2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It looks like there are 274 people in the class of 2025 fb group and it shows below it that 23+ members were added in the last week 😭 😭 😭 😭
I think the big wave definitely happened. The majority of people just probably do not use SDN. I think there will still be movement but I think the majority has probably happened. I'm praying they prove me wrong though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got the call from Dr. Dugan about 30 mins ago!!! Got the A!! This is my dream school I can’t believe it😭

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call around 4pm! Third time applicants. Guys, never give up. I am literally laughing and crying at the same time.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
so why does the c/o 2024 Facebook have like 450 members and this years is in the 200s still? does that mean more movement coming?

I got in yesterday and just wanted to give hope to those people who are still waiting. The dean told me on the phone yday that they are having to accept more people off the WL than usual, so don’t lose hope!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I got in yesterday and just wanted to give hope to those people who are still waiting. The dean told me on the phone yday that they are having to accept more people off the WL than usual, so don’t lose hope!
Thanks for the positive vibes:) what’s the status of the group me member count??

fb page is GUSOM class of 2025!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To those of you who have recently got off the waitlist, do you know what the situation is like with scholarships? Can you still apply for them or is it all financial aid/loans at this point?

Did others on the WL receive an email just now stating the class is currently full?

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Was that email sent last year and did it mark the end of WL movement?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if their is a deadline to accept the loans "awarded" to us?

Recent GUSOM grad staying at MGUH for residency. Hit me up if you guys have questions about school stuff. Don't ask me about housing, bars, or single life because I am not single and I don't know ;)

A little about me: In my 40s, married, kids, lived in DC about 15 years. Matched to a competitive subspecialty.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who recently got off the waitlist too, I'm so excited for us all!
Does anyone have the links to the groupme and/or discord? I can't find them.

Do we know how many days people have to accept the offer from the WL? Also what is GT's CTE date? I'm praying for a little more movement. :cryi:

withdrawing my acceptance today. very tough choice. hope it goes out to one of you.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Do we know how many days people have to accept the offer from the WL? Also what is GT's CTE date? I'm praying for a little more movement. :cryi:
I think I had 5 days to put down my deposit... I think Georgetown just goes by the AMCAS deadline, so CTE day is June 15th. I'm sure there will be at least some movement before that day- wishing you the best of luck!!!

• Care
hey y'all, has anyone heard about any recent waitlist movement? I know one SDN-er said they recently withdrew their acceptance.

I've sent 3 letters of interst along with 2 post submission updates (one pre-interview, one post interview and pre-waitlist) and would LOVE to go to Georgetown; but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. I haven't been able to send a letter of intent because I'm also waitlisted at my dream program post interview, and know that would be unethical. Any tips?

Really praying for all of us, and thank you all for your unwavering support throughout this process <3

Last edited:
hey y'all, has anyone heard about any recent waitlist movement? I know one SDN-er said they recently withdrew their acceptance.

I've sent 3 letters of interst along with 2 post submission updates (one pre-interview, one post interview and pre-waitlist) and would LOVE to go to Georgetown; but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. I haven't been able to send a letter of intent because I'm also waitlisted at my dream program post interview, and know that would be unethical. Any tips?

Really praying for all of us, and thank you all for your unwavering support throughout this process <3
Based on this thread, it looks like applicants were accepted off the waitlist after only sending letters of interest - it doesn't seem like a letter of intent versus letter of interest made a difference? But I wonder if it's different now given that they sent that WL email last week? Technically, the portal says anyone who sends a letter of interest will be given priority off the waitlist

Based on this thread, it looks like applicants were accepted off the waitlist after only sending letters of interest - it doesn't seem like a letter of intent versus letter of interest made a difference? But I wonder if it's different now given that they sent that WL email last week? Technically, the portal says anyone who sends a letter of interest will be given priority off the waitlist
Yeah not too sure how they perceive interest vs. intent. Really just wishing there was something else I could do for Georgetown, I feel like I've given them my whole heart and more. Here's to hoping!

