2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a guess here: depends on how their waitlist is structured. If they just have a list that they go down if/when someone declines, then probably doesn't hurt. However, schools talk to each other, and can see where people on their lists have been accepted etc. So they COULD factor that info in. Given that CU doesn't accept post interview updates, I'm not sure how much they consider this. At this point I'd say they really want a full class, so they're going to offer spots where they know they'll be filled.

I'd agree that at this stage in the game they are probably going to pull someone they know can be there in a week lol. That said, barring some unfortunate circumstances for a student in the class I doubt anyone will be pulled, regardless of current status. See you folks in next years thread!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually received a rejection that was on the waitlist? Are they just not sending them out

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually received a rejection that was on the waitlist? Are they just not sending them out

I got one last week. I was in the bottom tier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one last week. I was in the bottom tier.

Sorry to hear that but I appreciate the response. I'm sure the rest of ours will be coming soon. Wish you the best of luck on the next cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hear that but I appreciate the response. I'm sure the rest of ours will be coming soon. Wish you the best of luck on the next cycle!

Thank you. Best of luck to all of you!

I also got one last week and was in the middle tier.

Just heard that a friend of a friend was accepted yesterday off the top tier! Slots must still be trickling open. Wish you all some luck

I can confirm that applicants were accepted both yesterday and last Friday.

Also, PSA: Top priority waitlist applicants become ineligible for admission offers if they have started orientation/classes at other LCME accredited medical schools. This was unfortunately the case for me (I was not aware of this protocol), and in hindsight I should have breached contact to admissions office to make my intentions of wanting to attend Colorado more apparent before starting orientation at another program. To that end, I think that particular AAMC protocol is one huge factor as to why those in previous years on these threads who were on the HPWL stated they did not get in. It might not have been an issue with necessarily going through the entire HPWL rather than the school taking all eligible candidates on that list.

I can confirm that applicants were accepted both yesterday and last Friday.

Also, PSA: Top priority waitlist applicants become ineligible for admission offers if they have started orientation/classes at other LCME accredited medical schools. This was unfortunately the case for me (I was not aware of this protocol), and in hindsight I should have breached contact to admissions office to make my intentions of wanting to attend Colorado more apparent before starting orientation at another program. To that end, I think that particular AAMC protocol is one huge factor as to why those in previous years on these threads who were on the HPWL stated they did not get in. It might not have been an issue with necessarily going through the entire HPWL rather than the school taking all eligible candidates on that list.

Do you think that email is the best way to do this? I am supposed to start orientation at another school on Monday but would still like to have a last fighting chance at getting in here

Do you think that email is the best way to do this? I am supposed to start orientation at another school on Monday but would still like to have a last fighting chance at getting in here

Call them immediately and explain the situation

Call them immediately and explain the situation

Ah thanks for the advice. Called and the person I talked to didn't seem so receptive, she confirmed that you can be pulled off the waitlist prior to beginning orientation at another school but did not take my name or anything.