2021-2022 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Update: I called the admissions office and told them I was on hold for an II. She was really nice and said that the class isn't full yet and that they are still sending out interview invites. They should wrap up interview season mid-March.
did she say how full the class was?

Members don't see this ad.

Update: I called the admissions office and told them I was on hold for an II. She was really nice and said that the class isn't full yet and that they are still sending out interview invites. They should wrap up interview season mid-March.
Mid-march? Not end of March? That means the class is closer to full relatively speaking. Their timeline interviews through March... If it's now moved up to Mid-March

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mid-march? Not end of March? That means the class is closer to full relatively speaking. Their timeline interviews through March... If it's now moved up to Mid-March
Worst case their class is "Full"- Lets break it down. The commit to enroll date is still months away so a good amounts of these people accept will commit somewhere else. Lets recall that UCR only accepts In state students and these Instate students usually rank UCR as their last choice. Many will choose UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCI UCSF over UCR for sure so that leaves more room for us. Plus even considering private schools like USC, Kaiser, Stanford etc, people will school choose those over UCR so theres still room for people. BIG PATTERN - Because these interviews are on zoom, people aren't rejecting their interviews like in the past. So even if that UCSF accepted student has no interest in UCR, they will still show up to the interview regardless and take up "acceptance space" which they will later let go for other schools. Theres hope for lots of people.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I withdrew my application today post-interview. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I wish more people on this forum were active 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Worst case their class is "Full"- Lets break it down. The commit to enroll date is still months away so a good amounts of these people accept will commit somewhere else. Lets recall that UCR only accepts In state students and these Instate students usually rank UCR as their last choice. Many will choose UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCI UCSF over UCR for sure so that leaves more room for us. Plus even considering private schools like USC, Kaiser, Stanford etc, people will school choose those over UCR so theres still room for people. BIG PATTERN - Because these interviews are on zoom, people aren't rejecting their interviews like in the past. So even if that UCSF accepted student has no interest in UCR, they will still show up to the interview regardless and take up "acceptance space" which they will later let go for other schools. Theres hope for lots of people.
Admissions just told me UCR done interviews middle March

II on Thursday. I hadn’t heard anything since I finished my secondaries back in September, I thought for sure it would turn into a silent R. Any interview prep recommendations?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II on Thursday. I hadn’t heard anything since I finished my secondaries back in September, I thought for sure it would turn into a silent R. Any interview prep recommendations?
CONGRATS! were you on hold prior to interview?
also mind sharing stats?

I was not a hold prior to the II and PM me for stats.

II invite this morning! I also thought I was a silent R.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes very weird! Email came in at 6:45 this morning.
What interview dates were available? So other applicants can know if you pretty much got the final invitation since UCR is almost completely done with IIs

What interview dates were available? So other applicants can know if you pretty much got the final invitation since UCR is almost completely done with IIs
They only had March 1st 5:30 to 8:30 available.

Has anyone had movement since the "on hold" email that UCR sent out a few weeks ago?

• Inappropriate
Has anyone had movement since the "on hold" email that UCR sent out a few weeks ago?
I did some digging and it looks like they didn’t do the pre II hold last year, but the year before they did and all the late interview invites were people that had not received the “on hold” email. Which means that I, being someone who received the hold email, will probably not be getting an II from UCR. Still holding on to a little bit of hope though!

I did some digging and it looks like they didn’t do the pre II hold last year, but the year before they did and all the late interview invites were people that had not received the “on hold” email. Which means that I, being someone who received the hold email, will probably not be getting an II from UCR. Still holding on to a little bit of hope though!
I saw that the two II that were reported on here for last week were those that didn't get the hold email so seems like hold = silence R perhaps. But yea maybe a little bit of hope <3

I saw that the two II that were reported on here for last week were those that didn't get the hold email so seems like hold = silence R perhaps. But yea maybe a little bit of hope <3
I think there were people who were on hold that got IIs (a couple days after pre-II holds were sent out). And there were also people who didn't receive holds that got pre-II Rs. So who knows???

