2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IDK, I called today and asked about the no waitlist update and no rejection people. They told me it could have been a glitch in the communication, in that something was supposed to be sent but was not. I tried to be polite to the person who picked up the phone. I'm not sure if they have the same information as someone like Dr.Cooper. I could believe it was a silent rejection because they did manage to give everyone the under-consideration email. I could also believe that everyone was sent straight to the waitlist due to them running behind. I believe this might have been the case because they did not have the waitlist ready by April. My impression from calling this time and another time due to something personal is that they are still ironing out how to proceed for the last acceptances. We have been getting different answers when calling. They told me to call next week about the no-waitlist update. I don't feel like giving them a hard time or anything. I'll check out personally from this application until then and finish my lunch.
Please please check in for us since they’ll hopefully remember talking to you and let you know. I really really hope this was a legit glitch tbh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll definitely do that because there are too many of us in that limbo situation at this time point. I'll call early next week at the same time, and message afterwards on SDN. Good luck with the wait for everyone.
I also emailed earlier today asking for an update since I’m in limbo so I’ll also advise if they respond!

However, I also saw that UCRSOM’s commencement is scheduled for June 2nd and it’s a holiday weekend so I’m really hoping we hear back some news next week about it and that they don’t delay it even longer due to being busy with graduation 🥲

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I also emailed earlier today asking for an update since I’m in limbo so I’ll also advise if they respond!

However, I also saw that UCRSOM’s commencement is scheduled for June 2nd so I’m really hoping we hear back some news next week about it and that they don’t delay it even longer due to being busy with graduation 🥲
For those following, I was told that even if we haven’t heard about being waitlisted that we are still being considered for future enrollment. And that admission decisions are made on a rolling basis until they fill the class or the first day of matriculation which historically is in July or August.

Still feels like a silent rejection if we haven’t been waitlisted but who knows at this point 🫠

Members don't see this ad :)
For those following, I was told that even if we haven’t heard about being waitlisted that we are still being considered for future enrollment. And that admission decisions are made on a rolling basis until they fill the class or the first day of matriculation which historically is in July or August.

Still feels like a silent rejection if we haven’t been waitlisted but who knows at this point 🫠
If true, some from the limbo situation should get the A. We’ll see.. UCR has never done something like this so I am leaning to everyone being waitlisted, destined for A’s and a large majority silent R’s.

Reactions: 1 users
They just created a FB group last Saturday for class of 2027 (I searched it up every week 😅). And the total number of members are 72, and I suppose this must include upperclassmen.

Screenshot_20230526_131348_Facebook.jpg

Edit: could anyone who was accepted and in the group confirm or gauge the number of incoming students at this moment? 🙏

They just created a FB group last Saturday for class of 2027 (I searched it up every week 😅). And the total number of members are 72, and I suppose this must include upperclassmen.

View attachment 372247
Edit: could anyone who was accepted and in the group confirm or gauge the number of incoming students at this moment? 🙏
does anyone know the expected class size? didn't they increase the class size this year compared to previous years right?

does anyone know the expected class size? didn't they increase the class size this year compared to previous years right?

The expected class size will be the same as last years. The dean said at open house that the increase in class size will not take place until next cycle

The expected class size will be the same as last years. The dean said at open house that the increase in class size will not take place until next cycle
On MSAR, it says their "estimated number of new entrants" for last year was 80.

Screenshot_20230526_143311_Edge.jpg

And it also stated they interviewed total of 144 applicants. But their "typical number of waitlist positions per cycle is 150" 🤷. So I'm guessing they must have waitlisted everyone without an A post-II last year.

Screenshot_20230526_143400_Edge.jpg

Edit: these numbers are from last cycle!

Last edited:
On the updated MSAR for this cycle, it says their "estimated number of new entrants" for this year is 80.
View attachment 372249
And it also stated they interviewed total of 144 applicants. But their "typical number of waitlist positions per cycle is 150" . So I'm guessing they must have waitlisted everyone without an A post-II.
View attachment 372250

These stats are not from the 2022-2023 cycle, they are from the 2021-2022 cycle. Those numbers have been there since this cycle started. I remember because I checked every school that I applied to.

it seems like they are accepting a couple people each week, but i’m not sure why movement is so slow, maybe they are waiting to see if those newly accepted people commit? even going by what MSAR says, that on average 45 people get off the waitlist, what’s the holdup? where’s all that movement?

• Hmm
These stats are not from the 2022-2023 cycle, they are from the 2021-2022 cycle. Those numbers have been there since this cycle started. I remember because I checked every school that I applied to.
Sorry my bad, you are absolutely right! I was thinking they shouldn't update their page while they're still accepting people off the waitlist, and not sending out R to all applicants yet. But then I saw the notice from AAMC saying the numbers were updated, so it's school dependent then ! Let me fix the post!

Anw, I also found the new statistics from their annual report of 2022 cycle (uploaded back in April of this year). And the number of matriculants does match that on MSAR 👌. BUT based on this, the actual number of intervewed applicants is 295, and 179 is the total of admission offers! So, I'm not sure what's going on with the 144 number on MSAR lol 😅?

