2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine says the same... I'd love to know what is going on with this as well

I emailed them on Friday about this and they said they just havent uploaded them into their system yet but that if we sent them through amcas etc we should be all good. They told me by tomorrow mine would be up, and I got my secondary Friday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got this email: "This email confirms that your Secondary Application to the Georgetown University School of Medicine is complete and has been forwarded to the Committee on Admissions for review."

Looks like we're getting some movement! For all those asking about the LORs, I had the same "issue" for the first day or two; as long as they're assigned, Gtown will get them—don't worry! These things take time.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else show that LOR have not been received? Like wth this is happening on a lot of my apps. I always thought amcas figures all this out -_-

Does anyone have tips for the second prompt? :confused:
(Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters))

Would you suggest discussing an upward trend in GPA, new activities, or something along the lines of that? I am stuck on this for some reason and am trying to write an answer with value to it instead of it just being a filler, if that makes sense?

Does anyone have tips for the second prompt? :confused:
(Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters))

Would you suggest discussing an upward trend in GPA, new activities, or something along the lines of that? I am stuck on this for some reason and am trying to write an answer with value to it instead of it just being a filler, if that makes sense?

Given that it's optional and the diversity and why Georgetown essays are required, I'm leaving this one blank.

On the website, it says that MCAT section scores below 125 are considered non-competitive. Although I am a fairly competitive applicant otherwise, one of my section scores was 124 :( Should I bother to send in a secondary? Thoughts?

I wondered the same thing. That's a new addition to the site. FWIW I have a 124 as well and I received an interview and subsequent WL. I have a feeling that 124 played a part in that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone want to do a "show me yours and I'll show you mine" with secondary prompts? I hate mine as they currently stand, so some feedback would be very appreciated.

I'd be happy to, but I have to write mine first (I'm behind the game this week). Should I PM when I'm done?

So they said to format the essay however we want. Does this imply that we can add a few design concepts to the formatting? Are they expecting this?

So they said to format the essay however we want. Does this imply that we can add a few design concepts to the formatting? Are they expecting this?
I didn't really read it as a design oriented instruction but rather "adjust the margins as you see appropriate." Am I wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be happy to, but I have to write mine first (I'm behind the game this week). Should I PM when I'm done?

I already submitted lol sorry!

Secondary received. Not verified yet

I didn't really read it as a design oriented instruction but rather "adjust the margins as you see appropriate." Am I wrong?

Oh, I am sure you are correct. I'm unfortunately a designer and this comes with the territory. So the question becomes, if I use Helvetica font and make some other changes, will it look bad? They didn't give a font size, either, right? Too many options!

For those who have already submitted - does the 1000 character requirement count spaces? I'm assuming it does until I hear otherwise.

For those who have already submitted - does the 1000 character requirement count spaces? I'm assuming it does until I hear otherwise.
Ok, I just tried it out and it INCLUDES characters.

Hey, I just received my secondary and am trying to log in with provided name and password. It's coming up with an error saying "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again." Anyone else experiencing this?

Hey, I just received my secondary and am trying to log in with provided name and password. It's coming up with an error saying "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again." Anyone else experiencing this?

I am having the same problem!

Same issue! Go to the "forgot my password" button and enter the email address where the original email was sent. Then follow the new email to make a new password.

Reactions: 2 users
Given that it's optional and the diversity and why Georgetown essays are required, I'm leaving this one blank.

Since that first diversity prompt was so specific, I took a different approach than I normally would. Would it be appropriate to talk about a different aspect of my diversity in the optional space? I feel weird leaving something blank. I feel even weirder answering it with something that would be inappropriate.

Since that first diversity prompt was so specific, I took a different approach than I normally would. Would it be appropriate to talk about a different aspect of my diversity in the optional space? I feel weird leaving something blank. I feel even weirder answering it with something that would be inappropriate.

Leave it blank unless you have something that you really want to talk about that you couldn't fit anywhere else. No need to add filler.

Has anyone else received a secondary without your AMCAS application being verified? I wasn't expecting the secondary in my inbox until after my application had been verified. Or does this mean my application is verified, just AMCAS hasn't let me know?

