2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know if Dulles has access to the metro? Or is that just DCA?

You can get to the metro from Dulles but it's more annoying - it's not immediately on the metro line so I think you need to take a bus to it, and it's farther out.

Also, just FYI if you're looking for the cheapest flight, consider BWI as well. It'll be less convenient than Dulles probably and certainly less than DCA, but I've often found better flights there, and you can get to DC by public transit if needed.

Members don't see this ad.

If we were complete before 7/10 but did not receive an interview, is it safe to say we are rejected or they passed over our app? I know no news is good news, but it certainly does not look promising

Reactions: 2 users
If we were complete before 7/10 but did not receive an interview, is it safe to say we are rejected or they passed over our app? I know no news is good news, but it certainly does not look promising
Yup, I'm with u. Panic button has been pressed nonstop since monday

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt like I wrote a pretty killer secondary and have not heard anything back yet. submitted 7/14

For the people that got interviews, are there still interview slots open for august?

after selecting a date we cant see the calendar anymore, but I signed up Monday early evening and at that time all of the August slots were already gone and about half of September

Is there an abbreviation for Georgetown or did you write out the full name on your secondaries?

Secondary submitted, app complete. Ahhh going through filling out everything for them definitely made me fall in love with this school. Here's hoping.

Reactions: 1 users
You can get to the metro from Dulles but it's more annoying - it's not immediately on the metro line so I think you need to take a bus to it, and it's farther out.

Also, just FYI if you're looking for the cheapest flight, consider BWI as well. It'll be less convenient than Dulles probably and certainly less than DCA, but I've often found better flights there, and you can get to DC by public transit if needed.

Actually, BWI has a MARC train that goes strait into union station, which is much easier to get to Georgetown than from Dulles IMO. Take red line from union to DuPont then hope on the train or georgetown university shuttle and you gucci.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, BWI has a MARC train that goes strait into union station, which is much easier to get to Georgetown than from Dulles IMO. Take red line from union to DuPont then hope on the train or georgetown university shuttle and you gucci.

Yeah I pretty much only use DCA or BWI so I have very little experience with Dulles honestly, this is a good point!

Yeah I pretty much only use DCA or BWI so I have very little experience with Dulles honestly, this is a good point!
DCA is much better as it has direct metro access. You can also take a super shuttle from any airport to the school, but those are expensive. From Dulles you want take a bus that will leave you in Rosslyn, which is very close to Gtown. From BWI you can take MARC train. DCA would just make life easier.

Verified 7/10 or 7/11 I think... still waiting to hear back............. :'(

II!!! So stoked!!

Reactions: 4 users
me waiting for an II or rejection from here

Attachments

• 15013098-A-skeleton-getting-a-headache-from-paying-bills-Stock-Photo-computer.jpg
    15013098-A-skeleton-getting-a-headache-from-paying-bills-Stock-Photo-computer.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: 5 users
It seems that there a lot of people with really excellent LizzM scores, so great stats. Makes a person wonder whether people with anything other than perfect stats stand a chance here... Hoping for some love in this cycle!

It seems that there a lot of people with really excellent LizzM scores, so great stats. Makes a person wonder whether people with anything other than perfect stats stand a chance here... Hoping for some love in this cycle!

I have a LM of ~68 so you definitely don't need incredible stats to get an II

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone from past years know if Georgetown rejects early or just ghosts until interview season is over? I'm sitting here with a 7/15 completion date, no II but no rejection either...wondering if I can just assume I'm out?

Does anyone from past years know if Georgetown rejects early or just ghosts until interview season is over? I'm sitting here with a 7/15 completion date, no II but no rejection either...wondering if I can just assume I'm out?
I actually just checked this because I was curious of the same thing and a girl who was complete June 29th received an interview July 25th (today) last year after many interviews had already been handed out for later applicants so you're not out of it yet!!

Completed the same day. We submitted on a Saturday so I doubt they're looking at our apps until 7/17 at the earliest. I've only seen one person get a II on this thread from a submission date after 7/15, and they got it two days after submitting it... My app didn't even say it was under review then, not sure about yours. I would say we are fine!

Submitted 7/11 and was marked complete 7/15 and no news

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Marked as complete 7/10 and I haven't heard anything. Feeling a Jalby moment coming on tbh.

if my application is "under review" does that mean they are actively reviewing it or is that just standard for everyone who has submitted? Also for people who received interviews, how soon after the "application is under review" notice did you receive an interview? Thanks!

received II 7/17, submitted secondary app 7/10
stats:
518 mcat
3.919 overall gpa, no idea what my science is, probably around that

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone with II's!!! I'm a little behind in comparison to the rest of you guys. I need some advice. I was going to use the same diversity essay I've been using for most of my apps. However, I feel like the way Georgetown phrases this question, it's almost like it's not a diversity question.

"The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body."

First of all, what does embracing the whole person have to do with how diverse I am? Also, what is the GUSOM community-- the students, the patients they serve...? Lastly, it says "please describe how your characteristics will contribute".. so it's not just about saying how you're diverse, but how will that contribute to the community.

Am I right in thinking this is NOT your typical diversity essay? Maybe I'm unnecessarily complicating things.. :oops: I also feel like the 1,000 characters is so little to address such a long prompt. The prompt itself is like 500 characters.

Congrats to everyone with II's!!! I'm a little behind in comparison to the rest of you guys. I need some advice. I was going to use the same diversity essay I've been using for most of my apps. However, I feel like the way Georgetown phrases this question, it's almost like it's not a diversity question.

"The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body."

First of all, what does embracing the whole person have to do with how diverse I am? Also, what is the GUSOM community-- the students, the patients they serve...? Lastly, it says "please describe how your characteristics will contribute".. so it's not just about saying how you're diverse, but how will that contribute to the community.

Am I right in thinking this is NOT your typical diversity essay? Maybe I'm unnecessarily complicating things.. :oops: I also feel like the 1,000 characters is so little to address such a long prompt. The prompt itself is like 500 characters.

I have just submitted, so I can't comment as someone with an II, but - I agree with your perspective and did NOT use my typical diversity essay for this. My diversity essay is about me being a designer and creator. With this prompt I went with my experience with depression and how I used that as a counselor and mentor. I hope that helps!

I have just submitted, so I can't comment as someone with an II, but - I agree with your perspective and did NOT use my typical diversity essay for this. My diversity essay is about me being a designer and creator. With this prompt I went with my experience with depression and how I used that as a counselor and mentor. I hope that helps!
Thank you!!