2017-2018 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We do, actually! The Bobcat Community Clinic in Bridgeport was founded by our charter class in their first year. We do monthly screening clinics and patient education events, and we're working on expanding into acute care services, among other exciting developments. Here's the website!
I couldn't seem to find whether there are opportunities for global health/international rotations. Do you know if they have any opportunities for that?

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted secondary on day 27... hopefully they don't mind all too much haha :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
How big of a deal is it if I don't complete the secondary within two weeks?

Have the same question for some other school - my grandfather has been in the ICU for the last week, and I haven't done any apps....obviously I can't explain this anywhere, but I don't want schools to think this is due to lack of interest in their programs.

How big of a deal is it if I don't complete the secondary within two weeks?

Unless the school mandates it, it's no issue. Two weeks is mainly a goal just to get in all your secondaries without getting them piled up, and so you can be complete earlier, but it's not mandatory unless the school says it is

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless the school mandates it, it's no issue. Two weeks is mainly a goal just to get in all your secondaries without getting them piled up, and so you can be complete earlier, but it's not mandatory unless the school says it is

It doesn't say mandatory, but this statement is bolded: it is recommended that you complete the secondary application within two weeks of receipt of this offer as interviews are extended on a rolling basis.

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry for the spammy post in the school specific threads :( - but I wanted to plug my interview invite tracker! If you haven't seen it, I'm compiling data on the current application cycle to reproduce @planeblue's exercise (Planeblue's Interview Invite Tracker)
and get some info on GPA/MCAT, IS/OOS, and URM/ORM for those receiving invites. Maybe we can use it to help future applicants build better school lists!

If you'd like to add info on your interview invite to Quinnipiac and any others and haven't already, fill out the Google Form here - 2017/18 MD Interview Invite Tracker

If you have already - a tremendous thanks to you!

Also, for those who haven't received an II yet - hang in there! It is still incredibly early and there are plenty more invites coming our way! Best of luck to everyone!

I couldn't seem to find whether there are opportunities for global health/international rotations. Do you know if they have any opportunities for that?

I don't know about international rotations, but we have a whole capstone concentration dedicated to global, community, and public health, and quite a few of my classmates went abroad this summer to do research, whether for their capstone or something else.

Hi Everyone! How did you guys input your science courses? I'm having trouble because I have some science courses where lab was part of the course and others where lab was separate and listed as a separate course number and grade? Based on the way I currently inputed the courses, the page says that my requirements are not met =/

Am I shooting myself in the foot if I dont submit within 2 weeks of receiving a seconndary? As in will I be penalized?

Can anyone who has interviewed here tell me about it? I was wondering about the format. Is it 1 on 1, panel, etc? Open or closed? Time, etc... Anything would be appreciated.

How does this school handle rejections? Early? Silent?

Can anyone who has interviewed here tell me about it? I was wondering about the format. Is it 1 on 1, panel, etc? Open or closed? Time, etc... Anything would be appreciated.
I'm pretty sure it's 1 on 1, open file. I'll let you know tomorrow after my interview! Feel free to PMme for details.

Reactions: 2 users
Two 1-on-1 interviews, open file. Will be two faculty since you have an early interview. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I was verified 8/13 and have received no secondary. LizzyM ~70-74. Should I contact them?

I was verified 8/13 and have received no secondary. LizzyM ~70-74. Should I contact them?

I would be patient for a few more weeks. Admissions has a lot of work on their hands at the moment, what with the deluge of applications they've received since the cycle began. It may take them some time to do initial processing on your application and send you your secondary.

II today. OS, URM, LizzyM 69-70

Just booked my flight. Flying from my relatively small midwestern city airport to BDL = SO EXPENSIVE. I'm excited but omg it's beginning to hit me how expensive this interview season will be.

Anyone else interviewing 9/18?

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, sorry if this is a silly question, but for entering coursework, should I list ALL coursework that COULD satisfy the requirements they give? I ask because I have a graduate level Biochemistry course and an undergraduate level Biochemistry course, and I was wondering whether to list one or the other, or both? (Graduate was obviously more recent) Thanks!
I have both as well and I just entered the most recent graduate course. I got an II so it seems that's what they wanted lol. I think a good rule of thumb is to just enter the minimum that fulfills their requirement. After all, they do have all your coursework from the primary app already.

Random question, does the chair of admissions actually read applications? I found out one of my PI rec letters is on a certain committee for a research institute that the chair was part of before he came to Netter. Just thought it was funny but they probably know each other and didnt know if he actually reads apps as that might help me hahaha

Random question, does the chair of admissions actually read applications? I found out one of my PI rec letters is on a certain committee for a research institute that the chair was part of before he came to Netter. Just thought it was funny but they probably know each other and didnt know if he actually reads apps as that might help me hahaha

He reads every single one. When he met with my interview group, he asked me what classes I was currently taking, and when I mentioned I was taking a neuro class at the time, it turned out he knew my professor, haha.

What is post interview acceptance rate at this school? Does having a sept. interview help with admission chances?

Getting an interview is the hardest part of the process, I would say. For the most accurate data regarding post-interview acceptance rate, I'd refer to MSAR for sure. Interviewees have a pretty even chance of acceptance no matter when they interview.

My app has been "Ready" since mid-July. Is this the normal status? Or should it have been changed to something like "Under Review" or something?

He reads every single one. When he met with my interview group, he asked me what classes I was currently taking, and when I mentioned I was taking a neuro class at the time, it turned out he knew my professor, haha.

Getting an interview is the hardest part of the process, I would say. For the most accurate data regarding post-interview acceptance rate, I'd refer to MSAR for sure. Interviewees have a pretty even chance of acceptance no matter when they interview.

Last edited:
What do you think my chances are? 3.97 gpa, biology major, honors college, 509 mcat score, studied abroad, graduated in 3 years, TA,tutor, AHA fellowship recipient, gap year as a researcher for Yale University. Extracurricular activities, 11 year history volunteering with the same organization, shadow and volunteer experience in healthcare. Also IS applicant.
Thanks for any insight.

Hi all! I am late to the Netter game - just about to submit my secondary tomorrow. Congrats to all who have secondaries and interviews!

For the first essay question I wrote that I envisioned myself working in academic medicine as a physician and conducting my own research projects. Would this put my application at a disadvantage considering Quinnipiac has $0 research funding on MSAR (not fitting their mission)?

Did I read on their site that they match students to opportunities nearby? I think you're fine.

Front page of the Quinnipiac website:

"The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine is unique. At most medical schools, the intense needs of conducting research and generating income directly compete with delivering a thoughtful, first-rate education for medical students. Here, our singular focus is your preparation."

Still somewhat apprehensive about it lol...

Front page of the Quinnipiac website:

"The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine is unique. At most medical schools, the intense needs of conducting research and generating income directly compete with delivering a thoughtful, first-rate education for medical students. Here, our singular focus is your preparation."

Still somewhat apprehensive about it lol...
Did you already submit it? I interviewed here and I can tell you that they don't do research on campus at all & they are very focused on training primary care physicians. I think what you wrote is great but I'm not sure if the Netter people are going to like it! Fingers crossed for you though

I'm pretty sure it's 1 on 1, open file. I'll let you know tomorrow after my interview! Feel free to PMme for details.

Hi! I was wondering if you could give an overview of the interview day?