretically those people would have acceptances at the other VA schools and/or fancier OOS schools that they would take before EVMS.

By this logic, would there be more WL movement for high-tier IS? Theoretically those people would have acceptances at the other VA schools and/or fancier OOS schools that they would take before EVMS.
Yeah I would think so but idk what is meant by "demographic" matching-- like OOS vs IS, stats, sex, race, etc you know like what do they mean lol and how specific do they get. Who will ever know what goes on w ad coms

Yeah I would think so but idk what is meant by "demographic" matching-- like OOS vs IS, stats, sex, race, etc you know like what do they mean lol and how specific do they get. Who will ever know what goes on w ad coms
From my limited understanding, EVMS has a set ratio of IS and OOS (about 50:50). So if an IS applicant withdraws, the school will try to look for an applicant from similar background/stats/race in the IS waitlist pool. I think I read from the previous thread that the initial search starts from the top 1/3 pool, but if the school can’t match someone, then they will go to next tier for their search.

the best way i can think of is that the ranking applies for people in the same demographic category. so if there’s two IS URM males with similar stats and extracurriculars, the one that’s high-tier would be pulled before the one that’s low tier. but if they’re looking for a specific demographic that doesn’t exist in the high tier WL, they’d pull from the mid tier. i was waitlisted in november (IS midtier) and then taken off the waitlist in december. and my best guess is that someone similar to me dropped and no one like me existed on the high tier WL yet.

Just emailed admissions to request that my application be withdrawn from the top-tier waitlist. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Are there other applicants that interviewed about a month ago and have yet to receive an email? (Interviewed 3/3)
And is this good news or worrying?

Are there other applicants that interviewed about a month ago and have yet to receive an email? (Interviewed 3/3)
And is this good news or worrying?
I interviewed 3/1 and I’m anxiously refreshing this thread and my email every 10 minutes 🥲..…let’s just hope and pray no news yet means good news but idk 🙃

I interviewed mid to late February and still haven't heard back. Should I reach out or take this as an unfortunate sign given how late it is in the cycle? That being said, have any post II R's been handed out?

I interviewed mid to late February and still haven't heard back. Should I reach out or take this as an unfortunate sign given how late it is in the cycle? That being said, have any post II R's been handed out?
I'd reach out. I tend to believe no news is good news

I interviewed 3/1 and I’m anxiously refreshing this thread and my email every 10 minutes 🥲..…let’s just hope and pray no news yet means good news but idk 🙃
Im in the same boat. Keep your head up king

Got the A this morning from EVMS. Interviewed in late December and was waitlisted in early February. So happy and grateful, keep your hopes up people!

Reactions: 11 users
Got the A this morning from EVMS. Interviewed in late December and was waitlisted in early February. So happy and grateful, keep your hopes up people!
Congrats, IS or OOS?

Congrats! What tier were you in if you don't mind my asking?

we stan the waistlist movement. cognrats future doc!!!!

Pre-II R just now. Seemed like a nice email at least!

• Sad
Pre-II R. Their interview season has reached its end. Best of luck to those are waiting for a decision here!

• Sad
Finally got the pre-II R. IS and was on the waitlist 2 cycles ago lol

I forgot I applied here until 10 minutes ago when I got the Pre-II R haha

• Haha
anyone else interview in late Feb still waiting to hear back? not sure if it's worth a call to admissions at this point. the anxiety is getting to me 😭

just withdrew my A here — best of luck to all of you WL folks!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Top tier waitlist in Jan but haven't heard anything back since. Should I send along a letter of intent? This is my top choice and I would easily take it over other As.

Top tier waitlist in Jan but haven't heard anything back since. Should I send along a letter of intent? This is my top choice and I would easily take it over other As.
are you IS or OOS? They do like to see interest so loi is a good idea :)