2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got a message from the message center after annoying them probably, and they send they will send out updates earlier this month. So looks like wave of rejections will come early Jan

Members don't see this ad.

does anybody know of any official revisit events or day for UC Davis? I know they do have the individual self-scheduled one but I'm interested in meeting my potential classmate through a bigger event. Wanted to ask here if anyone knows before I attempt to reach out to the admission office.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/8. Waitlisted today. What are my chances of being accepted from the waitlist?

Finally got the axe here after not receiving a secondary

Pre-secondary rejection today, silence since early Sept

I wonder when they will send the pre-interview rejections

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected pre-secondary today. IS, LM 75, complete middle of October.

UC Davis apparently used my app to wipe their asses with. Rejected pre secondary

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed this past Friday and it thought it went well! Loved the school. I know the turn around for an acceptance call is 2 weeks. I'll be at another interview the day Dr. Sousa will be making phone calls. Does anyone know if he makes phone calls all day or mostly in the AM or PM? If I get the call, I sure don't want to miss it but my other interview is at 3PM.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Interviewed this past Friday and it thought it went well! Loved the school. I know the turn around for an acceptance call is 2 weeks. I'll be at another interview the day Dr. Sousa will be making phone calls. Does anyone know if he makes phone calls all day or mostly in the AM or PM? If I get the call, I sure don't want to miss it but my other interview is at 3PM.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

why don't I have these kinds of problems

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone else in the same boat of absolute science? Complete July.

Reactions: 6 users
Just received a II!! The earliest date is early February but I thought I was for sure going to be rejected I am super excited

Reactions: 5 users
Just received a II!! The earliest date is early February but I thought I was for sure going to be rejected I am super excited

Congratulations!! I'm still holding out for Davis even though I think I'm probably rejected... When were you complete??

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!! I'm still holding out for Davis even though I think I'm probably rejected... When were you complete??

I was complete mid July, I am a resident of the Central Valley so I think that played a big part. It definitely isn’t over, this is actually my very first MD interview so schools really do offer interviews even as last as January / February.

Reactions: 5 users
I was complete mid July, I am a resident of the Central Valley so I think that played a big part. It definitely isn’t over, this is actually my very first MD interview so schools really do offer interviews even as last as January / February.
Congratulations, were you placed on an interview waitlist/screen hold before it?

Congratulations, were you placed on an interview waitlist/screen hold before it?

I was not, I went from being complete post secondary mid July with silence until the interview invite. Also, thank you I am really excited for even the opportunity and being given a chance.

Does anyone know what percent of students from the interview wait list actually get invited? Davis is my first choice and really hope I get in here.
UC Davis SOM love me like I love you! please don't break my heart.

Reactions: 1 user
rejected post-secondary, pre-II just now, complete mid July, Norcal resident, LM 66 and Non-trad, URM

Rejected pre-II just now.

Rejected pre II. had a lot of hope this cycle :(

Joining the rejection pile, pre-II, LM 66-71, complete early August, lifetime NorCal with nothing but ties. :-(

Reeeeeejeeeecttteedddd, pre-II, post-secondary. No ties to Cali at all! So I kinda expected this! Compete early September/late August

aaaaaannnnnd rejected pre-II as well. Strong ties to norcal, kinda bummed but good luck to everyone else!

Took the L. Closest school to my home, waited nice and long for this. No love for California residency out here.

rejected
no love from my hometown or my home state pretty much GOODBYEEE CALIII you drove me away and i lived here my whole life and had a damn nice application too
never would have seen this coming

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected pre-II. CA resident, strong ties to the area, LM ~71

R, OOS (some family ties to the area). Complete in August. 70 LizzyM

Last edited:
Rejection tonight as well. Complete 07/31. From Southern California

Based off previous acceptances, I just thought that maybe phone calls would be made on the Thursday before the 2 week mark. Staying hopeful though!

rejected from northern ca and went to Davis for undergrad. the alumni sting hurts a little but ive heard from some of the residents there (who I shadowed) that Davis med school doesn't prepare you well for surgical specialties. so maybe we all dodged a bullet

Reactions: 2 users