2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when financial aid offers typically come out?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when financial aid offers typically come out?
When I was matriculating, I received notice of a scholarship in May, but did not receive the full package until late June. I believe it was the same last year too.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application here after my interview. I interviewed 3/3. I have few acceptance else were and thought uc Davis would not be the best fit for m. Good luck all

did anyone who indicated interest in the TEACH-MS program here back about it? they may have just passed me up lol but I wanted to double check

Does anyone know what the WL movement here looks like? Especially for OOS?

Just got a full tuition scholarship 😭

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Is there a group chat/Groupme for admitted students (besides the Facebook group)? Kinda feel out of the loop about financial packages, housing, and just the ability to talk to current students. Any information would be helpful 😊

Hi! Is there a group chat/Groupme for admitted students (besides the Facebook group)? Kinda feel out of the loop about financial packages, housing, and just the ability to talk to current students. Any information would be helpful 😊
Not that I know of! If there is I would also be down to join

Does UCD accept letters of intent or update letters generally speaking? I remember seeing that somewhere but was wondering if someone can confirm

Does UCD accept letters of intent or update letters generally speaking? I remember seeing that somewhere but was wondering if someone can confirm
Just received a waitlist update email that confirms that they are unable to accept any application updates, including letters of intent.

Reactions: 1 users
bump! haha I really want to know too

Hi all! For accepted folks, have y’all received your financial aid offer yet?

I really hope they send them before May 1!
Unfortunately, they won’t. 😅 I’m starting third year next week and haven’t gotten my new 2023-24 package yet. Incoming MS1s likely won’t get their full package until sometime in June. You receive a separate email if you’ve been awarded a scholarship.

Last edited:
bump! haha I really want to know too
Each class uses Discord, but it’s up to your class to put it together. I don’t think anyone has started one yet. If you’re in the Facebook group already, one of y’all are welcome to start a post about one :)

Facebook is your best bet to talk to current students and ask questions. A lot of current students have recently been added (with more to come!).

Does anyone know what kind of sessions will be offered at the Diversity Revisit Day? Will it be informational or is it just a chance to mingle with other potential students?

Does anyone know what kind of sessions will be offered at the Diversity Revisit Day? Will it be informational or is it just a chance to mingle with other potential students?
I think a mix of both! Here’s what the website to register says: “Start the morning off with your white coat fittings during the registration period of 9-10am. The Diversity Revisit Program will start promptly at 10am; get acquainted with your future peers and hear from some of our school’s leaders. After lunch, we will have breakouts to help you see more of our campus and learn about our academic structure and opportunities at UC Davis School of Medicine.”

There’s also an ice cream social in the afternoon and a dinner in the evening.

Any acceptances from the waitlist today? Hoping we see some movement this month! Does anyone know what is typical for waitlist movement, or when the class is typically finalized by?

Any acceptances from the waitlist today? Hoping we see some movement this month! Does anyone know what is typical for waitlist movement, or when the class is typically finalized by?
I'm curious about the WL movement if anyone has data/insight as well - wish I had better numbers than just MSAR's vague data. I'm gonna guess the class is finalized by Jul 15 based on their website. But based on prev threads it looks like getting pulled off WL happens until mid-late Jun (Davis will send out an email when class is full and movement will be minimal).

Good luck to y'all on the WL.

Was accepted but withdraw my application Friday, wish everyone on the waitlist the best of luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Was accepted but withdraw my application Friday, wish everyone on the waitlist the best of luck!
Curious. Where are ending up going if it’s ok for you to say. Otherwise, good luck with your 1st year and congrats!

I’ve literally been crying for the past 30 mins after receiving the acceptance call. Davis was my top choice since undergrad. I am so exited to be joining y’all next year. 🥳
Anyone looking for roomies? Lol

• Love
I’ve literally been crying for the past 30 mins after receiving the acceptance call. Davis was my top choice since undergrad. I am so exited to be joining y’all next year. 🥳
Anyone looking for roomies? Lol
Congratulations! You deserved it :love: Can you please share the date of your interview?

Got the A call about an hour ago! I don’t believe it lmao I asked Charlene Greene if I was dreaming and if this is UC Davis!!! looks like I’ll be staying in CA!

Oh and I interviewed on Jan 9th!

• Love
  • Haha
Accepted today! Interviewed 10/2022

• Love
Got the call today! Interviewed in January.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
JUST GOT THE CALL! IM OFF THE WAITLIST! I was literally sitting outside of a dealership waiting for my car to be serviced 😂😂😂 I CANT BELIEVE IT'S (one step closer to) OVER!!!!!!
For anyone wondering, I interviewed Feb 24th. 518 MCAT, 3.77 cGPA, 3.56 sGPA, California resident living in NorCal. Went to a state school! Excited to meet everyone else with an A, and for those holding onto WLs, I hope to meet you too; don't give up hope!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
JUST GOT THE CALL! IM OFF THE WAITLIST! I was literally sitting outside of a dealership waiting for my car to be serviced 😂😂😂 I CANT BELIEVE IT'S (one step closer to) OVER!!!!!!
For anyone wondering, I interviewed Feb 24th. 518 MCAT, 3.77 cGPA, 3.56 sGPA, California resident living in NorCal. Went to a state school! Excited to meet everyone else with an A, and for those holding onto WLs, I hope to meet you too; don't give up hope!
kinda wild how your life can change in your normal day-to-day activities. i had just finished brushing my teeth when i got the WL call yesterday lmao

kinda wild how your life can change in your normal day-to-day activities. i had just finished brushing my teeth when i got the WL call yesterday lmao
Congratulations! :love: Can you please share your stat and the date of your interview?

Super hard decision but gave up my A here as well. Best of luck to those still in the running!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users