2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
New interview date available on the portal for 3/02. This is the only available date as far as I am aware.
Thats the only date I saw as well

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/3, waitlisted today via email. Email said to not expect any further decisions until April 30th.

Can anyone provide any insight into # of people waitlisted, % of people waitlisted who are accepted, etc?

Just got an II!! complete in october....kind of worried though as people who got interviews earlier this month reported scheduling an interview for march....hope interviewing so late doesn't affect my chances too much :thinking:

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II!! complete in october....kind of worried though as people who got interviews earlier this month reported scheduling an interview for march....hope interviewing so late doesn't affect my chances too much :thinking:

Congrats! Are you instate?

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on the II! Mind sharing your stats?
Thank you. sGPA 3.3 and MCAT 497. I did over a 3.8 in both my post bacc and Masters program. I am also a non-traditional, 30-something year old student with very extensive healthcare leadership experiences. I strongly believe it was the holistic review of my application that has brought me this far.

Also I secured an interview date for March 9th.

Reactions: 5 users
anyone know if davis is fond of update letters/letters of intent etc?

anyone know if davis is fond of update letters/letters of intent etc?

Yes to updates if you've been offered an interview and have something significant to update them on. You can submit them through the message center.
Not too sure about letters of intent. Some schools take them seriously, but most don't.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted primary application in August and have not received a secondary invite nor a rejection... is anyone else on the same boat?

I submitted primary application in August and have not received a secondary invite nor a rejection... is anyone else on the same boat?
I'm not in the same boat as you but not getting a secondary is great for your bank account. I'm -$105 dollars and dead silence since August.... :/

yeah i mean i had strong ties to the area i live there (have been for my whole life) and have done extensive work around the area and a +75 LizzyM i feel like it doesnt make too much of an impact as people may think.

Does anyone know the pre-secondary screen for UCD is? Do they value upward trend & post-bacc work even thought the overall grades aren't impressive, in terms of auto-screen secondary?

Does anyone know the pre-secondary screen for UCD is? Do they value upward trend & post-bacc work even thought the overall grades aren't impressive, in terms of auto-screen secondary?
People have speculated that it has to do with community service. Based on experience, I don't have post bacc work, great overall grades+ MCAT, and have no ties to the area. But I have alot of community service work in underserved areas... So idk... their screen doesn't really make sense

Does anyone know when they finish interviews?

Sorry if i didn't go through the entire thread--but my secondary app says I'm missing pre-reqs in the entry part...is this an error? I sent a message through the portal...wanted to know if anyone experienced the same

Sorry if i didn't go through the entire thread--but my secondary app says I'm missing pre-reqs in the entry part...is this an error? I sent a message through the portal...wanted to know if anyone experienced the same

I don't think my portal ever said that. Did you possibly make a mistake inputting your pre-reqs and grades?

I too am confused as to how UCD screens. Based on conversations with others, it probably does have to do with community service. UCD was actually the second school I got a secondary for (07/08). I got the complete email 07/31. Still haven't heard anything from them since :( I am hopeful though!

IS applicant here. Ivy League grad.

I too am confused as to how UCD screens. Based on conversations with others, it probably does have to do with community service. UCD was actually the second school I got a secondary for (07/08). I got the complete email 07/31. Still haven't heard anything from them since :( I am hopeful though!

IS applicant here. Ivy League grad.
idk about that either. i have significant community service, more than most people who i know are applying and its one of the huge parts of my app but silence on my end. i think its pointless to try to figure it out unfortunately :(

idk about that either. i have significant community service, more than most people who i know are applying and its one of the huge parts of my app but silence on my end. i think its pointless to try to figure it out unfortunately :(

My apologies. What I meant to say was clinical volunteer experience, not community service. But hey, community service is definitely valuable as well.

Best of luck to you!

My apologies. What I meant to say was clinical volunteer experience, not community service. But hey, community service is definitely valuable as well.

Best of luck to you!
I don't think it's clinical volunteer hours either. I've had alot of community service volunteer (non-clinical) but I received a secondary... idkkk

First time poster here :)
Do acceptances almost always go out on the Thursdays before the 2 week mark?
I know that this was not the case for applicants interviewing before mid October.

When UC Davis doesn't allow updates... even when you have good updates :(

Anyone from Dec 1 interview hear back?

I know that they said they don't accept pre-II updates, but does this include transcripts? Just got my grades for my winter semester in.

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 12/8, So-Cal resident LizzyM 76

OOS complete over 3 months back and haven't heard back. Am I essentially waiting for a delayed rejection right now?

Anybody with a similar issue try calling admissions? I've been complete since mid july
I would be curious to know too.:
Anybody with a similar issue try calling admissions? I've been complete since mid july
I’ve heard that the office hasn’t been very friendly but I’d be curious to know if anyone has advice. I’m worried now we are just waiting for rejections but I’d like to stay hopeful..

Has Davis sent out any rejections yet?