2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So you’re saying it’s only class of 2019 and not a mix of 2015-2019?
It is, but it's stratified by year. So each class has their own column and the most recent match is there.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw that online but that is a list of matches from graduating class of 2015 to 2019. It also says that list is self reportive which means not everyone reported where they matched. It also doesn’t specify which year each is reported.
Dude what? just look at the link it is showing the match lists of each year- not what people randomly decided to report each year. And since the numbers add to 200 for 2019 means that everyone must have reported (didn't count any previous year). They also posted the match list outside the library at Georgetown but I didnt take a picture. I maybe can ask a current student to take a picture and send it to me but I think its unnecessary.

Last edited:
Dude what? just look at the link it is obviously showing the match lists of each year- not what people randomly decided to report each year. And the fact that the numbers add to 200 for 2019 means that everyone must have reported (didn't count any previous year). They also posted the match list outside the library at Georgetown but I didnt take a picture. I maybe can ask a current student to take a picture and send it to me but I think its unnecessary.

For some reason my phone doesn’t show the different years, but when I searched it on my computer it did show up. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of random, but does anyone remember if GUSOM has a fitness center for students, or do students just have access to the undergrad facilities?

Kind of random, but does anyone remember if GUSOM has a fitness center for students, or do students just have access to the undergrad facilities?

They have access to the undergrad gym (Yates Field House)

Withdrew... with the heaviest of hearts.. That COA was just too much for moi

I was able to get an amazing aid offer so I will be laying down this deposit for April 30th!!

Reactions: 3 users
Need based and yup I appealed because I had other acceptances with better aid

Need based and yup I appealed because I had other acceptances with better aid
I also appealed for more financial aid and haven't heard anything yet (it hasn't been that long, thought). How long did it take for you to hear back and who did you email/call?

I also appealed for more financial aid and haven't heard anything yet (it hasn't been that long, thought). How long did it take for you to hear back and who did you email/call?
I emailed the dean and got a response within 12 hrs

Members don't see this ad :)
If I am planning to enroll here, does anyone know by when I have to accept the aid offer (I am not 100% sure how much of the loans I am going to accept)?

Omg I just got a call that I was accepted off waitlist!! How weird is it that the call was on Sunday morning?! I am very neurotic so I wont be excited till email comes, for those who were accepted how long after the call did your email come ?!

Reactions: 5 users
Omg I just got a call that I was accepted off waitlist!! How weird is it that the call was on Sunday morning?! I am very neurotic so I wont be excited till email comes, for those who were accepted how long after the call did your email come ?!

Congrats!! It took about 12 hours!

Just got a call from dean Mitchell that I am accepted! I was part of the SMP program this year and I am thrilled! Hopefully the official email will kick in soon so I don't hyperventilate for the entire day.

Thank you ! I am in disbelief and imposter syndrome instantly kicked in. Im worried it's a prank or something o_O

You are not the only one. But I made sure that the caller was dean Mitchell and double checked that this was not a prank until he laughed lol

You are not the only one. But I made sure that the caller was dean Mitchell and double checked that this was not a prank until he laughed lol

Congrats friend! I was a SMP student last year. Hopefully we get the email soon ! :)

I got in this morning too!!!! I'm SO EXCITED to meet you all! This is honestly a dream come true.

Reactions: 3 users
I got the call!
I can't believe this. It's been an incredible journey. I am a third time Canadian applicant.
LizzyM about 73, Interviewed early December, waitlisted February. Sent in two letters.
The waitlist is moving, so best of luck everyone!!

Reactions: 6 users
I got the call!
I can't believe this. It's been an incredible journey. I am a third time Canadian applicant.
LizzyM about 73, Interviewed early December, waitlisted February. Sent in two letters.
Just now got the call or this morning??

I got the call!
Congrats!!!!! Do you mind sharing when you sent in your last letter?

Can any current students comment on what the typical schedules of an M1 and an M2 are like at Georgetown? (How many required things/week, how many hours of lecture/day are recorded and released, hours studying, etc.) What are weekends typically like? Do students have time to travel home on weekends, if they choose? Are exams usually Monday or Friday? Thanks!

Can any current students comment on what the typical schedules of an M1 and an M2 are like at Georgetown? (How many required things/week, how many hours of lecture/day are recorded and released, hours studying, etc.) What are weekends typically like? Do students have time to travel home on weekends, if they choose? Are exams usually Monday or Friday? Thanks!

They have M1 and M2 schedules online that you can view! PM me if you want the link - it's somewhere in the depths of the Student Life webpage.

Has anyone thought about housing yet? I'm going back and forth about living in Georgetown or in Rosslyn to save some $.

Has anyone thought about housing yet? I'm going back and forth about living in Georgetown or in Rosslyn to save some $.

There's a facebook page where people put up housing. PM me your email address for facebook and I will add you to the group.

I'd say go for Rosslyn if it is cheaper and you like an urban taste. I personally didn't like the vibe of Georgetown area during my SMP and stayed in Rosslyn. There is a free shuttle that runs every 10~20 minutes to the campus. Metro station is really close if you need to go to DC, MD, or VA

I'd say go for Rosslyn if it is cheaper and you like an urban taste. I personally didn't like the vibe of Georgetown area during my SMP and stayed in Rosslyn. There is a free shuttle that runs every 10~20 minutes to the campus. Metro station is really close if you need to go to DC, MD, or VA
Awesome - thanks! Do you mind if I PM you a few questions?

How long did it take you guys to get your financial aid packages? Would 2-3 weeks post acceptance seem reasonable?

Has anyone who got accepted last Sunday get their background check email yet ? Anyone know how long it takes post acceptance ?!

Has anyone who got accepted last Sunday get their background check email yet ? Anyone know how long it takes post acceptance ?!

I’ve been accepted since October and haven’t gotten my background check information yet.