2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Their website states that interview invitations will be sent through February 2018.

edited to add key formatting

Also guys... someone complete 7/11 got an interview today. They're not necessarily going in exact order of completion. Last time they sent out IIs there were a TON reported here, so sit tight. It's enough to have survived that first gigantic wave of rejections.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
RIP. This app cycle is not going well for me at all...
Same, if only I could take back all the wasted time, money and anxiety over the last 3 years that I put into this application.

Same, if only I could take back all the wasted time, money and anxiety over the last 3 years that I put into this application.

Your stats are ridiculous... can't believe you haven't heard back yet. When were you complete?

Brb gonna go watch Scrubs with a tub of Ben & Jerry's and cry myself to sleep.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow fk... even USC has interviews almost all booked? this cycle is not going well for me..

Reactions: 1 user
Their website states that interview invitations will be sent through February 2018.

edited to add key formatting

Also guys... someone complete 7/11 got an interview today. They're not necessarily going in exact order of completion. Last time they sent out IIs there were a TON reported here, so sit tight. It's enough to have survived that first gigantic wave of rejections.

Also, they had a second wave of rejections in mid October last year.

Your stats are ridiculous... can't believe you haven't heard back yet. When were you complete?
Complete at around 30 schools between July 20 and August 8. Sent in the last few a bit later. I used to get excited to wake up and check my email but I don't even bother anymore.

Reactions: 5 users
Complete at around 30 schools between July 20 and August 8. Sent in the last few a bit later. I used to get excited to wake up and check my email but I don't even bother anymore.
Summed up feelings exactly! I know it's not much consolation, but at least we're not in this alone.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah it was exciting waking up to new secondaries daily (even though we all know they don't really mean anything).

damn yo killer stats, I'm sure you'll be fine bruv. Im in the exact same position (II's at state schools only rn) - I submitted in the exact same time slot as you. This process is a long one and will surely pay off for you.
Thanks, it means a lot.

Just received a II!! Submitted on 9/13

Reactions: 9 users
At this point, I'm just hoping that my designated reviewer hasn't reached my app yet. Better than a rejection that's for sure.

USC seems to be the west coast version of NYU based on the increasing MCAT average of acceptees.

interviewed here recently and it was awesome. for any future interviewers, don't worry about it! let me know if you have any questions.

II received 9/11, complete 8/14! Did anyone have luck with reaching out to student hosts?

Anyone with 515 heard anything yet? I've been complete since 8/7 with nothing still which I know is only like 6 weeks but still

Anyone with 515 heard anything yet? I've been complete since 8/7 with nothing still which I know is only like 6 weeks but still
515 checking in. Complete 7/24 and have heard nothing yet. But hey, no news may be good news.

Hey, does anyone else's rejection say "consult with a pre-health adviser at your undergraduate or current school."
Or is it just me....

OOS here, Secondary complete 8/16, Rejected 8/31
MCAT 518, GPA 3.64
Oh well :unsure:

Question -- Does anyone know the last interview date for Keck? (or for most schools in general). Do schools interview past march and into april?

Question -- Does anyone know the last interview date for Keck? (or for most schools in general). Do schools interview past march and into april?
some schools go into april, i don't feel like doing the leg work for USC, but start by checking their admissions page and last years SDN thread to see when people last reported having interview dates

Did anyone who already interviewed stay with a student host? Would you recommend it? If not, are there any affordable/safe hotel recommendations in the area?

Rejected by email 9/28, complete 9/11
F, ORM, IS, LM 67.1

WTF is going on here? People with 515+ are being rejected left and right without warning. Then there's me, 510 MCAT, OOS, ORM... and nothing. Just reject me already and end my suffering, USC :(

WTF is going on here? People with 515+ are being rejected left and right without warning. Then there's me, 510 MCAT, OOS, ORM... and nothing. Just reject me already and end my suffering, USC :(

Look at last year's thread. They go through all the high stats people first. Medium stats people started getting rejected in a large wave around Mid October.