2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was that the one about the student meetup the night before the interview? I bet it's just a glitch and I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.
No, it was a different one, but I did get the email about the meetup. I totally agree that it could be a glitch. I wish they would have been a little more clear about how the notification process works though.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get one about the Advisory college or the Office of inclusion and diversity. Interviewed in September

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it was a different one, but I did get the email about the meetup. I totally agree that it could be a glitch. I wish they would have been a little more clear about how the notification process works though.
What was that email? I think the last I got was about the meet up.

I got an email from Mr. Dickerson about the advisory college program, but I think everyone who interviewed is supposed to get one. On my interview day he said that he would be sending out emails about various chats/programs throughout the rest of the cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone found the courage to give them a call yet?

Reactions: 1 users
I got these emails too. I interviewed 10/7

For anyone wondering what CU's post-interview acceptance rate is, here are the numbers from last year according to the US News:

2015-16:
Interviewed: 694
Accepted: 316
Matriculated: 180
Acceptance%: 45.5%

Obviously a portion of acceptances go to the wait list, but 45.5% isn't too bad!!

Here's a list containing the statistics for a few other schools if anyone is interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/premed/comments/4zjzpj/i_got_access_to_the_us_news_and_world_report_with/

so if about 45.5% of us receive this email.... you know...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm feeling hopeful about tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Hoping to get a II here. IS, payment processed end of August

I called. They have not released any acceptances yet.

Reactions: 8 users
The lady was very nice and did not seem to mind at all that I called.

The lady was very nice and did not seem to mind at all that I called.

First of all, we all love you. Secondly, did she give any indication as to when they might release acceptances?

She did not know. She said she thought they were trying for next week.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed today, very laid back and conversational interviews.

According to the presentation they gave at the end of the day today, they're trying to get information (acceptance/rejection/waitlist) to us in about 6 weeks.

I GOT THE CALL!!!!! Accepted! Interviewed the second week of September.

Reactions: 12 users
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 9/16

Reactions: 10 users
Congrats @keesMD @medstudenthopeful16 @ATP1!

Just a quick question - did any of you get an email yet? I missed a phone call with an area code from Aurora, Co and can't think of another reason for getting this... but my inbox does not have anything. I'm 1/2way to celebrating, but don't want to jump the gun.

Congrats @keesMD @medstudenthopeful16 @ATP1!

Just a quick question - did any of you get an email yet? I missed a phone call with an area code from Aurora, Co and can't think of another reason for getting this... but my inbox does not have anything. I'm 1/2way to celebrating, but don't want to jump the gun.

No email yet! Dr. Zehnder implied it might not come until tomorrow. I missed the call myself, but she left me a voicemail. Hope this helps! Fingers crossed for you!

No email yet! Dr. Zehnder implied it might not come until tomorrow. I missed the call myself, but she left me a voicemail. Hope this helps! Fingers crossed for you!
hmmm, no voicemail here. guess this'll be the longest day wait for me.

thanks!

Accepted today!
Interviewed 9/23, OOS.

Last edited:
Ahhhh congrats everyone!!!! That is so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear back from them!! Hopefully I'm not waiting until March! :/ I'm ready to go!!!

Ahhhh congrats everyone!!!! That is so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear back from them!! Hopefully I'm not waiting until March! :/ I'm ready to go!!!

I feel the same way!

Congrats Everyone!

congrats you guys!! that is so exciting!!! I missed a call from a CO number as well, no VM. staying optimistic! interviewed 10/7

Last edited:
congrats you guys!! that is so exciting!!! I missed a call from a CO number as well, no VM. staying optimistic! interviewed 10/7

OMG! I'm going to be going extra crazy now!! I also interviewed 10/7! Was that today that you missed the call?? Eeeeeeee!!!!!

OMG! I'm going to be going extra crazy now!! I also interviewed 10/7! Was that today that you missed the call?? Eeeeeeee!!!!!

yeah!! i called back and it doesn't have an identifying vm, so it could be a political call or something. when i called back immediately it went to VM like they were on a call, and then I tried again and it rang a couple times before going to VM. Good luck friend!!

yeah!! at 1:45 pm. called back and it doesn't have an identifying vm, so it could be a political call or something. when i called back immediately it went to VM like they were on a call, and then I tried again and it rang a couple times before going to VM. Good luck friend!!

Eeee!!! Thank you!!! Good luck to you too!! I hope we both hear back soon!!! Lucky October 7!!

Last edited:
I also got the call!! Interviewed 10/14

Congrats guys ! I interviewed Oct.7th and am glued to my phone haha