Just me again with a totally neurotic question - I know no one has the answer to this but if you were to guess, how many people do you think they waitlisted out of the 1000+ students that they interviewed? GUSOM is my dream school and I can't help but wonder if there's still a chance for me

Just me again with a totally neurotic question - I know no one has the answer to this but if you were to guess, how many people do you think they waitlisted out of the 1000+ students that they interviewed? GUSOM is my dream school and I can't help but wonder if there's still a chance for me
I heard this many years ago from a student there, but for any given week, they accept 25% of interviewees, waitlist 50%, and reject the remaining 25%. But who really knows

• Hmm
  • Sad
I heard this many years ago from a student there, but for any given week, they accept 25% of interviewees, waitlist 50%, and reject the remaining 25%. But who really knows
Do you think that means there are ~500 people on the waitlist if they interviewed more people this year? I realize this information makes 0 difference, but it's upsetting to be so close yet so far away 😥

Do you think that means there are ~500 people on the waitlist if they interviewed more people this year? I realize this information makes 0 difference, but it's upsetting to be so close yet so far away 😥
If they interviewed about 1,500 (they interviewed more this year), then they outright accepted 375, they waitlisted 750, and they rejected 400. Given previous years, they probably accepted 50-100 people off the waitlist due to people declining acceptances, so there is probably close to 600 people currently on the waitlist. However, this is all speculation.

If they interviewed about 1,500 (they interviewed more this year), then they outright accepted 375, they waitlisted 750, and they rejected 400. Given previous years, they probably accepted 50-100 people off the waitlist due to people declining acceptances, so there is probably close to 600 people currently on the waitlist. However, this is all speculation.
Oh wow!! Did they interview more people and offer the same number of spots then? A waitlist of 600-700 seems like a looooot but I guess it makes sense given the number of people interviewed

Oh wow!! Did they interview more people and offer the same number of spots then? A waitlist of 600-700 seems like a looooot but I guess it makes sense given the number of people interviewed
Many schools increased their interviews due to the unexpected increase in applicants. The number of spots in a class is not something that changes as easily, so that will pretty much always stay constant.

Does anyone want to take one for the team and ask if they still anticipate some movement around the CTE deadline? I'm scared to email again :censored:

When did you last email slash what did they say if you don't mind me asking?
I emailed like 2 weeks ago to ask if they were still making WL offers and they said that although the class is full now they see movement up until August. Earlier in the thread someone wrote that they said that they expect movement near the CTE deadline so I just wanted to know if that's still possible

I emailed like 2 weeks ago to ask if they were still making WL offers and they said that although the class is full now they see movement up until August. Earlier in the thread someone wrote that they said that they expect movement near the CTE deadline so I just wanted to know if that's still possible
Thank you! and I'm wondering the same thing - I already sent an email recently so I'm scared to send another as well LOL - it's strange to me that an email was never sent out last year indicating when the class was full :/ it makes me think movement will be even less if at all any

• Sad
Thank you! and I'm wondering the same thing - I already sent an email recently so I'm scared to send another as well LOL - it's strange to me that an email was never sent out last year indicating when the class was full :/ it makes me think movement will be even less if at all any
I emailed them last week and didn't get a response. I'm scared to email again lol.

• Care
Yes that was my worry as well :( saddd. Maybe I will just email again since it doesn't look like I have much to lose lol I will update you guys if they respond

• Care
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! I almost screamed "holy f***" at Dr. Dugan because I am still in disbelief. I genuinely did not think I'd get off the WL for my dream school this late but HERE WE ARE :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! I almost screamed "holy f***" at Dr. Dugan because I am still in disbelief. I genuinely did not think I'd get off the WL for my dream school this late but HERE WE ARE :)
CAN'T BELIEVE I'M POSTING THIS BUT +1!!!!!!!!!!!! Best day ever. Been waiting for this one for what feels like forever!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users