Screenshot_20230526_153211_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Edit: here's the link to the report if anyone wants to read more about it

Last edited:
it seems like they are accepting a couple people each week, but i’m not sure why movement is so slow, maybe they are waiting to see if those newly accepted people commit? even going by what MSAR says, that on average 45 people get off the waitlist, what’s the holdup? where’s all that movement?

Yeah I’m so anxious because it’s either they tell me soon or keep putting off finding roommates at another school. But time is ticking and I feel like my life is on hold until this happens

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my CTE at my OOS school is 6/5. UCR has until then to let me off this limbo status

Don't feel like this school wants us that much. It is what is given that so many people want to go to medical school.
Since they operate on a rolling basis, the class should already be filled. However, if people decide to drop their UCR spot for another program then people from the waitlist are used to replace them. (This number probably varies from cycle to cycle)

Unfortunately we are at the point in the cycle where we are at the mercy of other students resigning their acceptances for new ones to be sent out ):

Last edited:
For anyone getting ready to reapply please be aware that UCR only lets you apply to their program a total of 3 times. So don’t rush to reapply if you don’t feel ready

Since they operate on a rolling basis, the class should already be filled. However, if people decide to drop their UCR spot for another program then people from the waitlist are used to replace them. (This number probably varies from cycle to cycle)

Unfortunately we are at the point in the cycle where we are at the mercy of other students resigning their acceptances for new ones to be sent out ):
Yes, I think that's true because their FB group just got increased to 83 members from 72 last week!

• Wow
according to last year's SDN thread, the latest a person got admissions off the waitlist was on May 27th. it might be different this year due to the delay in WLs so potentially one more wave early june, maybe this week/next week?

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone still with no waitlist email or no rejection, did you call to ask what’s going on?

I called, and it seems like we are on the backup waitlist, but they would not give a straight answer. The people that did not get a waitlist email. I asked if there was a lot of movement through the normal WL. They said they could not tell how much movement is happening this year. I assume a lot less than last year, but who knows there might be more. They said everyone will eventually get the Rejection. Basically keeping people as placeholders, if someone else gives up their spot. I wish they'd been straight up with us since early May, so we could act accordingly. I would have focused on applying again if they were honest and I would have felt like I won the lottery if I got in this cycle.
So we’re a backup of a backup /: #rip

• Sad
I called, and it seems like we are on the backup waitlist, but they would not give a straight answer. The people that did not get a waitlist email. I asked if there was a lot of movement through the normal WL. They said they could not tell how much movement is happening this year. I assume a lot less than last year, but who knows there might be much more. They said if we do get rejected they will for sure let us know in July, it won't be a silent rejection, so there will be a mass email. I will focus on applying again and if a lot more of us still get it, it would be a good cause to over-celebrate.
Since the CTE date passed and we have yet to see movement, it seems this year less people let go of their UCR acceptances. Unless people drop they won’t fill in spots so it’s a waiting game at this point and who knows exactly when in July we will finally be rejected if not accepted or waitlisted 🥲

I'll be honest, I have a good feeling about this. I believe there is hope for some of us in the limbo situation. Sadly, when it comes to intuition, I tend to be very logical that I end up disregarding as coincidence/not believing it. @trix_r_4_coolkidz inspires me to believe my gut for once.

I want to say that there'll be news tomorrow today. Interestingly, the last time I felt this way was when waking to the day of the 1st wave of A's for the WL pool which was ironic haha. Nevertheless, I was happy to hear some of us got in. We're in this together, and sooner or later we'll be colleagues in this distinctive field.

People have told me to "manifest it." Let's give that a shot!

• Care
I'll be honest, I have a good feeling about this. I believe there is hope for some of us in the limbo situation. Sadly, when it comes to intuition, I tend to be very logical that I end up disregarding as coincidence/not believing it. @trix_r_4_coolkidz inspires me to believe my gut for once.

I want to say that there'll be news tomorrow today. Interestingly, the last time I felt this way was when waking to the day of the 1st wave of A's for the WL pool which was ironic haha. Nevertheless, I was happy to hear some of us got in. We're in this together, and sooner or later we'll be colleagues in this distinctive field.

People have told me to "manifest it." Let's give that a shot!
I like your mentality! I manifest As for all of us ✨

However we will probably hear back next week because they have commencement today

Back up of the backup like they really be making me feel so good about myself rn 💀😭

• Sad
i just wish they were more clear with us about how full the class is or if there will still be waitlist movement, i’m so tired of my life being on hold, it’s actually cruel how they are just stringing us along

i just wish they were more clear with us about how full the class is or if there will still be waitlist movement, i’m so tired of my life being on hold, it’s actually cruel how they are just stringing us along
I’m 100% with you 🥲

Hopefully we hear something by the end of the week. My anxiety is breaking records lol 🫨

Last edited:
the Admissions Manager responded to me, “Applications for the program have been carefully reviewed and the seats for the incoming class of 2027 have been filled. If we experience any movement in the class, we will reach out to applicants directly”

it looks like there won’t be any more movement, it’s so odd how different this cycle went compared to last cycle, i’m sorry to everyone still waiting, best of luck to you all 🫶

• Care
Got the official R 🥲

Thankful to have been interviewed though and good luck to the rest of you!! May we all succeed 🙂

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users