2017-2018 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It definitely appears as if this school got stingier with their interview invites than previous years
I do appreciate the quick turnaround though. Good luck to those with interview invites and everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I do appreciate the quick turnaround though. Good luck to those with interview invites and everyone still waiting!

And it is nice that they send you a quick response letting you know that you wont get an interview, instead of having you wait around aimlessly for nothing. On to the next one!

Rejected today. Good luck to everyone who survived the cut! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
rejected today, 510, 3.65. i knew something was fishy when zero people matriculated from michigan last year...shouldn't have applied lol

Is it worth submitting the secondary for this school? Last year 0 internationals got in out of 150 people. Not very promising.
Are you looking at MSAR? Keep in mind that number is matriculation number, not acceptance. If you read through WVU thread from last year, there was one international who got in. He/She did not enroll though.

Are you looking at MSAR? Keep in mind that number is matriculation number, not acceptance. If you read through WVU thread from last year, there was one international who got in. He/She did not enroll though.
That is a little more promising. I hope WVU likes high gpas.

Out of state MS1 here (non neighboring state/ 0 ties to WV). Feel free to message with questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today OOS. I am worried that my chances here are drastically low as I haven't taken CASPER and didn't plan on taking it before now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
OOS 511 MCAT 3.92/3.88 CGPA/SGPA Veteran. I am doing my CASPer tomorrow so, we shall see.

II today OOS, complete 8/2! Does anyone else not see their interview date under 'Events' in the application portal after scheduling their interview or is it just me?

Also sucks the earliest date is November..

EDIT: Nevermind it is showing up on the portal now, but it's saying it is from 7AM to 12:30PM? Thought it was from 10-3:30PM lol.

Last edited:
Mountaineer station is at downtown campus, not health science campus. Not a two minute walk

No, Mountaineer Station IS actually near health sciences campus. I've been there and took the bus multiple times.
Downtown campus is about 15 minutes drive from the health sciences campus.
Check out the attached screenshot of the map for clarification

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.38.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.38.16 PM.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 56
Hi everyone! Interview question here. For anyone flying in, which airport are you flying into? I noticed on the II email that the school mentions the Pittsburgh airport, is this the closest one? I found the Morgantown airport, but there are no flights on the day I need to come in.

Hi everyone! Interview question here. For anyone flying in, which airport are you flying into? I noticed on the II email that the school mentions the Pittsburgh airport, is this the closest one? I found the Morgantown airport, but there are no flights on the day I need to come in.

The Morgantown airport isn't a true airport because they only have propeller planes. We have to fly to Pittsburgh and then either use a car or transit to get to Morgantown. I'm planning on using the Grey Line bus to get there.

The Morgantown airport isn't a true airport because they only have propeller planes. We have to fly to Pittsburgh and then either use a car or transit to get to Morgantown. I'm planning on using the Grey Line bus to get there.
Thank you!

Is anyone thinking about flying to Pittsburgh and then flying to Morgantown from there? That's what I have been looking at.

Is anyone thinking about flying to Pittsburgh and then flying to Morgantown from there? That's what I have been looking at.

Morgantown isn't really that far from PIT, I would just rent a car.

thats awesome

Thanks for the input. I'm just weighing my options. This is all a really new experience for me, so I'm open to the "adventure" aspect of it either way lol.

is it worth it to apply here if I'm OOS from New England, 3.3cGPA 3.25sGPA (Huge upward trend, 2.7 to 3.7 last two years), MCAT 515 128/128/131/128, 3500hrs research, 3 different labs, first author publication, current lab manager at a top 5 hospital/med school, normal volunteering ECs etc.

I don't have ties to WV though but it seems relatively OOS friendly just don't know if they love high GPA over high MCAT

is it worth it to apply here if I'm OOS from New England, 3.3cGPA 3.25sGPA (Huge upward trend, 2.7 to 3.7 last two years), MCAT 515 128/128/131/128, 3500hrs research, 3 different labs, first author publication, current lab manager at a top 5 hospital/med school, normal volunteering ECs etc.

I don't have ties to WV though but it seems relatively OOS friendly just don't know if they love high GPA over high MCAT
I say it sure is.

Seems like a lot of Wednesday decisions have been made by WVU, atleast on this thread. Fingers crossed...

Seems like a lot of Wednesday decisions have been made by WVU, atleast on this thread. Fingers crossed...

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the committee meets every Tuesday. So that could be why. It's either every Tuesday or every Thursday, I cant remember. But every Tuesday would account for the Wednesday decisions

Out of curiosity, when did you complete your application and did you apply through the EDP? Like you, I am eagerly awaiting a decision from WVU.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the committee meets every Tuesday. So that could be why. It's either every Tuesday or every Thursday, I cant remember. But every Tuesday would account for the Wednesday decisions
Not sure how it works but I got their email on a Monday, so I guess they are sending emails out everyday.

First II this morning!! OOS with weak ties to area, ORM, complete 8/7

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II! OOS with no ties to the area. Complete 8/9

Reactions: 4 users
II today, first one!! OOS, no ties to WV. Complete 8/10 (fast turnaround!)

My first II! Complete last week, LizzyM~70-73, OOS w ties. So happy

Reactions: 3 users
Received II, woohoo!
Stats: ISS; MCAT 508 125/127/127/129; cGPA 3.84; sGPA 3.83; gradGPA 3.82
Applied EDP
Secondary confirmed 8/9

II today this morning.
OOS
507 MCAT
3.94 sgpa + cgpa

Reactions: 5 users
Rejected. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Does anyone know how large the interview groups are per day? It seems like they have a lot of interview dates so ... just curious

Does anyone know what a preparatory master's program is? I have an unrelated master's in engineering, not sure if that counts. It wasn't meant to 'prepare' me for medical school.