2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, for people who have heard back recently, how long after your interview did you hear? 8 weeks? more?

(really grateful for anyone who is willing to share about their experience)
I got accepted after 10 weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they already notify the dr Stewart scholarship winners? And was that actually a minority scholarship?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone got financial aid package?
I called into the office of fin aid about 2 weeks ago and they said they are working on them (even though they said earlier that we would get them by mid march or so). I haven't gotten my package yet and I check frequently.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 12/5, waitlisted 2/5, just got the acceptance call and email this morning.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 12/5, waitlisted 2/5, just got the acceptance call and email this morning.
Congratulations! Did you send any updates after the waitlist decision?

Congratulations! Did you send any updates after the waitlist decision?

Yes I sent one letter of intent/ update letter immediately after being WL'd.

Just checked the status of financial aid, and found out that I may have unsatisfied requirement for "Information Release to Parent/Spouse/Donors/Grant Orgs." can anyone check whats your status of the 'student requirements'? Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked the status of financial aid, and found out that I may have unsatisfied requirement for "Information Release to Parent/Spouse/Donors/Grant Orgs." can anyone check whats your status of the 'student requirements'? Thank you so much!
Where does it show that? In myaccess or the accepted students page?

Last edited:
Where does it show that? In myaccess or the accepted students page?
What? Where do you access this stuff? I wasn’t aware that was any other portal access available to us other than AMP at this point...

I see it but can’t we just leave it if we don’t want the award info sent to anyone?

Congrats! Did not know that they were already starting waitlist movement.

What? Where do you access this stuff? I wasn’t aware that was any other portal access available to us other than AMP at this point...
Under the pre-matriculation tab, go to the electronic credentials, you can find the MyAccess and Email login info.

I see it but can’t we just leave it if we don’t want the award info sent to anyone?
I just saw it, I also have it as unsatisfied. I wouldn't worry too much because I haven't seen/ can't find the form to fill out for it to be satisfied. Also I spoke with the Office of Fin Aid and they said I satisfied all the requirements. I might call in Monday to make sure about it but I really wouldn't worry. Its just weird that its the end of March/ almost April and we haven't seen our package yet.

Will the financial aid packet come through the mail or over email? I suspect we will get it before 2nd look day.

I was recently accepted off the waitlist and I sent a letter of interest like 3 weeks ago
out of curiosity... why would you send in a letter of interest to Georgetown when you have already gotten into UVA and FAU... But in particular UVA.. I saw that you posted on something about that earlier

out of curiosity... why would you send in a letter of interest to Georgetown when you have already gotten into UVA and FAU... But in particular UVA.. I saw that you posted on something about that earlier

Maybe he/she likes DC more than Charlottesville. I know every applicant has the right to hoard a bunch of acceptances and still try to get off waitlists if they choose to but god as someone on 2 waitlists and 0 As I wish they didn't.

Loans/ grant awards have been posted on MyAccess! I saw mine was there late last night

Last edited:
Nothing on my end yet. Still shows my GUSoM financial aid app and credit report requirements as unfulfilled, though I had confirmed with the finaid office that they had received it a few days ago.

Saw on my financial aid offer that I have received a medical school grant for financial need. Does anyone know anything about this and if there are any caveats that go along with it?

Just withdrew my acceptance from here. Was accepted back in October but was hoping for some merit aid. Gtown apparently doesn't do much of that. Hopefully one of y'all will get it and become a Hoya.

Reactions: 2 users
Currently trying to justify going here and paying 60k a year in loans vs going to a cheap instate school in an ugly location

Saw on my financial aid offer that I have received a medical school grant for financial need. Does anyone know anything about this and if there are any caveats that go along with it?
Nope, you don't even have an option to decline the need based award because there's no reason not to accept it. It's an award purely based on need/ not merit and I think it says they may just ask you to write a thank you letter to the donors (but I think that's well worth the money).

Stupid question but where do we find the awards on MyAccess? I logged in and everything but don't see a "financial aid" section

Stupid question but where do we find the awards on MyAccess? I logged in and everything but don't see a "financial aid" section

When I logged in I could not see my aid either so I emailed them and then they fixed it for me.

Can someone please answer this.
  • How's the curriculum
  1. Is it P/F
  2. Traditional 2+2
  3. PBL or lecture?
  4. Mandatory classes, recorded lecture, both?
  • What's the class size
  • How are clinical rotations?
  • Is the school laid back or more intense?

Trying to compile my pros and cons between schools. Thanks

Can someone please answer this.
  • How's the curriculum

1. Is it P/F
  2. Traditional 2+2
  3. PBL or lecture?
  4. Mandatory classes, recorded lecture, both?

• What's the class size
  • How are clinical rotations?
  • Is the school laid back or more intense?
Trying to compile my pros and cons between schools. Thanks
1. Yes P/F
2. More like 1.5 + 2.5 (you take step by the end of February in your second year and go straight to clinical rotations)
3. Lecture
4. Not mandatory and lectures are recorded

Class size=200
Not sure what u mean “how are they.”
Seems students are chill but they admit the coursework/ exams are tough and they have to work really hard

Last edited:
1. Yes P/F
2. More like 1.5 + 2.5 (you take are by the end of February in your second year and go straight to clinical rotations)
3. Lecture
4. Not mandatory and lectures are recorded

Class size=200
Not sure what u mean “how are they.”
Seems students are chill but they admit the coursework/ exams are tough and they have to work really hard

Thank You!

Is it a good sign to be o the waitlist for Georgetown? Do they accept a lot of people off the waitlist in the past? When should we expect more movement?

Is it a good sign to be o the waitlist for Georgetown? Do they accept a lot of people off the waitlist in the past? When should we expect more movement?

After April 30

Can any current students comment on what the typical schedules of an M1 and an M2 are like at Georgetown? (How many required things/week, how many hours of lecture/day are recorded and released, hours studying, etc.)

Does anyone know the match results for 2019? I saw a list of the most “popular matched specialities” but I’m curious as to the number that did not match. I know a lot matched in California but curious to know which specialities matched in California.

Does anyone know the match results for 2019? I saw a list of the most “popular matched specialities” but I’m curious as to the number that did not match. I know a lot matched in California but curious to know which specialities matched in California.
Georgetown, as almost every other medical school in the country, publishes their match list online. It can be found here Match List. If you count all the matches listed, you get 200 (exactly the class size) which means no one went unmatched. Although that doesn't necessarily mean everyone got their top choice program or top specialty choice (it is possible to apply for 2 different specialties in 1 cycle).

Georgetown, as almost every other medical school in the country, publishes their match list online. It can be found here Match List. If you count all the matches listed, you get 200 (exactly the class size) which means no one went unmatched. Although that doesn't necessarily mean everyone got their top choice program or top specialty choice (it is possible to apply for 2 different specialties in 1 cycle).

I saw that online but that is a list of matches from graduating class of 2015 to 2019. It also says that list is self reportive which means not everyone reported where they matched. It also doesn’t specify which year each is reported.

I saw that online but that is a list of matches from graduating class of 2015 to 2019. It also says that list is self reportive which means not everyone reported where they matched. It also doesn’t specify which year each is reported.

The graduating class of 2019 is the most recent match.