2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe they do. I think their firewall does that automatically or some other computer buzzword like that. I remember thinking I got passed over last year only to get an II later on. It honestly might have been the next day. I don't really remember.
Just to clarify, you literally just got it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who did I'm guessing Via email right?

Yes. You get an email and then your portal has a new interview tab.

Edit: I'm almost positive every school will send you an email/call you along with changing your portal

Just to clarify, you literally just got it?

Not literally, no. I received it around 1 pm Eastern

I believe they do. I think their firewall does that automatically or some other computer buzzword like that. I remember thinking I got passed over last year only to get an II later on. It honestly might have been the next day. I don't really remember.
oh are you a reapplicant? how was the interview at Georgetown last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wish there was a Bloodbath to go along with these IIs so I could know if no news is actually good news

Last edited:
oh are you a reapplicant? how was the interview at Georgetown last year?

I really enjoyed it. It was really relaxed and I personally thought the students seemed to enjoy their lives. I personally loved the school after my interview (hence my reapplication), but I know others didn't. It's all about the fit I suppose

Wish there was a Bloodbath to go along with these IIs so I could know if no news is actually good news

Careful what you wish for lol I know last year they didn't waste a lot of time with handing out rejections. I agree that it's nice to know early though. Trust me, waiting around until March is brutal and it's much worse getting the rejection email from like 10 schools on the same day.

I really enjoyed it. It was really relaxed and I personally thought the students seemed to enjoy their lives. I personally loved the school after my interview (hence my reapplication), but I know others didn't. It's all about the fit I suppose
so what do you think was the downfall of your app cycle? LizzyM of 68 is decent

Congrats!! Are you in-state?

Georgetown is private, so they don't pay much attention to residency. Also, it's in DC so basically nobody is considered in state. Although, I'm sure it's easy to convey why you want to attend the school if you're from DC, Arlington, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all congratulations to those got IIs!! For those that did, were any of you MD/PhD? I'm not sure if it's done at the same time as just the MDs

Another blood bath today..? It's eerily quiet...

Got an II Monday as well. 3.5/514 for anyone trying to compare their numbers.

Secondary submitted....I feel like I am far behind the power curve here.

I did 1.5 spacing last year and got an interview. Remember, they receive a metric f*ck ton of applications. Brevity is probably welcomed at Georgetown

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
PM'd you but I doubt it might not have gone though.

Secondary submitted....I feel like I am far behind the power curve here.
PM'd you but I doubt it might not have gone though.

No worries, you're not at all behind the curve. If you're complete today then you're still way ahead of the curve since it's still July.

Also, the PM went through. I replied, so hopefully you received it.

I'm curious as to whether Georgetown does yield-protection.

I'm 3.7 + 520 and due to huge applicant pool, would Gtown have greater yield protection?

WHat is yield protection?
based off past application cycles schools begin to recognize what types of students actually attend their school; a student with a 520 is pretty likely to attend a school like duke or harvard, and so giving this person an acceptance may be a waste of Georgetown's time.

based off past application cycles schools begin to recognize what types of students actually attend their school; a student with a 520 is pretty likely to attend a school like duke or harvard, and so giving this person an acceptance may be a waste of Georgetown's time.
dumb question but can schools see what other schools we have applied to? or at least how many we've applied to?

dumb question but can schools see what other schools we have applied to? or at least how many we've applied to?
Yes, they can see all of that information in our primary app, as well as if we've previously applied to each one.

Edit: I was misinformed apparently, disregard this post lol

They cannot see what schools we have applied to nor how many. They only get to see what other acceptances we have (should you have others) after some date in May.

They cannot see what schools we have applied to nor how many. They only get to see what other acceptances we have (should you have others) after some date in May.
I was misinformed then, sorry!

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure that's not correct...
I thought it might be considering when you download your primary app to your computer the schools are on there. I just wasn't 100% on if that section is actually included on the schools' copies.

EDIT: nevermind haha

Got it. Thanks :)

II received today!!! Submitted 7/17. All the August interviews are gone!

Could be a stupid question, for those who have received II's, does your status on the portal change from Under Review to Complete?

II today, took 9/13/17 interview slot. Complete 7/10, cGPA 3.77 sGPA 3.7 MCAT 36.

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody know if Dulles has access to the metro? Or is that just DCA?

how lethal is it if you have well below their service recommendations? I'm starting to think that's why I didn't get an interview yet

You'd have to take a bus to the reston station, probs best to uber from dulles to the reston station then get into dc that way. Btw theres not really a good metro station near georgetown but uber works good if you dont wanna walk 20+ mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just DCA. Dulles will eventually have metro access but that process hasn't been completed yet.
I live in DC and the extra money to fly directly into DCA is well worth it, in my opinion.... Dulles is incredibly inconvenient without a car.

You'd have to take a bus to the reston station, probs best to uber from dulles to the reston station then get into dc that way. Btw theres not really a good metro station near georgetown but uber works good if you dont wanna walk 20+ mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a shuttle at Dupont Circle. Well, a block or two down the street I suppose.

Just DCA. Dulles will eventually have metro access but that process hasn't been completed yet.
I live in DC and the extra money to fly directly into DCA is well worth it, in my opinion.... Dulles is incredibly inconvenient without a car.

Def noticed the inconvenience thing lol unfortunately, my flights were like $80-$100 more to go to DCA. Denver airport never ceases to stay weird.

how lethal is it if you have well below their service recommendations? I'm starting to think that's why I didn't get an interview yet
whats the service recommendation

Last edited:
Patiently waiting to be mauled

whats the service recommendation
from their website:

EXPERIENCES - Clinical Experience, Leadership, Service, and Research. A highly competitive applicant will present a minimum of:

• ~200 hours of substantive, longitudinal clinical experiences such as: shadowing a physician, medical mission trips, scribing, etc. Please note that volunteering on the floors such as playing/reading to children, stocking shelves and transporting patients is considered good community volunteer experience, but not hands-on clinical experience. International experiences are acceptable, but a majority should be in the United States.
  • ~100 hours of research in any academic discipline.
  • ~100 hours of direct service of the underserved.

essentially at least 300 total hours of service

from their website:

EXPERIENCES - Clinical Experience, Leadership, Service, and Research. A highly competitive applicant will present a minimum of:

• ~200 hours of substantive, longitudinal clinical experiences such as: shadowing a physician, medical mission trips, scribing, etc. Please note that volunteering on the floors such as playing/reading to children, stocking shelves and transporting patients is considered good community volunteer experience, but not hands-on clinical experience. International experiences are acceptable, but a majority should be in the United States.
  • ~100 hours of research in any academic discipline.
  • ~100 hours of direct service of the underserved.

essentially at least 300 total hours of service
Lovely, thank you!!