2017-2018 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the hold by committee email, or in other words a rejection (post interview).... dam.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got the hold by committee email, or in other words a rejection.... dam.
I could be wrong, but I believe in previous years people who have been on hold have eventually gotten II's.

Members don't see this ad :)
I could be wrong, but I believe in previous years people who have been on hold have eventually gotten II's.
No they said they rarely ever pull from the hold list and if they do then it’s the high priority one.

Hi! New here :)

Interviewed first week of October, and we were told that we could get an answer even within three weeks. I was just curious if anyone who interviewed in late September/early October has had their portal cleared or heard anything. Congrats to all accepted so far and best of luck to everyone!

Got the hold e-mail this morning. I subsequently jumped out of bed, rushed like a maniac to work, as I thought today was Monday based on that e-mail this morning. I *falsely* assumed medical school emails go out on weekdays. Upon driving 45 minutes and finding my building locked, I realized that, today, was in fact, Sunday.

y-u-do-59ed0a.jpg

I'm kinda paranoid about my interview date for upstate. I got an interview invite on 10/10, and like an idiot didn't schedule the interview until later that day. The earliest date for me was 2/7/18, which is pretty late.
Does upstate usually get filled up fast like this?

I'm kinda paranoid about my interview date for upstate. I got an interview invite on 10/10, and like an idiot didn't schedule the interview until later that day. The earliest date for me was 2/7/18, which is pretty late.
Does upstate usually get filled up fast like this?

February?!?!?! Looks like those of us who havent gotten an II yet are donezo

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who interviewed on 9/20 receive a decision? My portal still hasn't cleared.

Has anyone been notified about interviews for the MD/PhD? Applications were due Oct 15.

October interviewees - Did Upstate give a date for the next round of decisions?

I interviewed early October. I was told that if we didn't find out by Oct. 15th, then definitely around the first week of November. Wasn't given an exact date.

Reactions: 1 users

I interviewed early October. I was told that if we didn't find out by Oct. 15th, then definitely around the first week of November. Wasn't given an exact date.

Had my dates mixed up, interviewed late September and was told ^^^^ info.

In the same boat. Interviewed first week of October - we were told that we could hear even within 3 weeks. Website says typical wait is around 4-5 weeks. Portal not cleared yet, but maybe soon!

II... Interview in February!! Kinda late but still excited I got an invite.

Complete late August

Anyone know when we’re supposed to hear back if we interviewed late September? I thought we were supposed to hear a decision this last week. My portal is still not cleared

Reactions: 1 user
Portal finally cleared! Interviewed 9/27

EDIT: IT CLEARED TO SAY I WAS ACCEPTED OMG CRYING AND SHAKING AT WORK IS THIS REAL

Reactions: 6 users

EDIT: IT CLEARED TO SAY I WAS ACCEPTED OMG CRYING AND SHAKING AT WORK IS THIS REAL

Congrats!!! I interviewed the same day but my portal still isn't cleared and there is no admissions decision :O

Congrats!!! I interviewed the same day but my portal still isn't cleared and there is no admissions decision :O
also same interview day and no decision haha hey guys :)
but many congrats to modyn!!!!!

Congrats!!! I interviewed first week of October. Sooo nervous!!!

ACCEPTED!! literally cried xD also interviewed 9/27!!

Reactions: 5 users
Whoever is in Syracuse to interview tomorrow. Im sitting at a bar near the School to watch the Houston vs Dodgers game! PM if you will like to join(they have some delicious food/drinks)

Interviewed Oct 2, and freaking out because OOS and also think I maybe bombed the MMI :/

Awww, I wouldn't worry. I feel like most people don't feel entirely confident with the MMI. (I sure didn't...) Either way, I think we'll get an answer soon. Worrying before then is a waste of emotional energy.

Just a though, but did you all submit the campus preference form (Syracuse v. Binghamtom)? They said you won't be contacted by admissions until you do. I know most people probably do it right away but though I would say something in case it slipped past anyone waiting on a decision.

Just a though, but did you all submit the campus preference form (Syracuse v. Binghamtom)? They said you won't be contacted by admissions until you do. I know most people probably do it right away but though I would say something in case it slipped past anyone waiting on a decision.

Yup, definitely submitted it and got the confirmation email that the preference was noted. However, from what other users have said, it seems like 9/27 people are currently getting decisions. Early October is probably coming soon.

Yup, definitely submitted it and got the confirmation email that the preference was noted. However, from what other users have said, it seems like 9/27 people are currently getting decisions. Early October is probably coming soon.
9/20 here and still no update

Adcom is meeting... Right now reviewing applicants

Reactions: 2 users