2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Georgetown when I ask about Sarah Stewart:
i dont know her mariah carey GIF

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone else called the fin aid office and not got a response or call back?

Missed the March 1st finaid app deadline. I’ve been calling them all day the past 2 days with no response.
Same.... literally same. Accepted April 12. Saw the March 1 deadline. Filed out the paperwork anyway, emailed them and left voice mail. No response and 3 days from PTE.

Womp womp at Sarah Stewart lmaoo

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still not 100 percent sure. Are preclinical just p/f or honors/p/f?

You guys think there will be more WL movement for gtown or nah?
I think so. We haven't even reached the April 30th commit date. There is bound to be at least some, if not the majority, of waitlist movement after that date.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
You guys think there will be more WL movement for gtown or nah?
I think so, seems like a lot of people were waiting for sarah stewart notification they said a record amount of people applied so I imagine many will drop if they didn't get it

why are there so many withdraws am I missing something about gtown?? Is it always like this?

why are there so many withdraws am I missing something about gtown?? Is it always like this?
Not particularly surprising as we're coming up on the 4/30 reduction to one school. Georgetown, while a great school, does have significant disadvantages in terms of cost and minor disadvantages in terms of prestige, so it's not unexpected that there will be a wave of withdrawals when people are forced to choose between GT and another school.

Reactions: 4 users
Am I mean for being happy that people are withdrawing? As someone with 0 A's at this point, WL is my only hope haha

Am I mean for being happy that people are withdrawing? As someone with 0 A's at this point, WL is my only hope haha
Its not mean to root for yourself!! If people are withdrawing its usually for what they feel is a better fit for them, so its agood thing for everyone involved.

Withdrew my acceptance. My heart aches but I cannot justify the cost! Best of luck to those on the waitlist :)

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else get a call from Dean Lee Jones stating they're getting an increase in aid? I just did but the connection was quite bad and all I made out was I'm getting an increased $10000 and I'm not sure why but it seemed to be part of a program?

Anyone else get a call from Dean Lee Jones stating they're getting an increase in aid? I just did but the connection was quite bad and all I made out was I'm getting an increased $10000 and I'm not sure why but it seemed to be part of a program?

oh I didn’t but hopefully that comes! Did you already PTE?

Withdrawing that A today- best of luck everyone, salute to all of you on this next chapter!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrawing. Hopefully this spot goes to one of you on the waitlist!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my WL position, GL to everyone still in the running!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Fingers crossed that there's some WL movement coming up here! I went through the thread of previous years, and it seems like there was good movement about a week or so after the April 30th deadline. I wonder how this year will be different taking into account virtual interviews and whatnot...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
is it worth submitting another LOI at this point?
Was just wondering the same thing. I sent in a Letter of Intent about a week after being WL in February, and Georgetown is still my top choice, but I don't know if they care/if it's worth it to send them another letter saying the exact same thing I said 2 months ago.

Was just wondering the same thing. I sent in a Letter of Intent about a week after being WL in February, and Georgetown is still my top choice, but I don't know if they care/if it's worth it to send them another letter saying the exact same thing I said 2 months ago.
What do u have to lose? They explicitly say they give an unlimited amount of submitals.

Did anyone else just get a waitlist update email?

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't what does it say?
It just says that review of WL applicants is ongoing and priority is given to those who have submitted a letter of interest. I remember on past years threads it gets sent in waves to ppl so the email will continue to go out I believe

Does that mean those who didn’t get it are not considered to be taken off WL as of now?

Does that mean those who didn’t get it are not considered to be taken off WL as of now?
I am pretty sure it is just an email asking people to withdraw if they would no longer be interested in staying on the waitlist. I don't think it means anything about the status of your application besides that you are currently waitlisted.

Praying I get that call from Dr. Dugan 🙏 I been answering every single spam call 😩

• Love
Reactions: 2 users