2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine said I was chosen because I fit their mission. I think everyone was considered
Is it safe to say this isn't the financial aid package?

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected just now after being placed on the interview waitlist since August. Sigh

Rejected just now after being placed on the interview waitlist since August. Sigh
Same here. Got placed on hold in January. My MCAT scores were low, so I already knew that I would get rejected. Really don't believe in "Holistic Review" that schools talk about... Sigh really bummed out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I also got one (for half tuition though); do you know why we are chosen? I don't remember applying for scholarships so I'm assuming everyone is considered?

Congrats y'all! :) Was this after you filled out the required financial documents? & were you notified via email or phone?

Reactions: 1 user
Are acceptance calls usually in the morning? Has anyone from the 3/2 interview day gotten a call?

Congrats y'all! :) Was this after you filled out the required financial documents? & were you notified via email or phone?

I received email regarding this around the same time as well. It was after I’ve submitted the required documents

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Received the call Friday afternoon, interviewed early-mid March

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted here back in November after interviewing in October. I've seen a lot of people saying they've sent in an update/intent letter of sorts but I wanted to ask where did you guys send or submit it to? I've been trying to call the office but no one's been answering. I guess I just have bad timing haha.

(If you accepted it) did the office respond that they received your contract ?
They didn’t respond but I’m assuming that if they didn’t contact me about a missing contract then it should be okay! Plus if you have a record of the sent email then there shouldn’t be anything to be worried about :)

@Drekan311 , @tearxdrops @BasketballPhenom @Killa_T are we supposed to respond to the scholarship letter with a thank you, or are we supposed to write a thank you letter to the sponsors later?

Just date and sign on the provided line and send back the copy to financial aid office, I believe. You can add a little thank you note in that email (if you do email it) or you can just email financial aid separately thanking them. We don’t know who the sponsors are yet (do we?), so that will come later when it’s requested. Congratulations on your scholarship!!

Withdrew my acceptance + full-tuition scholarship. I hope my spot goes to one of you. I’ll always love you Davis

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if the waitlist movement has started? I've heard they usually start around the 15th...

Anyone know if the waitlist movement has started? I've heard they usually start around the 15th...
if you surf through a couple of past years threads, you will see that most waitlist movements occur after May 1st but there are rare occasions where people get off before then! I would say that just aim for the first week of may!

For what it's worth, I'm actually debating on withdrawing from Davis soon so I hope my spot goes to someone here who really loves Davis :)

Reactions: 3 users
Same here. Got placed on hold in January. My MCAT scores were low, so I already knew that I would get rejected. Really don't believe in "Holistic Review" that schools talk about... Sigh really bummed out!

It's not that schools don't do holistic reviews. There simply are MCAT scores that medical schools can't accept because it is taking a big risk that either 1). you'll fail classes/drop out/be excused from school, and 2). you won't pass the USMLE step exams. Both are very real, as I have seen them happen to fellow classmates with lower MCAT scores (along with intermediate scores).

As much as it sucks, I would urge you to re-take the MCAT for a higher score, and re-apply. Schools generally take persistence into account as well (something that comes very much in handy during medical school, btw!).

at least one friend of mines heard from back from PRIME ACE i think awhile back

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I know someone already heard back from SJV PRIME and TEACH-MS as well. I’m actually most curious about Rural PRIME ...

I just got in off the waitlist! Couldn’t be happier. Best of luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 4 users
Also got the call this morning!!! Still waiting for that e-mail though but the call was real!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!!! I am also waitlisted and was wondering when you were waitlisted.

For clarity,

I interviewed in early October and got put on the waitlist by the end of October from what I remember. I also sent in two updates/interest letters this month in April.

Accepted off waitlist yesterday. Does anyone have a sense of how much scholarship $ Davis generally gives? It seems like we may not get financial aid awards until after the decision deadline.

Accepted off waitlist yesterday. Does anyone have a sense of how much scholarship $ Davis generally gives? It seems like we may not get financial aid awards until after the decision deadline.
You can still get merit scholarship which can go up to 25k as reported by fellow sdners

Congrats! Was wondering when you were put on waitlist.

Hi all! I was finally able to make my decision between a few schools, and am now trying to withdraw my acceptance from Davis (hopefully it goes to one of you!). Do you know if we're supposed to just use the message center to inform them of that? There doesn't seem to be a good way to do it other than through the message center or email.

Can anyone comment on what student life is like here?

Just got my acceptance email!!!!! Holy @#$&!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED JUST NOW VIA EMAIL!!!

Last edited:
ACCEPTED JUST NOW VIA EMAIL!!! Can't breathe, still shaking. 4 more years as an Aggie?????? I'LL TAKE IT!!!!

For transparency: interviewed 11/03, waitlisted early December. IS, Lizzy M: 67.

Last edited: