2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else having the application say that the "Secondary application process for 2017 is closed." when they click on the link for the secondary? It worked for me Friday and yesterday, but today I keep getting that message.

Yea I noticed that. I think they must be doing maintenance or something because it doesn't close till December.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my payment/secondary on 7/28, but my latest update is still "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application and will begin processing it once payment is received. [Note: Payment processing may take 7-10 days.]". Is this normal? Or do most people's say "under review"?

I was complete 8/4 and my account says the same thing, although I'm still within the 7-10 day period.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my payment/secondary on 7/28, but my latest update is still "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application and will begin processing it once payment is received. [Note: Payment processing may take 7-10 days.]". Is this normal? Or do most people's say "under review"?

I submitted 7/24 and my portal still says that as well.

Full 10 days to post here too. Just takes some time. Waiting is difficult!

From last year, it looks like late august, early september.

Does anyone know if Colorado accepts application updates? I have a new job but can't find any instructions for updating

Does anyone know if Colorado accepts application updates? I have a new job but can't find any instructions for updating

Last year they only accepted updates post-interview, only for people who had interviews. But not sure about this year

Last year they only accepted updates post-interview, only for people who had interviews. But not sure about this year
I applied last year and interviewed and was told they wouldn't take updates...

I applied last year and interviewed and was told they wouldn't take updates...
hach13 is right. They do not accept updates at any point in the application cycle.

As a side note, I've just started my MS1 year here so feel free to PM me if you have any questions! I'll try to check up on this page and answer any questions you may have that I can answer.

Colorado is one of my top choices. I am an out-of-state student, but was born in Colorado (coincidentally in Fitzsimmons Hospital, which is now part of campus) and have a father who is a current state resident.
LizzyM score of 74; very very hopeful for a chance to interview!

Best of luck to everybody else!

Just got a call from aurora, CO and almost had a heart attack but it was one of those credit card calls

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got a call from aurora, CO and almost had a heart attack but it was one of those credit card calls

Just saw a notification for a post on this thread and almost had a heart attack because I thought maybe they sent out the first round of IIs! :unsure:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II today! So excited!!! This has been my dream school forever

Reactions: 1 users
II! Yayyyyyyyyyyy. Love from my state school. :claps:

Complete July 28.

Awesome, congrats to those of you who got an II.

Is it all IS II's so far?

Reactions: 3 users
II! Yayyyyyyyyyyy. Love from my state school. :claps:

Complete July 28.
Just got an II today! So excited!!! This has been my dream school forever
Congrats! Let me know if you have any questions (as a side note if your profile picture has you in it you may consider changing it for anonymity's sake).

Can you apply to a track later? I'm trying to turn my secondary in asap but I'm worried they might wonder why I didn't apply to the track given my experiences lining up perfectly with the urban track.

Can you apply to a track later? I'm trying to turn my secondary in asap but I'm worried they might wonder why I didn't apply to the track given my experiences lining up perfectly with the urban track.
Yes! The applications are completely separate. That and I believe they are in the process of changing tracks so all are decided after matriculation.

Yes! The applications are completely separate. That and I believe they are in the process of changing tracks so all are decided after matriculation.
nice thanks for the heads up!

I submitted my secondary on 8/7 but the portal still says "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application and will begin processing it once payment is received."

Do you guys think I should call, or are they just really behind?

I submitted my secondary on 8/7 but the portal still says "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application and will begin processing it once payment is received."

I submitted 8/4 and my payment was received 8/15. I'd give them a polite call or email.

fwiw, I submitted secondary 7/27, fee wasn't processed until 8/23. Colorado is known for taking a bit more time.

I submitted 8/4 and my payment was received 8/15. I'd give them a polite call or email.
Agreed. I submitted my application in 9/11 and payment was received 9/15 after I emailed them about my FAP.

I sent them a short, polite email. The responded quickly, saying that they were showing me as being under review so perhaps it's just the portal. I appreciated the quick response - very professional.

Any out of state II's yet?
Out of state invites will take a little more time than in state. The school will be filling all of the early dates with in state students who can arrive with less advance notice. Unfortunately, out of state students just have to be very patient with this school but its totally worth it. Another thing to keep in mind is that the date you interview here doesn't mean much in regards to how interested the school is in you, just about scheduling and trying very hard to give people enough notice.

Thanks for the comment, makes sense -- I was curious! Patience it is. Thanks again.

Out of state invites will take a little more time than in state. The school will be filling all of the early dates with in state students who can arrive with less advance notice. Unfortunately, out of state students just have to be very patient with this school but its totally worth it. Another thing to keep in mind is that the date you interview here doesn't mean much in regards to how interested the school is in you, just about scheduling and trying very hard to give people enough notice.

Has anyone else in state heard? Or has just one batch of interviews gone out? Thanks :)

I did write an essay with my secondary but that is not necessary. You just need to apply before school starts (and ideally the summer) because there are limited spaces. In terms of opportunities, I am particularly fond of Spanish opportunities. The track provides funding to take Spanish classes. I am also currently writing this from Nicaragua as part of a CUUNITE sponsored trip to learn Spanish and help out a little bit in the community. I got a stipend for this but I understand the grant expires after this year so future grants are uncertain. We are offered loans from the university for the summer though.

Just as a whole, the track provides a great understanding of the needs and resources for the underserved. The other tracks are also fantastic and I encourage you to look into those as well since you can only join one.

Do you think someone who applying to CU with a 3.7 GPA, 510 MCAT (~32 on the old MCAT), and who is hispanic but OOS has a good chance of getting in? It seems like CU is pretty interested in diversity, particularly hispanic population

Do you think someone who applying to CU with a 3.7 GPA, 510 MCAT (~32 on the old MCAT), and who is hispanic but OOS has a good chance of getting in? It seems like CU is pretty interested in diversity, particularly hispanic population
Super competitive! However, take note of the steep OOS tuition.

II! out of state applicant LM 70-73 Complete August 3rd

Good luck all!!

OMG! I am OOS and just received my very first II!! Colorado is my top choice and I will actually be in Colorado for vacation on my scheduled interview date!! I am in shock and so excited!! The tears are definitely flowing!

Reactions: 4 users
II! out of state applicant LM 70-73 Complete August 3rd

Good luck all!!

Way to go! Are you from any of the bordering states like Montana that CU shows preference for?

Just curious if any us East Coasters stand a chance!

Way to go! Are you from any of the bordering states like Montana that CU shows preference for?

Same boat as you.

But an honest congrats to all of you who just got an II.

I am from Texas so I think you definitely have a chance!! Good luck to you!! :)

II received just now!! OOS (MI). Secondary submitted the same day they sent it out.

Congrats to all of the OOS II! I interviewed here recently and absolutely loved my interview day. I would be happy to answer any questions about it if anyone wants to PM me. Cheers!

I'm from Michigan and thanks! good luck! :)

Anyone IS get an interview yet after the first batch of IS interviews went out?