2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted & looking to ask if there’s a FB group? :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, its that time again everyone! I wish you all the best and hope we all hear good news soon. I've told mayo probably 3-4 times they are my number one school and I know many of you feel the same way hell I bet many of us would go there even without the financial aid I know I would. i hope to see movement on the WL and many of you there with me in the near future. god bless and good luck remain stubbornly determined!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Decisions tmw? Or do they usually wait a week or so ?

Decisions tmw? Or do they usually wait a week or so ?
We’ll know when we know. That being said, last year the decisions did go out the first week of May but this cycle hasn’t been like last cycle especially with the interest email sent out to only ten of the WL (I didn’t get one so I’m a tad jealous lol) otherwise we just have to hang tight and hope for the best. Good luck I’m going to occupy my time (tomorrow at least) by finally seeing the avengers with my awesome wife no spoilers though I promise!

We’ll know when we know. That being said, last year the decisions did go out the first week of May but this cycle hasn’t been like last cycle especially with the interest email sent out to only ten of the WL (I didn’t get one so I’m a tad jealous lol) otherwise we just have to hang tight and hope for the best. Good luck I’m going to occupy my time (tomorrow at least) by finally seeing the avengers with my awesome wife no spoilers though I promise!

How do we know the interest emails only went to 10 on the waitlist?

How do we know the interest emails only went to 10 on the waitlist?
I spoke with someone who got one on this site who pasted the email onto our chat though I won’t name the person.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew for a full scholarship elsewhere. Absolutely LOVED this school!! Best of luck to you lovely people! :)

Reactions: 6 users
In 2017, April 30 fell on a Sunday so the last day to hold acceptances was May 1. First wave calls then went out on May 2 and May 3. In 2016, April 30 fell on a Saturday, so I think people got 2 extra days so the last day to hold multiple acceptances was May 3. First wave calls then went out on May 4. Since April 30 fell on a Monday, according to the last two years, it was very possible calls went out yesterday and maybe will today. But again...just all speculation

Reactions: 1 users
In 2017, April 30 fell on a Sunday so the last day to hold acceptances was May 1. First wave calls then went out on May 2 and May 3. In 2016, April 30 fell on a Saturday, so I think people got 2 extra days so the last day to hold multiple acceptances was May 3. First wave calls then went out on May 4. Since April 30 fell on a Monday, according to the last two years, it was very possible calls went out yesterday and maybe will today. But again...just all speculation
This thread never ceases to amaze me how neurotic ppl can be

Members don't see this ad :)
Accidentally posted this in the Arizona thread, butttt just got the call! Accepted off of the waitlist for MN 4 year program!!

Sorry for the redundancy to anyone who is following both forums.

Reactions: 5 users
Accidentally posted this in the Arizona thread, butttt just got the call! Accepted off of the waitlist for MN 4 year program!!

Congrats!! Let's hope that the rest of us get a call as well!

Reactions: 2 users

Hey, if it's okay to ask, did you send a letter of intent/get the email about continued interest on the waitlist? And obviously, congrats!! That's super exciting~~

Hey, if it's okay to ask, did you send a letter of intent/get the email about continued interest on the waitlist? And obviously, congrats!! That's super exciting~~
Hey! I did get the email and I updated them with my current interest which wasn’t a formal letter of intent but essentially I said it was my top choice.

Thank you! I’m still basking in this, trying not to think about the tough decisions yet haha.

Accepted earlier this morning. I definitely have my fingers crossed for everyone else on the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have an idea of how many students will be in this year's class??

hey guys could you add your WL acceptances to the WL tracker even if you're not comfortable posting it here please. it'll give us a more realistic idea of what is happening. 2018 MD Waitlist Acceptance Tracker

Anyone know if all waitlist spots have been given out/incoming class has been filled? Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if all waitlist spots have been given out/incoming class has been filled? Thanks!

not sure but even if this is the case there could still be some movement when/if some people who are accepted off the waitlist decline (like that person who just posted in the help me decide thread :eek:)

not sure but even if this is the case there could still be some movement when/if some people who are accepted off the waitlist decline (like that person who just posted in the help me decide thread :eek:)
So exciting!

Would you mind if I PM'd you with some general questions about Mayo?? I would love to pick a current students brain about the MN campus. Thank you in advance :)

I am yet to get financial aid package/scholarship from Mayo. Does that mean I am not qualified. I called financial aid office last week and they informed that it was not finalized and asked me to call back next week. FYI, my parents income was between 300 - 400K.

I am yet to get financial aid package/scholarship from Mayo. Does that mean I am not qualified. I called financial aid office last week and they informed that it was not finalized and asked me to call back next week. FYI, my parents income was between 300 - 400K.
Mayo has said it doesn’t give merit based aid only need based

Mayo has said it doesn’t give merit based aid only need based
I was told that I wouldn’t hear back until next week because the financial aid office manager is out until Monday. I was also accepted off of the waitlist so Idk if people who were accepted earlier got everything finalized earlier.

So exciting!

Would you mind if I PM'd you with some general questions about Mayo?? I would love to pick a current students brain about the MN campus. Thank you in advance :)

sure thing! feel free to message me

Congrats to all those accepted!! But for the rest of us still on the WL, is it a safe bet to give up hope now? I literally haven't heard anything from mayo since my interview haha

Got the acceptance call earlier today! Still in disbelief.....

Reactions: 3 users
Also received an email from the Dean asking if I was still interested (both MN and 2+2). I gave him an overwhelming yes (for either program)...fingers crossed

Just recently accepted. I saw something vaguely about drug testing, but I was so excited I just accepted. I can't find that info anywhere now. Can someone tell me more about their drug testing?

Full disclosure: I live in Cali, and it's legal.

hey everyone, been viewing this thread for a while but first time posting. talked to the admissions office and i was told that waitlist movement usually slows down in June, but there have been instances where they've made appointments as late as matriculation day. hope this gives you guys some ease and good luck to all my fellow waitlisters!!

Are there any current students who might be willing to answer questions via PM? I have some tough decisions to make.

Also I can’t find anywhere that gives me a deadline on the decision so I’m assuming 5 business days?

Are there any current students who might be willing to answer questions via PM? I have some tough decisions to make.

Also I can’t find anywhere that gives me a deadline on the decision so I’m assuming 5 business days?

feel free to message me. sorry not sure about the deadline, but I would email admissions to confirm

Thanks! I'll be writing a PM to you shortly :)

Also was able to confirm that it is indeed five business days.

I’m sooo undecided!!! Ahhh! This may be nuts but I’m thinking of taking a last minute trip to Rochester to visit again....

I’m sooo undecided!!! Ahhh! This may be nuts but I’m thinking of taking a last minute trip to Rochester to visit again....

I would do it if you can! It really helps in making the decision to visit again outside of interview day

I ended up declining my acceptance here. My heart and feeling of "best fit" were elsewhere.

I really wish I could direct my spot to @SCN1a! I hope it goes to someone who has Mayo as their dream, as I know there are those of you still out there on the WL who do.

I also want to say, this was my favorite school-specific thread to be on during the cycle, especially with all the Office references!

I ended up declining my acceptance here. My heart and feeling of "best fit" were elsewhere.

I really wish I could direct my spot to @SCN1a! I hope it goes to someone who has Mayo as their dream, as I know there are those of you still out there on the WL who do.

I also want to say, this was my favorite school-specific thread to be on during the cycle, especially with all the Office references!
Thanks so much! I wish I could go here too! I’m currently hiking half dome in Yosemite (apparently there’s service up here) I know you’ll be a great med student and future colleague I agree this thread has been among the best and encouraging threads out there! Good luck at your school.