Has anyone else received a secondary without your AMCAS application being verified? I wasn't expecting the secondary in my inbox until after my application had been verified. Or does this mean my application is verified, just AMCAS hasn't let me know?
Just got a secondary this afternoon and my AMCAS hasn't been verified yet. I should be close to being verified based on the date on the AMCAS website that their currently reviewing so maybe they send names and info early?

So I already submitted my secondary but I realized that I used the wrong course to fulfill the english requirement (There was a Focus 195FS and an English 195FS and I put the wrong one). Do you think the admissions will allow me to update this? If so, should I call and change it or use the box to submit updates?
I don't remember having to add any courses.. lol

I called to ask about LORs because thats all I need to be complete. They told me not to worry about it because I will never be accepted to georgetown in the first place.

Edit: They said they are working out the issues and they should be in within a week

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone completed here yet?
I have paid/submitted/sent MCAT scores. Only thing left is that Georgetown says my letters have not been submitted, but since they are up on AMCAS, it must be some sort of delay in processing

For those asking if anyone is complete, I'll drop by and say that I am! I submitted literally day one, and was verified June 19th so that might have something to do with it.

I submitted a little over a week ago and won't be verified for a while and I received this and a few others too. I plan on submitting them all ASAP anyways, but would it matter if I ended up waiting longer than a week?

Can any current student comment on the new curriculum reform? Are they still planning on starting the new curriculum with the entering 2017 class?

I am a current student and to my understanding the new curriculum will start this fall (with this year's entering class). 1.5 years in classroom. Pretty exciting :)

I am a current student and to my understanding the new curriculum will start this fall (with this year's entering class). 1.5 years in classroom. Pretty exciting :)
what is this new curriculum?

Just for reference. I submitted my secondary last year 7/6 and received an II here on 7/21. Gtown is really quick with app review lol Best of luck to everyone applying!

Just for reference. I submitted my secondary last year 7/6 and received an II here on 7/21. Gtown is really quick with app review lol Best of luck to everyone applying!

They're quick for the first wave lol. I was complete 8/2 and didn't hear back until ~2 months. It varies for everyone

Thanks for the comment. This was just the boost I needed to hash out the why Georgetown essay.

The fact that my wife and I have family living in Washington DC (technically Mclean, VA), is a big draw for me. I have two children and being near family will make moving my family across the country much easier. However, is this worth mentioning in the secondary (last essay on "why GU"). I also have a cousin who is currently attending GUSOM, and in general love the area, having visited last year.
It just seems like the location is a big draw for a lot of people, which would maybe make it not worth mentioning. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

From what I've heard, they want to accept people who are likely to matriculate. If you have a family support network, I imagine that makes you more likely to matriculate there. If anything, it doesn't seem like it would hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The fact that my wife and I have family living in Washington DC (technically Mclean, VA), is a big draw for me. I have two children and being near family will make moving my family across the country much easier. However, is this worth mentioning in the secondary (last essay on "why GU"). I also have a cousin who is currently attending GUSOM, and in general love the area, having visited last year.
It just seems like the location is a big draw for a lot of people, which would maybe make it not worth mentioning. What are everyone's thoughts on this?
IMO that sounds more of an acceptable statement to make at the interview. Writing in a secondary that "I really want to go to your school because my family is there" sounds like you have less interest in the school and more so in just being close to your fam

I also have heard that the school would like to accept students that will likely attend. It might be worthwhile though to think about why *Georgetown* because GW of course is also in DC.

On interview day I had such a happy feeling at Georgetown. I knew another school could not compete.

Does anyone know what the deal is with LORs? I submitted my secondary today but it still says my LORs are outstanding. I have them all received by AMCAS and assigned to georgetown but it doesn't look like they have gone through. Does it just take a day or two to process?

I'm also experiencing this problem and I submitted the secondary on June 30th.

I'm also experiencing this problem and I submitted the secondary on June 30th.

Just checked again this morning and it still says my LORs are outstanding. Maybe this warrants a call to the admissions dept. It could just be lag in their system, something similar is happening with my secondary for wayne state.

I wouldn't worry about calling. Everyone's LOR's are outstanding at most schools. Only school that has mine is Dartmouth. Gonna be a very very long cycle if you don't learn some patience. Ha ha

Would it be wise to use the post secondary update tool on Georgetown's application portal, to let them know that I am moving to DC for a new job. I have a lease on a house starting in August and would be a resident of the District of Columbia.