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just give out R’s instead of the holds.

I’m going to give up my interview spot. Hope one of you get it!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my acceptance today however, want to wish you all good luck!!! Hoping you hear good news soon!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
anyone know when the next set of As is gonna come. It seems like theyre just holding off til the end of march but damn

Is the class almost full? (Interviewed in November, but haven’t heard anything :( )

Is the class almost full? (Interviewed in November, but haven’t heard anything :( )
same but i doubt it, based on last years thread it looks like they send a few acceptances for each interview batch then a bunch of As and WLs after interview szn

So if we were placed on hold then should we just expect an R soon?

• Hmm
Has anyone had complete silence since submitting their secondary still? :( ( No II, no pre II hold, no R)

Has anyone had complete silence since submitting their secondary still? :( ( No II, no pre II hold, no R)
Yup, look at my post above, I hadn't heard anything since secondaries in Sept, until a couple of weeks ago I received an II.

I recently made an account because I have seen a lot of people saying the class is full. To let those of you still hopeful know, the class is not even halfway full yet. (source: a close friend is accepted and is on the Facebook for those granted acceptances, those accepted get invited shortly after)

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
I recently made an account because I have seen a lot of people saying the class is full. To let those of you still hopeful know, the class is not even halfway full yet. (source: a close friend is accepted and is on the Facebook for those granted acceptances, those accepted get invited shortly after)
you are a kind soul!

hey hey everyone! I would appreciate some guidance - for those who sent a letter of intent, did you address it to Dr. Cooper or the admissions committee? Thank you!

I also feel like they are slow to get acceptances this because they don't want to over accept like this year. They made a point to say that their goal class size is 80 and that's last year's class ended up being 86. And I guess 6 people is a lot to them so their probably just holding out to avoid this again and monitoring the amount of people that are planning to enroll/committing to enroll through CYMS before accepting more students

I thought someone said the only available interview date on their II was March 1?
They only open up a limited number of date/time slots as they offer interviews, or at least that's how it appears. When I was given an II, there was no slots available and I was told to standby as they made more slots available and then once they did, only one slot for date/time was visible. I say all that to say, don't take that date (March 1) as authoritative for the last interview date.

hey hey everyone! I would appreciate some guidance - for those who sent a letter of intent, did you address it to Dr. Cooper or the admissions committee? Thank you!
For all correspondences I addressed the general admission committee. For ex: Dear Admissions Committee at the UCR School of Medicine,

Hi guys! I got an II on January 20th, the only date they had for me was the 29th. It went well but I haven't heard back yet about any A/R/WL. I was wondering has anyone received any acceptances recently in the past couple of weeks? A friend of mine interviewed Jan 13th and received an acceptance on Feb 4th so about 3 weeks. It has been a month and 2 weeks so It looks like I wont hear anything until after interview szn possibly plan to enroll szn.

Hi guys! I got an II on January 20th, the only date they had for me was the 29th. It went well but I haven't heard back yet about any A/R/WL. I was wondering has anyone received any acceptances recently in the past couple of weeks? A friend of mine interviewed Jan 13th and received an acceptance on Feb 4th so about 3 weeks. It has been a month and 2 weeks so It looks like I wont hear anything until after interview szn possibly plan to enroll szn.
Also side note I think per II batch, they only offer one interview date and cram the whole batch on that date considering the fact that they only give you 48 hours to respond to the interview email.

Also side note I think per II batch, they only offer one interview date and cram the whole batch on that date considering the fact that they only give you 48 hours to respond to the interview email.
any idea if more II are left?

Yeah that’s most of our situations here. I think only a select few applicants get accepted within 3 weeks and the rest are sorta ghosted til after March

Yeah that’s most of our situations here. I think only a select few applicants get accepted within 3 weeks and the rest are sorta ghosted til after March
They're supposed to have extended the same number of offers as there are spots by today, do you think thats the case with UCR?