2016-2017 University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Date Submitted - 5/31
Date Transmitted - 6/8
Received "Thank you for submitting app, currently being reviewed" email - 7/20
Received II - 7/22

After speaking with a friend and going through the process myself, it seems that you get your interview invite very shortly after that initial email from them. So if you've gotten an email indicating that your application has been received and is currently under review, hang tight :)
Idk if that is true. I got the email 7/11 and so far, nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

Idk if that is true. I got the email 7/11 and so far, nothing.
LOL same. I got mine on 7/11 too. sigh. the wait is terrible, every email I get gives me a mini heart attack

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow I'm still over here waiting for the receipt email. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Got the receipt email today. Transmitted 6/28

I got the under review email last Tuesday and received it again this morning. Transmitted 6/14. Anyone else have this happen?

So what does it mean if we got the under review email, but didnt get a II even though ppl got their under review email that had transmitted after me?

So what does it mean if we got the under review email, but didnt get a II even though ppl got their under review email that had transmitted after me?
Called them and asked this exact question. The lady said that two people independently review your application, so you may just be in a different pile. We still have hope, as it is still very early!!

Called them and asked this exact question. The lady said that two people independently review your application, so you may just be in a different pile. We still have hope, as it is still very early!!

Thanks for that info!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting for under review e-mail, app transmitted 6/28, though MCAT score sent 7/22

I transmitted to this school on 6/13 and still did not get the under review email.... hmmm

Everything transmitted on 7/7/16. Still waiting on under review email.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you for your interest in the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, School of Medicine. Your application has been received and is currently being reviewed by our Admission’s Committee. If selected for an interview, you will receive an invitation via email. Please make sure your email address is up to date with the TMDSAS application center.

We will begin making offers of acceptance November 15th through December 31st. If you are selected to interview, but do not receive an acceptance during this time period, your application will then be considered for the February match. If you have not been selected for an interview by December 31st, then your application is no longer being considered for this application cycle. We will email notification of this final status in January. Please note that no admissions status will be given over the phone.

Thank you again for your interest in UTMB. We wish you a successful application season.

Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. We have received your application and it is currently being reviewed by our Admissions Committee.

Mine just said this....hmmm anyone else get this one?

Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. We have received your application and it is currently being reviewed by our Admissions Committee.

Mine just said this....hmmm anyone else get this one?
Yeah I got the shorter version also

does that mean we are in different groups? like they like the longer version people better?

No II. Mine said:

"Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. We have received your application and it is currently being reviewed by our Admissions Committee. To check on the status of your application please continue to check the TMDSAS website for completeness."

does that mean we are in different groups? like they like the longer version people better?

Probably different people. I don't think I'm better lol. It was from a lady with last name S.

Probably different people. I don't think I'm better lol. It was from a lady with last name S.

Same. I think I got the same S person. However mine just reads:

"Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. We have received your application and it is currently being reviewed by our Admissions Committee."

Considering the large volume of applicants, wouldn't these be automated?

"Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. We have received your application and it is currently being reviewed by our Admissions Committee."

that is the exact one i got. It was from the head of admissions, Theresa Silva

Maybe she changed the email message to clarify common questions from people calling all the time. I know I got neurotic and called a few schools earlier in the cycle too.

I got that 7/25 but havent heard anything. I saw these first interviews received them within 3 days....

We're the bottom of the barrel guys :(

Just received my first II!!! Was not expecting one so early! :)

So i just got a II, and I got the under review email July 19th. I thought I was not selected since others got the under review email after me, but it looks like that does not matter. Like every1 has been saying. Patience

So i just got a II, and I got the under review email July 19th. I thought I was not selected since others got the under review email after me, but it looks like that does not matter. Like every1 has been saying. Patience

That's great to hear! I have been getting kind of scared. What was your LizzyM if you don't mind?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user