2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear, did you have a high mcat? They got back to you pretty soon
My MCAT was 510, and I was kind of surprised how fast they replied. TBH, I think that maybe they didn't agree with some of the things I said in the secondary but it's okay

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wanted to add for informational purposes that I was rejected about 2 weeks ago. It was an “it’s not you, it’s the applicant pool” lol. Lizzy M 70-75. IS. Definitely wasn’t a top choice for me, but there goes another missed chance at a CA school.

Reactions: 1 user
got a II here sometimes in the last two weeks! still in shock by it, MCAT 518-520 but GPA is a hot mess. really quick turn around too which i appreciate, heard back less than 3 weeks after sending secondary in.

Reactions: 3 users
got a II here sometimes in the last two weeks! still in shock by it, MCAT 518-520 but GPA is a hot mess. really quick turn around too which i appreciate, heard back less than 3 weeks after sending secondary in.
How bad of a hot mess?

(Mine is just over 3.4)

Last edited:
I'm in same boat :) love this school and hoping so hard my gpa doesn't hold me back from an acceptance post interview. Best of luck!!!

How bad of a hot mess?

(Mine is just over 3.4)
below 3.3, did grad school after and did well there, not going to go too much into detail. trying to maintain as much anonymity as i can until post-acceptance anywhere.

below 3.3, did grad school after and did well there, not going to go too much into detail. trying to maintain as much anonymity as i can until post-acceptance anywhere.

Thanks! You give me hope :)

Rejected pre-II today. Complete around 08/20.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope this isn't the start of the second rejection bloodbath.

Anybody complete early July still not hear anything?

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody complete early July still not hear anything?
We're all in this together
Cpi0PrUWAAAao0U.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone looked at last year's thread to see if surviving bloodbaths means something eventually or if you just get cut later in the process?

Has anyone looked at last year's thread to see if surviving bloodbaths means something eventually or if you just get cut later in the process?
I checked it out and it was a mix of both, a lot of disappointment after waiting for months lol

Reactions: 6 users
Question for current students: Where do most M1s/M2s live? In the new residential building on campus? Downtown? Elsewhere? What about as M3/M4?

Question for current students: Where do most M1s/M2s live? In the new residential building on campus? Downtown? Elsewhere? What about as M3/M4?

I’d also like to know about housing for married couples. With four cats. Asking for a friend.;)

Reactions: 1 users
Keck, we've been playing this game for far too long. You know I want you. I think you want me, too. Now while you haven't extended me with an II yet, you also haven't rejected me. Let's drop the facade and get this rendezvous underway already. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Im reviving this from last year. I totally feel you @GrumpyGus

Reactions: 2 users

Not a current student, but I did ask this during my interview. From my understanding most M1s/M2s live in the new residential building, Currie Hall. Other than that the most popular locations to live were Alhambra, Pasadena, Cypress Park, Echo Park. I was told that some students did live farther away (i.e Venice, Santa Monica), but that is a pretty horrible commute lol...

Not a current student, but I did ask this during my interview. From my understanding most M1s/M2s live in the new residential building, Currie Hall. Other than that the most popular locations to live were Alhambra, Pasadena, Cypress Park, Echo Park. I was told that some students did live farther away (i.e Venice, Santa Monica), but that is a pretty horrible commute lol...

A lot of people live on the westside like Santa Monica because it is much nicer. There's a metro train that takes you from SM to USC University Park Campus (the main one) in about 30 minutes then you can take the intercampus bus which is ~15-20 min. Overall it is a little less than an hour long but pretty cheap.

Current student here! Almost half of M2s live in Currie and just around a quarter/third of M1s live there (mostly coz the M2s took up a lot of spaces lol). I know a lot of people that live in Pasadena, South Pasadena, Alhambra, Monterey Park, echo park and Silver lake which are all a 10-20 min drive depending on traffic. I also know a few living downtown and a bunch live in City View Terrace which is a mile from the school. Then as mentioned before, a few live in the west side which is far but doable if you’re content with coming in only for mandatory sessions.

I checked it out and it was a mix of both, a lot of disappointment after waiting for months lol

Looks like there were two huge rejection waves in December and January last year. The remaining people who applied July/August were rejected with only a handful receiving late interviews.

Rejected today. Complete 7/19.

PM me. I expressed interest and already had my interview.

Rejected 10/5. :( Complete 7/14. LM 67-69 (low MCAT compared to average) reapp IS non-urm. Best of luck to everyone still waiting or interviewing! It really does look to be a dream school.

Will Keck notify interviewers of decisions on October 16?

Will Keck notify interviewers of decisions on October 16?

I don't remember the exact date, but I think they said they would begin to notify during that week.

I don't remember the exact date, but I think they said they would begin to notify during that week.
If I remember right, the Dean said Tuesday October 17th. Didn't write it down or anything though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Hau5MD's post seems to indicate that the bloodbath is about to begin for us average stats applicants.

Does USC go by completion date or are screeners working through their MCAT score pile? It looks like the recent rejections are near my completion date in mid-late July, but I'm not sure if that is significant.

Does USC go by completion date or are screeners working through their MCAT score pile? It looks like the recent rejections are near my completion date in mid-late July, but I'm not sure if that is significant.
If I am not mistaken, both. I think they work in MCAT piles, but each pile is arranged in completion date order.

If I am not mistaken, both. I think they work in MCAT piles, but each pile is arranged in completion date order.
That’s what I read based off last years thread. Each screener reads all the applications for a specific mcat score, sorted by completion date.

That’s what I read based off last years thread. Each screener reads all the applications for a specific mcat score, sorted by completion date.

Weird that people with way later completion dates than me but with the same MCAT have gotten rejected already, while I'm still sitting here in silence :eek:. Maybe they are also stratifying by state residency? Who knows

Weird that people with way later completion dates than me but with the same MCAT have gotten rejected already, while I'm still sitting here in silence :eek:. Maybe they are also stratifying by state residency? Who knows
They are probably just speechless from your awesome application

Cant be 100% true. I have a 511 and was complete the very day it was sent to me. Someone complete like last month with a 511 just got rejected