2021-2022 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have been accepted, do you find out if you're accepted from just an email, or do you have to access the decision through the applicant portal (I’m not sure they mentioned recieving a call regarding decisions)?
I got a call and my portal updated later in that same afternoon with an accompanying email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a call and my portal updated later in that same afternoon with an accompanying email.
+1. Got a call in the morning that I wasn't able to answer, got an email and portal update in the afternoon, and they actually called again later to make sure they could congratulate me through a call. It was super nice that they were willing to try again after I couldn't answer the initial call.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. When were you complete and/or put on the waitlist
I know I'm late in replying to you and I'm sorry about that. I was completed July 15th and was placed on the II waitlist at the beginning of August. Not sure of the exact date.

I know I'm late in replying to you and I'm sorry about that. I was completed July 15th and was placed on the II waitlist at the beginning of August. Not sure of the exact date.
Congrats! Stats and IS/OOS?

OOS, currently still on waitlist for an II, if I have multiple reasons to send an update letter, should I just do it? Is there still a chance for me to even get off the WL in hopes of an II?

WL this morning :/ kinda bummed since I thought the interview went well and the students and faculty were awesome. can't say I'm surprised though. OOS

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the Waitlist for Interview Inquiry email, I didn't realize schools do this tbh. I was WL pre-II in late August.

I don't know how to feel because I have been on the Pre-II WL since 08/11 but didn't receive an email. I posted an update pre-holiday that'd they'd probably see post-holiday. Not sure its good or bad that I didn't receive the email... Anyone know?

Last edited:
Is it right to assume that most WL movement for OOS applicants happens around the end of April/beginning of May? I know they have a large, unranked waitlist so I'm not expecting much but trying to have some hope lol.

Is there a current student who can summarize the differences between the 3 campuses from their perspective? I tried to look through the link provided in the interview invite, but am getting a little lost in all of the information.

I didn’t receive this…can you explain a little more what the email said?
"We are currently looking at our waitlist for interview applicants for the 2022 interview cycle. Our office would like to inquire whether or not you want to continue to be considered for an interview with the WVU School of Medicine MD Program. Please complete the following form to let us know whether or not you'd like to remove your name from our interview waitlist and close your application. There is no need to email us after you have completed the form. We will receive your response immediately."

"We are currently looking at our waitlist for interview applicants for the 2022 interview cycle. Our office would like to inquire whether or not you want to continue to be considered for an interview with the WVU School of Medicine MD Program. Please complete the following form to let us know whether or not you'd like to remove your name from our interview waitlist and close your application. There is no need to email us after you have completed the form. We will receive your response immediately."
Odd…this seems like something that would get sent to everyone on the waitlist, at the very least to reduce their own workload by automatically reducing the waitlist.

Odd…this seems like something that would get sent to everyone on the waitlist, at the very least to reduce their own workload by automatically reducing the waitlist.
yea my initial thought also. The only thing that made sense to me is if the waitlist is ranked by priority like last year and they only sent to a certain section of the ranked? (I dont know if that made sense lol). Anyways, I wouldn't think too much into it

did you send an update recently? Maybe they didnt send you one because of that?

I sent an update but not recently. Probably at least a month and a half ago
perhaps they assumed the update letter meant you wanted to stay on the WL, so they didnt see the need to ask. Assuming you sent the update letter AFTER being WLed

Got my first II, scheduled for 1/20! Extremely excited as this is my top choice.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II today-OOS/no ties. Complete in August. Interview WL in August, and received the WL inquiry email at the end of December.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also got a II, OOS no ties but pretty good mission fit.

• Love
The dates available were middle to end of February

Any advice for the interview? Was it high-stress or more conversational?

Just got an II from the waitlist lol
Complete 10/9

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Any advice for the interview? Was it high-stress or more conversational?
The MD interview is definitely conversational. Just be sure to know ALL of your application and have good answers for any weak points. They’re very friendly. Biographies of your interviewers are provided about a few days prior to your interview.

EDIT: a previous version stated biographies are sent two weeks prior to interview. I checked my email again and it was actually a few days. Sorry!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Yes. OOS and no ties. Makes sense since WVU’s mission is highly region focused.
hey, that just means you were good enough to Accept! Just not closely tied enough to accept lol. But you probs killed the interview dude!

Just received an R after being on a pre-II waitlist since mid-August. I'm so done with this cycle.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just received an R after being on a pre-II waitlist since mid-August. I'm so done with this cycle.
That’s wild I thought your app stayed active till March on the waitlist, now I’m worried :/

That’s wild I thought your app stayed active till March on the waitlist, now I’m worried :/
I think they’re talking about the hold you get prior to getting an interview invite

Fingers crossed last week interviews hear back today 🤞🏼🤞🏼