2022-2023 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did any other waitlistees get an email invitation to preview day? They started the email with “congrats on your acceptance” which is really throwing me off. Probably just a mistake, but damn 🥲

Jk they sent a follow-up email saying it was in error

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
should've interviewed three fewer candidates :thinking:
Nobody seems to have gotten the joke but Denver’s area codes are 303 (acceptances) and 720 (interviewees)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Is this school finished interviewing? I haven’t heard anything since I was complete end of July. Have they sent pre interview R’s?

Reactions: 2 users
Is this school finished interviewing? I haven’t heard anything since I was complete end of July. Have they sent pre interview R’s?
I have been complete since then too. Have not heard anything yet

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone from 1/20 know when we should hear back?

Anyone from 1/20 know when we should hear back?
Hey, I'm from 1/20 as well, and the dean mentioned we would hear back within 4-6 weeks. From what I've heard, if you get accepted, you will receive a call, and if you get rejected/waitlisted, it will be an email.

I have no heard back yet either.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I'm from 1/20 as well, and the dean mentioned we would hear back within 4-6 weeks. From what I've heard, if you get accepted, you will receive a call, and if you get rejected/waitlisted, it will be an email.

I have no heard back yet either.
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
+ Pre-II R. Tough rejection for personal reasons but c'est la vie

Colorado native. LM 80. 4th quartile Casper. Graduate degree from CU Denver. Work at an affiliated hospital. Pre-ii R.

This process is chaos. :')

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Colorado native. LM 80. 4th quarter Casper. Graduate degree from CU Denver. Work at an affiliated hospital. Pre-ii R.

This process is chaos. :')
Same 🙃 went to CU for undergrad, literally at my job with UCHealth right now. I don't know what they're looking for

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Pre-ii R, interviewed last year and was mid tier WL. Sad )-:

Pre-II R. IS, LM75, 3Q CASPR, work on campus with LOR's from Anschutz faculty. This one definitely hurts.

Any other As today from after 1/18? Or post-II anything?
Also curious on this. I interviewed 2/3 and haven't heard anything today. Not sure if that means I am getting the waitlist or rejection email in the next couple days, or if they just haven't gotten to us yet.

Pre II R this morning. OOS. International :cryi:

Pre ii R, stats near their avg MCAT and gpa, IS, did research at anschutz with letter of rec from CU faculty. Grateful that I got accepted elsewhere but sad that I will have to leave Colorado. Good luck to everyone.

• Care
pre-II R earlier today. OOS. complete 8/15. email was sent to my promotions inbox

Have no respect for this school lol. Pre-II R, instate with most of my activities revolving around Anschutz and the CU system. Looks like some other users have made similar posts. Makes no sense for the states only MD program to have hardly any in-state bias. Seems like they’re only interested in that OOS tuition and boosting their rankings.

Last edited:
  • Care
Also rejected pre interview. And yeah tbh v confused. In state, went to Colorado for my undergrad, 4th Q Casper, research on Colorado health disparities (which I wrote about in my secondary), worked in a Colorado clinic for 2 years, and in Colorado working for my gap year as well. Tons of community involvement and all my letters of rec were from CU professors and physicians from Colorado. Also sad to be leaving Colorado bc I truly did want to serve this community during my education and career, but oh well

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Have no respect for this school lol. Pre-II R, instate with most of my activities revolving around Anschutz and the CU system. Looks like some other users have made similar posts. Makes no sense for the states only MD program to have hardly any in-state bias. Seems like they’re only interested in that OOS tuition and boosting their rankings.
I agree! I have no respect for them either for same reason!

Also rejected pre interview. And yeah tbh v confused. In state, went to Colorado for my undergrad, 4th Q Casper, research on Colorado health disparities (which I wrote about in my secondary), worked in a Colorado clinic for 2 years, and in Colorado working for my gap year as well. Tons of community involvement and all my letters of rec were from CU professors and physicians from Colorado. Also sad to be leaving Colorado bc I truly did want to serve this community during my education and career, but oh well
Sorry. It makes no sense at all!

pre-II R, OOS 2/24. this process is crazy. I cant believe so many of you were rejected despite heavy involvement with the college and local health institutions. Same thing happened with my Alma Mater. I will never understand these pre-II rejections. Maybe they assume you will apply again next year?

Hi everyone! Pre-II R :( received 02-24-2023 3:44pm EST, submitted and was complete August 3rd. Secondary received 7/9. CASPer 4th Quartile, sent in and received August 27th.

Canadian student from Toronto , 3.98 GPA, 515 MCAT, Strong ECs (in terms of employment and volunteering in my opinion but: three hospices over the past 4 years in Ontario, >60 hours shadowing (Emergency medicine mostly, Surgeries in OR), working over a year in a hospital inpatient surgery as a PA, PT during undergrad).

No research though which may have done it but oh well. Congrats to all the candidates who received interviews, and my fellow Rs out there! Goodluck to you all!!!

2/24 pre ii R! Complete in like july. Oos. Held on to the hope for a while but alas :/ lol. Good luck everyone!

Alternate list after interviewing on 1/18. Honestly pretty surprised bc I had such a positive interview day! Have acceptances from my state school at a T20 school, so am considering whether it is worth staying on the WL…

I got the A call just now! Interviewed 1/18
CONGRATS! Just curious what your first and last initials are. Trying to think if the office is notifying in on an alphabetical basis. I was a 1/18 interviewee as well!

Hey! I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how their financial aid packages usually are? Do they tend to give a lot? OOS vs IS?