2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess they pulled people from all interview dates and it wasn't specific or anything. Checked last year's threads and it seems like this is probably one of the waitlist waves and we might have another one in like 2 weeks or so.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like there was huge movement this week. FB group went from 184 to 201 :/

Just got an email with the following message:
“Our wait list review at the Georgetown University School of Medicine is on-going as seats become available. Priority is given to those that have submitted a letter of interest.

If you no longer wish to remain on the wait list: Please respond to this email as soon as possible requesting that your application be withdrawn. Please include your full name and AMCAS ID.

Applicants who remain on the wait list will receive consideration until the class matriculates in August unless a formal withdrawal request is sent to [email protected].”

Just got an email with the following message:
“Our wait list review at the Georgetown University School of Medicine is on-going as seats become available. Priority is given to those that have submitted a letter of interest.

If you no longer wish to remain on the wait list: Please respond to this email as soon as possible requesting that your application be withdrawn. Please include your full name and AMCAS ID.

Applicants who remain on the wait list will receive consideration until the class matriculates in August unless a formal withdrawal request is sent to [email protected].”
Hm I didn’t get this email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a confirmation email when they accepted their place on the waitlist? I got the initial email stating I’m on the waitlist but no confirmation after that. I’m starting to wonder if something went wrong on my end.

Did anyone get a confirmation email when they accepted their place on the waitlist? I got the initial email stating I’m on the waitlist but no confirmation after that. I’m starting to wonder if something went wrong on my end.
I did not receive a confirmation email after accepting the waitlist offer.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think there is any confirmation email regarding accepting a place on the waitlist. You can check what they've emailed you on the portal.

So not everyone on the waitlist got the email about potential movement?

I couldn’t view the email until I looked in the “All mail” tab. This might work for you?
Yeah I just checked that and I didn’t see it. Also I checked my communication status history on the portal and my last communication from them was just the WL decision

Ngl now I’m freaking out bc I did get the email…

Hate this so much

Yeah I just checked that and I didn’t see it. Also I checked my communication status history on the portal and my last communication from them was just the WL decision

For reference, I sent 2 letters before my WL on march 21. Did not send a letter since? I’m wondering if it’s been radio silence from me post WL they’re wondering if I’m still interested?? Idk

Withdrew yesterday good luck everyone :)

For reference, I sent 2 letters before my WL on march 21. Did not send a letter since? I’m wondering if it’s been radio silence from me post WL they’re wondering if I’m still interested?? Idk
I got the email and have sent two LOI and an update letter after being waitlisted…so confused about what this means! 😬

I got the email and have sent two LOI and an update letter after being waitlisted…so confused about what this means! 😬
Me too😳 maybe yield protection to make sure that they don’t extend As to people who wouldn’t say yes??

Ngl now I’m freaking out bc I did get the email…

Hate this so much
i think it could honestly go either way don't
do you send the letters of intent the same place you upload update letters

i think it could honestly go either way don't

do you send the letters of intent the same place you upload update letters
Yes on the waitlist letters page of the portal with the text box…unfortunately you can’t label them they just post as text box entries

Tbh I think it’s better you DID get an email.. I feel nervous that I didn’t get one

Withdrawing my spot on the waitlist here!

Much love to Georgetown! I'm leaving DC behind this summer for greener pastures, but I hope everyone who is coming here anew is able to find lots to enjoy in the area! If this is where you are, and you like biking, you're super close to the Capital Crescent Trail leading up into Bethesda Row. Highly recommend the little day trip up there.

That's my nugget of wisdom. Best of luck to each of you!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
What was the glitch?
So one of the admissions officer & and a moderator for sdn commented that there was a glitch in aamc where admissions officers could not really trust the data provided regarding whether or not their WLed students have Pte at other schools. The glitch was fixed last night!

So one of the admissions officer & and a moderator for sdn commented that there was a glitch in aamc where admissions officers could not really trust the data provided regarding whether or not their WLed students have Pte at other schools. The glitch was fixed last night!
is it bad to have planned to enroll for other schools while on the waitlist?

So that schools (even ones that have started rolling out admissions) are expected to Have more A’s?

Last year they started pulling heavily around May 15, I think it's been that way for the last few years! Not sure how this glitch will impact it!

Reactions: 2 users
is it bad to have planned to enroll for other schools while on the waitlist?
Noo I don't think it's bad at all! Sometimes I think it's better because schools feel competitive towards you? 😅 especially if you stated clearly that you will accept their acceptance right away!!

Do we think the class is full? It was so interesting how they had so much WL movement before may 1st

If this helps - GroupMe is currently at 79 people and a few people have left and joined over the past week

Reactions: 3 users
I really hope the class is not full lmao but it seems like it’s not

If this helps - GroupMe is currently at 79 people and a few people have left and joined over the past week
Why is there such a large discrepancy from the facebook group? The facebook group is at like 190. The other school I'm accepted at also has like 30-40 people more on the facebook group than the groupme, but it's like a 100 here.

I guarantee that the class is far from full at this point. Based on last year's SDN thread, they sent out a bunch of A's to waitlisted applicants on May 15th. Plus, I personally know a bunch of current Georgetown med students who were waitlisted and accepted in both May and June

I think we can expect some WL movement either later this week or by the end of next week

Why is there such a large discrepancy from the facebook group? The facebook group is at like 190. The other school I'm accepted at also has like 30-40 people more on the facebook group than the groupme, but it's like a 100 here.
I noticed that a bunch of current students joined the Facebook group to post about housing and such, so I def wouldn't be concerned about that number. Plus I feel like people forget and don't always leave these groups as soon as they withdraw.