2017-2018 University of California - Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends,

For anyone that has interview, can anyone provide insight into the interview format for the MMI. how many minutes per station, number of stations, etc. Thanks so much!

Hi friends,

For anyone that has interview, can anyone provide insight into the interview format for the MMI. how many minutes per station, number of stations, etc. Thanks so much!
8-10 stations 10 minutes each (2 min to read prompt, 8 with interviewer). UCR faculty does an excellent job explaining the process beforehand to make you feel comfortable.

Reactions: 1 users
On my secondary app there's a section for "Interview" with a lock next to it and "Not scheduled yet" written next to that. Does this show up for anyone else? I looked under communication status and I didn't receive an interview invite by email.

On my secondary app there's a section for "Interview" with a lock next to it and "Not scheduled yet" written next to that. Does this show up for anyone else? I looked under communication status and I didn't receive an interview invite by email.
Everybody has that. It doesn't mean anything unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user

Everyone with a secondary gets that. It means nothing :(

Any movement for UCR grads/Haider applicants? Completed 9/11...I know its early, but the wait is killing me.

Anyone know when we should expect UCR to start sending out decisions for the September interviews?

Any movement for UCR grads/Haider applicants? Completed 9/11...I know its early, but the wait is killing me.
lol you've only been complete for a month. It's definitely too early to be concerned. I was complete 3 months ago and drowning in silence :/

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting on some love from this school.... Secondary complete 7/13 :(

There were a good number of UCR grads at my interview.
When was your interview? I did get my secondary a bit late, but I sent it in 5 days after receiving it. I'm also hearing from multiple people that the wait can be longer for UCR grads, but maybe they are doing it differently now and I'm just not getting any love :rofl:

lol you've only been complete for a month. It's definitely too early to be concerned. I was complete 3 months ago and drowning in silence :/
Are you a UCR grad/have connections to IE? Fml i'm going to go insane lol

When was your interview? I did get my secondary a bit late, but I sent it in 5 days after receiving it. I'm also hearing from multiple people that the wait can be longer for UCR grads, but maybe they are doing it differently now and I'm just not getting any love :rofl:
Honestly, don't stress about it (I know it's easier said than done!!) Historically, the haider applicants get II relatively later in the cycle compared to other applicants. In my class, most Haider applicants, including myself, were interviewed in December-January-February. :)

One of the first interview days. Interviews only started about a month ago. Most people don't hear back from a school until months after being complete. It's a long process.

Are you a UCR grad/have connections to IE? Fml i'm going to go insane lol
I'm not a UCR grad. I'm from NorCal but have weak ties to IE and non-traditional. I can relate to the about "to go insane" feeling. The process really really sucks, indeed. Like why can't schools just let you know if you have no chance upfront or at least let you know that you are put on hold if they consider you a borderline candidate. Instead they leave you in this ****ty purgatory state indefinitely.

Honestly, don't stress about it (I know it's easier said than done!!) Historically, the haider applicants get II relatively later in the cycle compared to other applicants. In my class, most Haider applicants, including myself, were interviewed in December-January-February. :)
thank you!! :love: honestly means alot

AACCEEPTED UCR AT 5:20 AM TODAY. CALLING MY MOM AND DAD

Edit: THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING MY EMOTIONAL SUPPORT. I took 5 years to go from a 2.7 to a 3.8 gpa having failed a class and also a W. I can't believe it

Reactions: 17 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Looks like I'm going to be a doctor after all!!!! BRB I'm crying all day.

Reactions: 7 users

Edit: THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING MY EMOTIONAL SUPPORT. I took 5 years to go from a 2.7 to a 3.8 gpa having failed a class and also a W. I can't believe it

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Looks like I'm going to be a doctor after all!!!! BRB I'm crying all day.

Congrats!! When did you interview??

Holy smokes that's amazing! Congrats!

Submitted primary yesterday, just received secondary today. how important are ties to the area? I am IS but no experience or ties to Riverside/IE

Last edited:
Submitted primary yesterday, just received secondary today. how important are ties to the area? I am IS but no experience or ties to Riverside/IE
Extremely important. Their entire mission is region-specific.

II half an hour ago! Complete early August.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone who interviewed in September hear back yet? Bracing myself for an R but haven't heard a peep this past week...

Anyone who interviewed in September hear back yet? Bracing myself for an R but haven't heard a peep this past week...

A couple of us September interviewees heard back on Oct 16th (just in case you missed that part of the thread) :)

But in our interview it sounded like their were no actual rejections. Everyone was just on the waitlist if they weren't outright accepted and could be picked up at any time!

