2016-2017 University of Iowa (Carver) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wonder if they accepted people again today.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess final pooled at this point. On the bright side, silence is better than a rejection

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If the cycle runs like last year, then pre-II rejections will go out the third Tuesday in January (next week) and then the final pool notification will follow shortly after (last year the third Wednesday in January).

Thinking the same. Sad day :/
When do we find out final pool results?
Tbh I think we have 2 more weeks of possible acceptance then i think final pool notifcations. Amy said rolling from mid to late january

Tbh I think we have 2 more weeks of possible acceptance then i think final pool notifcations. Amy said rolling from mid to late january
The person I spoke to in admissions yesterday said today was the last week of rolling admissions. The 10th of January could be considered middle-ish. Just saying.

So if we were destined to get a post-II rejection, would we have gotten it by now or are those announced with the pre-II rejections too?

So how many OOS students are accepted off of the final pool? How many OOS are accepted off of the waitlist?

Or are all OOS students who have not received a rolling admissions offer, all lumped together on the waitlist?

So if we were destined to get a post-II rejection, would we have gotten it by now or are those announced with the pre-II rejections too?

My understanding is that post-II rejections will not happen until final pool decisions come in March.

pre-II rejection earlier today, good luck everyone!!

Just spoke with admissions this morning, and the person I talked to said that they are still currently reviewing applicants as part of the rolling admissions phase. He wasn't able to give me a specific date in which that would end, but cheers to next Tuesday at least.

Reactions: 3 users
who do i send a letter of intent to?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
still waiting to hear back after my interview, will a letter of intent help? if so, who should i send it to?

I asked this question the other day and the staff said that Carver does not accept letters of intent, they assume you are interested if you remain in the process.

Reactions: 3 users
I asked this question the other day and the staff said that Carver does not accept letters of intent, they assume you are interested if you remain in the process.

ok thanks!

Just spoke with admissions this morning, and the person I talked to said that they are still currently reviewing applicants as part of the rolling admissions phase. He wasn't able to give me a specific date in which that would end, but cheers to next Tuesday at least.

Thank you for giving us a little hope :)

For those who want a little glimpse into life here at Carver

Reactions: 5 users
Hmm. I must have spoke to someone else in admissions that was new? I was told my name wasn't on the sheet for yesterday so I've been moved to the final pool as yesterday was the last rolling admission. Meh. Who knows at this point.

Hmm. I must have spoke to someone else in admissions that was new? I was told my name wasn't on the sheet for yesterday so I've been moved to the final pool as yesterday was the last rolling admission. Meh. Who knows at this point.
Yeah that's odd. Maybe there has been some miscommunication amongst admission counselors. Did you receive a final pool notification or email? He did say that those would go out at some point once rolling admissions had ended.

Yeah that's odd. Maybe there has been some miscommunication amongst admission counselors. Did you receive a final pool notification or email? He did say that those would go out at some point once rolling admissions had ended.
She said that my name wasn't on the list for rolling admission for yesterday and so it is looking like I'm in the final pool. Maybe the list contained people for a few more rolling admission cycles? I don't know.

Another Tuesday is upon us. Wondering who gets to be the chosen one today... Good luck guys!

When do they usually release decisions

Past acceptances by SDN post time: 8:26 AM, 9:01 AM, 9:23 AM, 2:21 PM (x2), 2:48 PM, 2:54 PM, 2:56 PM, 4:06 PM, 4:13 PM (x2), 7:25 PM, 8:17 PM, 8:56 PM, 9:33 PM, 10:49 PM (x2)

Reactions: 2 users
To those who asked:

I called financial aid to find out when financial aid packages would be sent out. The director said that they will start putting together scholarships and aid tomorrow, but the packages won't be sent out to admitted students until early February.

Best of luck to all waiting to hear back today!

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't hear anything either. Oh well. What's one more week in this crazy process.... haha

It's also possible that no one who uses student doctor network got accepted today... but other people did.

I stand corrected by the post below. xD

Last edited:
ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!!!! Interviewed 11/7. SO PUMPED. Guess I'm a Hawkeye now...

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone's status update on the portal that didn't get in? Does that mean there is another week?

Maybe this was IS week and next week will be the last OOS week....... One can hope

So is it the consensus that we will know if we are in the final pool next Tuesday?

Did anyone's status update on the portal that didn't get in? Does that mean there is another week?
Mine says, "Decisions are being loaded at this time. Please wait for an email." I'm OOS.