2016-2017 University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag me and/or @Ismet and we'll update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying! :pigeon:

Members don't see this ad.

No secondary required for this school! :) @WedgeDawg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
has anybody received an email from them yet saying their application is under review/has been received or anything like that? kinda like what san antonio sent out a few days ago?

has anybody received an email from them yet saying their application is under review/has been received or anything like that? kinda like what san antonio sent out a few days ago?
From looking at the past threads, UTMB emails a confirmation on June 12/13, and interview invites on June 24-26. Good Luck!

From looking at the past threads, UTMB emails a confirmation on June 12/13, and interview invites on June 24-26. Good Luck!
wow that's early for interviews! did you mean july 24-26 or is it actually that early at the end of june? i suppose it could be a quicker turnaround due to lack of secondaries.

wow that's early for interviews! did you mean july 24-26 or is it actually that early at the end of june? i suppose it could be a quicker turnaround due to lack of secondaries.
Yeah the email for II went out June 24 last year

I haven't received any confirmation. Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't received any confirmation. Anyone else?
I asked a couple other people and no one's got the confirmation. I think they are running a bit late to send out the confirmation this cycle.

Still no confirmation from galveston :/

Reactions: 1 users
Called Galveston today- they haven't started reviewing applications yet but are hoping to start tomorrow. Apparently some IT issues have delayed them this cycle.

The lady was really nice!

Reactions: 6 users
We should hear from UTMB soon. I know that they have started reviewing the apps. Just don't ask me how I know :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
We should hear from UTMB soon. I know that they have started reviewing the apps. Just don't ask me how I know :clap:

hear back from them soon as in get our confirmation/app complete emails or get interview invites?

lolol please say it's the latter

anyone heard anything at all? confirmation/app complete emails?

So I called them and we're NOT going to be getting confirmation emails this cycle....we'll just be directly getting interview invites if selected to interview. and those will be sent out mid-july according to the lady I spoke to.

also here are the interview dates for this cycle that i found on their website-

In order to be considered for admission, you must be invited for a personal interview. Invitation letters are sent approximately 4 weeks before the scheduled interview date so that you have adequate time for travel arrangements. Interviews are held on Fridays. Each day we will interview approximately 50 to 60 applicants.

2016 Interview Dates:
August 5, 12, 19, 26
September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
October 7, 14, 21, 28
November 4, 18
December 2, 9, 16

Reactions: 2 users
So I called them and we're NOT going to be getting confirmation emails this cycle....we'll just be directly getting interview invites if selected to interview. and those will be sent out mid-july according to the lady I spoke to.

also here are the interview dates for this cycle that i found on their website-

In order to be considered for admission, you must be invited for a personal interview. Invitation letters are sent approximately 4 weeks before the scheduled interview date so that you have adequate time for travel arrangements. Interviews are held on Fridays. Each day we will interview approximately 50 to 60 applicants.

2016 Interview Dates:
August 5, 12, 19, 26
September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
October 7, 14, 21, 28
November 4, 18
December 2, 9, 16
So the ones for August 5th will be coming this upcoming week, huh?

So the ones for August 5th will be coming this upcoming week, huh?

well yes according to the information posted on this website...but the lady also said invites will start to go out in mid july..
hopefully they come out this upcoming week!

Will today be the day...........

the first interview date is aug 5th so if they're going to give us the 4 week notice they say they do on their website then....it has to be this week :scared:
As an OOS who would be very lucky to interview here, please give me at least 4 weeks heads up, ****'s expensive

As an OOS who would be very lucky to interview here, please give me at least 4 weeks heads up, ****'s expensive
I wonder why the radio silence this cycle though. Last cycle, they had confirmation emails out by the second week of june and then interview invites the third week of june....

I've asked myself this for pretty much all the schools lol. Feels like the schools this cycle are a bit later.
I was thinking it might be because of the new mcat but they definitely had the new mcat last cycle too....

Same here! I'm OOS but I would be so down to move to Texas. I've been in one place my entire life.

I was thinking it might be because of the new mcat but they definitely had the new mcat last cycle too....
Yeah they had it last year, but maybe they are trying to see what those scores mean now, in retrospect. Like, how did the new score affect their admissions process, if at all, and what weight they should be giving it.

I just got a phone call with a unknown area code and freaked out. Turns out it was a salesperson -____-

This is gonna be a long year

Reactions: 2 users
I just got a phone call with a unknown area code and freaked out. Turns out it was a salesperson -____-

This is gonna be a long year
you don't know how many times i've gotten an email notification this past week to only find out it's kaplan or princeton review...

you don't know how many times i've gotten an email notification these past week to only find out it's kaplan or princeton review...

I've limited myself to only checking my email at 12 and 5. Any more than that I'll just go crazy

I've limited myself to only checking my email at 12 and 5. Any more than that I'll just go crazy
my email comes directly to my phone...i literally jump every time it vibrates. and feel phantom vibrations all the time.

my email comes directly to my phone...i literally jump every time it vibrates. and feel phantom vibrations all the time.
My phone virbrates as well when I get emails. It vibrates, I check. I get a lot of junk email and then of course secondaries. The dreaded vibration.

So they are skipping the complete/received email this year and jumping straight to the IIs this year. COME ON!

Got this medicine from UTMB:

Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. We have received your application and it is currently being reviewed by our Admissions Committee. To check on the status of your application please continue to check the TMDSAS website for completeness.

I thought they said they were going straight to interviews?

Hahah finally got the received email. I saw the email from them and thought it was an II, what a tease :shrug:

Reactions: 3 users
they definitely told me they were going straight to interviews... i just got the received email too!

Just got the email too haha

Edit: Transmitted 6/7

Last edited:
Transmitted June 2. Have not received email. Can everyone please post transmission dates of possible? Thanks!

Transmitted June 2. Have not received email. Can everyone please post transmission dates of possible? Thanks!
I transmitted 6/14. It seems like they just haven't processed our apps yet. Probably still doing people in May.