2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For everyone worried about the LORs, I knew stalk admissions offices on Twitter would eventually pay off:

2ahh7jk.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email that my application is now complete and off to review. Looks like the issue is fixed!

Any suggestions answering why georgetown secondary question? I was able to write everything fitting half a page, single-spaced. I am having trouble thinking about things to write that is a page long.

Medical students at georgetown, why did you choose this school? What do you like about this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any suggestions answering why georgetown secondary question? I was able to write everything fitting half a page, single-spaced. I am having trouble thinking about things to write that is a page long.

Medical students at georgetown, why did you choose this school? What do you like about this school?

Double space that bad boy and you're money.

I saw in previous messages to single space it?

I did 1.5 spacing last year and received an interview. I figured since they receive something like the third most apps of any school, they'd appreciate brevity. With that being said, if you have more information you would like to put and you'd feel more comfortable having single spaced then feel free to do so. I clearly wasn't accepted off the waitlist, so my information should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else having issues uploading the "why Georgetown" pdf essay? Mine is in PDF format and 27 KB, but when I try to save it I get an error message "Uploaded File is of incorrect type or size." Any suggestions to fix this?

Last year I think they sent out first II July 14 - at least from last years allo thread on SDN. I hope I get one this week :D

Last year I think they sent out first II July 14 - at least from last years allo thread on SDN. I hope I get one this week :D
Yeah, did anyone else get the system maintenance email and see just see the sender and have a mini heart attack before you knew what it was?

Interview Invite!!!

haha just kidding

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked again this morning and it still says my LORs are outstanding. Maybe this warrants a call to the admissions dept. It could just be lag in their system, something similar is happening with my secondary for wayne state.
I hope my lor's are also outstanding! :love:

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone else having problems uploading their photo? Mine keeps uploading horizontally instead of upright.

You're a piece of ****. Ha ha.
Based on last year's thread I thought they might go out today.
But keep in mind that last year, AMCAS sent out the primaries to med school around June 24th, which is all out a week earlier than this year.

II!!!!! First one omg so pumped! I submitted 6/30 and was complete 7/10!!!

Reactions: 10 users
First II! So stoked!!

Reactions: 7 users
do we know if they send mass e-mails at the same time, or one by one?

II!!!!! First one omg so pumped! I submitted 6/30 and was complete 7/10!!!
Congratulations! sorry for my ignorance on this but does "II" mean an interview?!

Same:/ Stats are pretty low and was kinda expecting not to get one early if at all but still it kinda stings haha.
Does anyone know if they do batches of II's and how far apart they might be ?

Same:/ Stats are pretty low and was kinda expecting not to get one early if at all but still it kinda stings haha.
Does anyone know if they do batches of II's and how far apart they might be ?
+3 over here too. Congrats to those of you getting early invites!

I just read through a lot of the thread from last year (aka torturing myself) and it looks like batches of rejections and a few IIs get handed out around the same time (mainly starting end of July). Looks like no news is good news. If you make it through the blood bath unscathed, you still have a shot for II later in the fall
No news is good news is pretty much my motto during this entire process lol chant it like a mantra

So jealous of everyone. My damn committee letter hasn't even been sent yet so I've got a ways to go. Thanks pre health department.

So jealous of everyone. My damn committee letter hasn't even been sent yet so I've got a ways to go. Thanks pre health department.
I'm in the same boat. Committee letter is keeping me from being complete.

Last edited:
II!!!! On cloud nine right now!

Reactions: 8 users
Interview invite received too!! Ahhhh I'm so excitedddd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite received too!! Ahhhh I'm so excitedddd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you guys sure none of your invites were accidentally meant to be sent to me?

Reactions: 12 users
Me hearing about everyone getting interview invites:

But seriously, congrats to those of you that did :)

Attachments

• 145qvv.jpg
    145qvv.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
lol I hope they will send them until 5:00 EST and I hope I get one today :p

somebody that got asked want to make it a package deal and bring me?

II! Complete 7/10. Hopefully this one ends up better than that WL I'm still sitting on!

Reactions: 6 users
u got it just now? hopefully they are sending them in batches!

I believe they do. I think their firewall does that automatically or some other computer buzzword like that. I remember thinking I got passed over last year only to get an II later on. It honestly might have been the next day. I don't really remember.

For those of you who did I'm guessing Via email right?