2022-2023 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone that has interviewed, was it one interview with two interviewers? Or two separate interviews?
1 interview w/ 2 interviewers

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the post-interview student Q&A has any impact on the admission decision? I signed up months ago and totally spaced after my interview and didn’t get on it 😓

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS but still waiting
Me too. They told my group that because they were going through the accreditation process it would be a little later than normal but they did say mid-November (which I'd say it is currently) ;-;

Me too. They told my group that because they were going through the accreditation process it would be a little later than normal but they did say mid-November (which I'd say it is currently) ;-;
Same! I'm hoping they'll let us know this week since its the last full week before Thanksgiving, fingers crossed!

Looking at last year's thread, a lot of people got off of the interview waitlist around now!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 10/28, was told we would hear back the week of Thanksgiving. OOS, so I know the odds are not in my favor :(

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting on an II...

Put on the interview waitlist early Sep haha

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 10/28, was told we would hear back the week of Thanksgiving. OOS, so I know the odds are not in my favor :(
Interviewed 20 days before that and STILL haven't heard. OOS as well ;-;

Members don't see this ad :)
For real, I was really hoping something would have happened by now

OOS interviewed oct 28, told we'd have something by Thanksgiving. Anyone who interviewed this day heard back yet?

Post-II WL! Complete 7/8, interviewed 10/8. OOS so not necessarily surprised.

Anyone who interviewed who has not heard back at all?
I was told by today noon but no email.

Interviewed 10/28. Waitlisted, OOS. I plan on attending elsewhere so I am removing my application. Wishing the best of luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I have to say, WVU not accepting thank you letters is pretty sweet.

OOS II after being placed on interview waitlist back on August 2nd.

OOS II after being placed on interview waitlist back on August 2nd.
Congrats! Wishing you the best of luck with your interview. It seemed like a wonderful place from my interview experience

II OOS Hold interview list previously. Declining this good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II just now as well , was placed on the interview waitlist in September
Just looked at the post-ii acceptance document (18% for OOS) and this thread with all OOS being waitlisted, now I'm not so sure if I should attend the interview. I was initially excited about the school

Reactions: 4 users
Any tips on how to prepare for the interview? Also, any interview experiences would be awesome to hear about!

Got an interview invite 🎉 anyone know about interviewed acceptance rates?

Just looked at the post-ii acceptance document (18% for OOS) and this thread with all OOS being waitlisted, now I'm not so sure if I should attend the interview. I was initially excited about the school

Can I DM you?

So people are FINALLY getting off the waitlist for interviews?

OOS II on Friday after being put on the II waitlist in September. I have no ties to WV, but I really like the school, so we'll see what happens 🙏

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II on Friday after being put on the II waitlist in September. I have no ties to WV, but I really like the school, so we'll see what happens 🙏

Congrats!!! Mind sharing what date you were put on the waitlist?

I just got off the interview waitlist on December 4 , my interview is scheduled early February. Do I still have a chance to get in , my stats aren’t the best. 506 w 3.92cGPA. I’m oos but used to live there for 13 years. Please help I need realistic advice like are all spots taken for the school and am I competing for the waitlist or are there some spots left still .

I just got off the interview waitlist on December 4 , my interview is scheduled early February. Do I still have a chance to get in , my stats aren’t the best. 506 w 3.92cGPA. I’m oos but used to live there for 13 years. Please help I need realistic advice like are all spots taken for the school and am I competing for the waitlist or are there some spots left still .
The most honest answer I can give — there’s really no telling. As a reapplicant who’s applied to 70+ schools across two years (including this school twice and am currently on WL), I’m none the wiser with regards to what schools want. But, I’ve had more success this year fortunately, and what I believe to be the general formula for getting into med school is some combination of talent + grit + luck. For me, grit and luck have helped a lot.

The most honest answer I can give — there’s really no telling. As a reapplicant who’s applied to 70+ schools across two years (including this school twice and am currently on WL), I’m none the wiser with regards to what schools want. But, I’ve had more success this year fortunately, and what I believe to be the general formula for getting into med school is some combination of talent + grit + luck. For me, grit and luck have helped a lot.
Hmm do you mind me asking if your stats were comparable to mine or better ? I’m just trying to compare because this is my ideal school .

From my experience/interaction with other students at WVU and my own interview experience at other schools, the later in the season you interview the more competitive it is to get in because a lot of spots have been filled. WVU also waitlists a majority of their OOS interviewees post interview rather than immediate acceptance (not sure about post interview rejections), even those who interview early. But don’t give up hope!!! WVU has a lot of OOS post interview waitlist movement

Mind sharing when you were placed on the waitlist?

Ye I was placed on it Aug 24th and got off of it December 4 .

From my experience/interaction with other students at WVU and my own interview experience at other schools, the later in the season you interview the more competitive it is to get in because a lot of spots have been filled. WVU also waitlists a majority of their OOS interviewees post interview rather than immediate acceptance (not sure about post interview rejections), even those who interview early. But don’t give up hope!!! WVU has a lot of OOS post interview waitlist movement
When does that waitlist movement usually happen? closer to march?