2017-2018 University of California - Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
finally rejected, pre-II. inevitable since the last interview was 3/10

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody have the 2017 Match List?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody have the 2017 Match List?

Pretty sure the actual match list is not available. I know these ones for sure:

U Mass - SUrgery
UC Davis - PM&R
UCSD - IM
Desert Regional Palm Springs - FM
Baylor - OBGYN
UCR/RCH - Emergency Medicine
Marian Regional Medical Center - FM
Kaiser Fontana - FM
UC Davis - IM

Raw Numbers

10- IM
5- OBGYN
4 - Psych
4 - FM
4- Gen Surg
3- EM
2- Peds
2- PM&R
2- Rads
1- Neuro
1- Ortho
1- Psych/FM

Lol same. But I wonder if it was just a silent rejection given that the last interview date was supposedly 3/10? From SoCal.
Ya but it’s weird Because if they sent out projections and they should be sending them out to everyone. I really feel like they didn’t even look at us.

Any new acceptances yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Welp, I have totally given up on UCR at this point. II in October. Goodbye west coast :(

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone get their financial aid package yet?

Small side note but just noticed that in its short lifespan UCR went from unranked to #93 on USWNR. Of course, rankings are shaky at best but it's a welcoming indicatior of UCR's progress in the past 5 years.

Do you guys know how I can update them about grades? I'm currently taking a spanish class at a CC and I'm not sure if I am to let them know.

Does anyone know where we can find the 2018 match list?

Last year's graduation video is on YouTube and it lists where people matched.

Is it likely they'll be extending more acceptances now that we are approaching the April 30th deadline?

Is it likely they'll be extending more acceptances now that we are approaching the April 30th deadline?

at my interview (which was one of the later ones), we were told that our decisions would most likely happen after the April 30th deadline. so hopefully there are some early ones this week... but maybe most of them will be after Monday?

any movement in the waitlist?
Accepted earlier this afternoon. Assuming off the waitlist since I did not hear back after my interview and it was specifically stated during interview day that if you do not hear back within roughly two weeks you are waitlisted and they do not reject applicants after interviewing.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted earlier this afternoon. Assuming off the waitlist since I did not hear back after my interview and it was specifically stated during interview day that if you do not hear back within roughly two weeks you are waitlisted and they do not reject applicants after interviewing.
Congrats!! May I ask if you are a UCR alumni?

may i ask if it was via email or phone call? and congrats!

Accepted today via email!!!! Interviewed March 10 :) Also assuming that I was accepted off the waitlist because they said that we should hear 2.5 weeks after our interview.

Email heading: "UCR School of Medicine Acceptance."
Did not submit a letter of interest for those who may be wondering.

Reactions: 4 users
congrats! when did you interview?

Withdrawing from this amazing school, hope it goes to one of you fellas here :)

Accepted Friday morning as well!! Probably off the waitlist since I interviewed 2/24

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! Ohhh my gosh I am in shock. I interviewed 7 months ago, lost any and all hope, and was accepted this morning. DON'T LOSE HOPE!:banana:

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! Ohhh my gosh I am in shock. I interviewed 7 months ago, lost any and all hope, and was accepted this morning. DON'T LOSE HOPE!:banana:
Congratulations! I interviewed the very first day and still have not heard back, so I am really hoping my time is coming soon. It's encouraging to hear that someone who interviewed so long ago got in!

Has anyone received info regarding financial aid or matriculation paperwork yet?

Anyone else get an email about their conditional acceptance program?

Same :( I have been on their waitlist hoping to get an offer but at this point seems like it isn't gonna happen.

I wish they were a bit more transparent about movement or how the class is looking...
On MSAR, it says there's about 150 on the WL and only about 20 make it off... and that there's some ranking on it ... Have you tried calling their office?

yeah but unfortunately haven't heard back yet

Does anyone know when they'll send us our official denial letters? I doubt they're still pulling from the waitlist and if they are it's maybe 1-2 people...and they just keep stringing us along....