The dean said that of the 12 interviewees, 4 would probably hear back about an acceptance and the rest will have to wait and they will keep revisiting your app and comparing it to the applicant pool

The dean said that of the 12 interviewees, 4 would probably hear back about an acceptance and the rest will have to wait and they will keep revisiting your app and comparing it to the applicant pool

Thanks. Guess this means back to the applicant pool for me... :/

Hey guys, I’m a student at UCR and just want to encourage you to apply even if you’re not sure you fit the mission - I’m from Southern California but have no ties to the IE, I’m not an underrepresented minority, and while my extracurriculars favored volunteering over other things, I by no means had an exceptional volunteer record. My stats are average for UCR applicants. So yeah I was surprised by my interview invitation and even more surprised when I was accepted. I almost didn’t apply here and now I’m here and love it. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
when are they offering interviews right now?

Accepted this morning! I'm surprised because my app doesn't align with the school's mission but I did grow up in the IE

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
For everyone that got secondaries, what are your stats?
For everyone that got secondaries, what are your stats?

I am a UCR graduate (3.77 GPA at UCR / 2.8 GPA at Community College *huge upward trend), 508 MCAT, volunteered over 330 hours at Riverside Community Hospital as a Cope Health Scholar, still volunteer with a hospice company (I visit patients several times a month) and I work in a hospital as a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist.

I also grew up in IE and am currently learning Spanish.
Hope this helps!

Would anyone be able to offer any insight with regards to how often UCR sends out decisions? Trying to gauge when the earliest I could find out by would be. Interviewed mid Oct and LOVE LOVE LOVED the school!!!

Typically how long does it take from Secondary to Status Update (II or Rejection) for them to get back to you? Oh the wait is agonizing

Hello everyone! I will post Dates when secondary was received and submitted/Interview date/ and hopefully ACCEPTANCE!!!

I can tell you that the school is amazing, and everyone is very nice there. I did not go to UCR, but I lived in IE. They are looking for people that want to stay in IE... You must know their mission, and if you do not fit that mission I don't think they will accept you. There is a myth that you have to be a family physician if you go to UCR, but you don't. They are looking for people that want to serve in IE and interested family medicine, internal medicine, general pediatrics, general surgery, psychiatry, and/or general obstetrics and gynecology.
Interview day was awesome!! it was very relaxing, and they really took care of us. The food/snacks/accommodations were great. Also the medical students that we got to meet were MS1, and they seemed very happy to be a part of the school.
Here are some numbers that Dr. Schiller, Senior Associate Dean, Student Affairs, said that they will send out acceptance about 44% of the people that they interview. So if you get an interview you have good odds to get into the school. (I have not heard back yet, so I am still nervous tho). I think I also heard him say that if you get an interview, they you are a part of the 4% that they choose (264 interviewees). They have 11 interview dates, and each day has an A/B groups. Each group is made up of 12 people, and they will accept about 3 from each group...... The total number of the class of 2021 will be 70 (so it will be bigger than class of 2020.)

OK, good luck to everyone, and I hope that I will meet some of you while attending UCRSM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone! I will post my MCAT/GPA/Dates when secondary was received and submitted/Interview date/ and hopefully ACCEPTANCE!!!

I can tell you that the school is amazing, and everyone is very nice there. I did not go to UCR, but I lived in IE. They are looking for people that want to stay in IE... You must know their mission, and if you do not fit that mission I don't think they will accept you. There is a myth that you have to be a family physician if you go to UCR, but you don't. They are looking for people that want to serve in IE and interested family medicine, internal medicine, general pediatrics, general surgery, psychiatry, and/or general obstetrics and gynecology.
Interview day was awesome!! it was very relaxing, and they really took care of us. The food/snacks/accommodations were great. Also the medical students that we got to meet were MS1, and they seemed very happy to be a part of the school.
Here are some numbers that Dr. Schiller, Senior Associate Dean, Student Affairs, said that they will send out acceptance about 44% of the people that they interview. So if you get an interview you have good odds to get into the school. (I have not heard back yet, so I am still nervous tho). I think I also heard him say that if you get an interview, they you are a part of the 4% that they choose (264 interviewees). They have 11 interview dates, and each day has an A/B groups. Each group is made up of 12 people, and they will accept about 3 from each group...... The total number of the class of 2021 will be 70 (so it will be bigger than class of 2020.)

OK, good luck to everyone, and I hope that I will meet some of you while attending UCRSM! Again I will post my numbers once I get an acceptance :)
I mean yeah there's no specific focus on family medicine, but there is still heavy emphasis on primary care.

Maaaan, the things I would do to just get an II here :( Drive pass by it so often... what a dream it'd be.