2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I was waitlisted after a super early in the cycle interview, should I consider that a soft R? Feeling like it can't be a good sign if I was one of the first sets interviewed and then got the waitlist :/

Members don't see this ad.

got the "interview waitlist" email a couple weeks ago -- does anyone know what movement looks like/how likely an ii is after getting that email?

got the "interview waitlist" email a couple weeks ago -- does anyone know what movement looks like/how likely an ii is after getting that email?
oh i didn't know they do interview waitlist. when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a pre-II R yet or are they waiting to send them all at once? :(

Has anyone received a pre-II R yet or are they waiting to send them all at once? :(
ucd alumn here, i’ve been waiting for an interview invite since i’ve been complete mid august. i just emailed my ucd advisor asking what are my chances. she said davis interviews all the way thru may n just to wait it out :/

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
ucd alumn here, i’ve been waiting for an interview invite since i’ve been complete mid august. i just emailed my ucd advisor asking what are my chances. she said davis interviews all the way thru may n just to wait it out :/
same i am also waiting. ucd is like 10-15 mins from me so def my top choice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
II received this morning! Completed late July, in-state applicant with strong connections to NorCal

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have any idea what the "Speak with the Dean" station for the MMI is like?? ( Please DO NOT share any information that we are not allowed to). Is it a MMI scenario or you talk about with Dean?

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea what the "Speak with the Dean" station for the MMI is like?? Is it a MMI scenario or you talk about with Dean about your background and why medicine, etc.
I hope it's a shouting matching me vs the Dean on who likes science more and who has the greater passion for helping people. Or maybe it's situational where you roleplay as the Dean and try to sell the school to the actual Dean.

I hope it's a shouting matching me vs the Dean on who likes science more and who has the greater passion for helping people. Or maybe it's situational where you roleplay as the Dean and try to sell the school to the actual Dean.
And the shouting match is through the old Xbox 360 party chat where everyone sounds the same lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
@mojSADAG82 so I can't get too descriptive, but it's a casual conversation with the Dean that then turns into a fist fight and if you can throw some good jabs before getting knocked out then you get in. I couldn't land enough blows and got the post II R as a result RIP.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
PLEASE ANSWER THIS Question IF POSSIBLE (Not a joke guys, I'm stressed)
Anyone have any idea what the "Speak with the Dean" station for the MMI is like?? Is it a MMI scenario or you talk about with Dean about your background and why medicine, etc.
People sign non-disclosure agreements to not talk about it. He will ask you a question and you will have a few minutes to answer it, as with other MMI stations. It is conversational and he is a nice guy, you will be okay.

People sign non-disclosure agreements to not talk about it. He will ask you a question and you will have a few minutes to answer it, as with other MMI stations. It is conversational and he is a nice guy, you will be okay.
thank you

@mojSADAG82 so I can't get too descriptive, but it's a casual conversation with the Dean that then turns into a fist fight and if you can throw some good jabs before getting knocked out then you get in. I couldn't land enough blows and got the post II R as a result RIP.
I'm ready with these hands, gonna let him know these fists are rated E for everyone

• Love
Anyone receive a scholarly pathway interview yet? I applied to Rural-PRIME and the ACE-PC and am just wondering when we should hear back about those? Their website says they were going to send interviews for them in January but I know they are slightly behind.

Just received a II! So excited. Thought I didn’t have a chance. Can anyone that interviewed give me any advice on how to best prepare? I’m not good with MMI

Just received a II! So excited. Thought I didn’t have a chance. Can anyone that interviewed give me any advice on how to best prepare? I’m not good with MMI
Congratulations!!! Mind sharing your stats and date app was completed?

Congratulations!!! Mind sharing your stats and date app was completed?
Thank you. I completed 10/15 I’m 76 and in state applicant with some what of close ties to Sacramento

Is there a specific day of the week that Davis sends out IIs or is it pretty much random?

imo the fact that davis doesn't take updates is really disappointing :/ has anyone tried to send one and ever been successful?
I have asked before, and even if you send one in they will not consider it in your file, unless it is something bad like being charged for a felony or something.

Congrats! Can you share what dates were available?

Reactions: 2 users
IS II this afternoon!! NorCal Resident :) Superrrrr excited!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
does uc davis have a second look weekend and/or does anyone know when it is?
1677087843488.png

• Love
pre ii R.
-lived in sac all my life, 10 mins from campus. sucks but wasn't meant to be.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who interviewed on 1/27 hear back yet?

.....is it a pre-II R wave today? anxiety is PEAKING

II today 2/22/23 ! Completed Secondary 9/18/22. IS SoCal

Rejected just now. My one and only interview this cycle :(

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Yeah got rejected. My one and only II as well. So so bummed I really loved the school and would have thrived. Such is life.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Rejected just now. My one and only interview this cycle :(
Yeah got rejected. My one and only II as well. So so bummed I really loved the school and would have thrived. Such is life.
I'm so sorry to hear. The cycle is not over yet, keep your chin up! Would you mind sharing when you were interviewed? Thank you!