2018-2019 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all WL friends, I spoke with the admission office today. The WL is still moving and will continue moving until the end of the first week of classes. However,they did say that the movement probably won't be as big as it was during the first wave right after April 30th. At this point it will be as a spot opens, they go down the list. As someone mentioned earlier, no updates are accepted. So, just have a nice summer, relax, and do not forget to share if you receive good (or bad) news! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just want to know how big the waitlist is.. Any ideas? But you're right, let's just try to enjoy this summer. :)

I just want to know how big the waitlist is.. Any ideas? But you're right, let's just try to enjoy this summer. :)
I do not think they will disclose this to us. I just wish they did not put this "high probability" wording in their email, and just sent it to the top of the top priority category :).

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!
For those who received the acceptance call, could you share that phone number? I'm currently out of the country and got a missed call from Denver. I got super excited and decided to call back - but the call doesn't go through. :(

Is cannabis well accepted at this school out of curiosity. Colorado right?

All students are drug tested at the start of school, before clinical rotations, and at that start of residency. It might be legal here, but we've still gotta uphold the national standards.

All students are drug tested at the start of school, before clinical rotations, and at that start of residency. It might be legal here, but we've still gotta uphold the national standards.
Is cannabis well accepted at this school out of curiosity. Colorado right?

While recreational marijuana is legal in CO, and is gaining acceptance nationally, it is part of the 10 panel drug screen and will cause issues for you if you test positive for it. This is something that will be discussed with your class at a later date. It's important to know that professionally, an employer can set different standards, regardless of what is accepted legally. While I doubt there is consensus on this, it's an important thought process you should go through with yourself as you evaluate your professional identity as well as the standards your school and future employers may set. This goes for any substance, really, and not just pot/etc.

For anyone worrying about paying off student debt, CUSOM students gave advice:

Ten Tips for Saving Money
1. Sign up for as many lunch lectures as you can—they almost always provide free food. Take advantage of any leftovers.
2. Visit the Goodwill. No one will ever know, unless you run into them there, which you probably will.
3. Instead of getting an apartment, just sleep in a cadaver humidor. No one
will notice the smell—at least during Anatomy.
4. Go home as often as you can and steal food from your parents. They have a pantry for a reason.
5. Watch television shows online—don’t pay for cable. Laptops and the Internet also exist for a reason.
6. Let the dental students check out your teeth so you don’t need to pay for dental insurance. (Seriously, they have free clinics.)
7. Duct tape. It can fix anything.
8. Ride a bike everywhere you go. Better yet, get a tandem bike and bikepool to school.
9. Write all your notes on a whiteboard to save on paper.
10. Go to business school instead.

But seriously should I start selling plasma now?

Source: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/...ts/Documents/MS I Handbook Temporary 2013.pdf

Reactions: 2 users
Bf got the call about two hours ago!!!! OOS top tier

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also accepted yesterday! IS top tier WL

accepted top tier on the 23rd. sorry for the late post. was traveling in europe and had phone/passport stolen :artist:

• Wow
Accepted the 28th, OOS top tier!

Members don't see this ad :)
Going to join in.. Accepted on the 28th, IS top tier. :)
Hope everyone else hears good news soon!

• Love
Got the call today! Scoreeeeeeeeee!

OOS, top tier. Is there a GroupMe or something for accepted students? Or anything other than Facebook (I'm not one of the cool kids with a fancy Facebook page)?

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call today! Scoreeeeeeeeee!

OOS, top tier. Is there a GroupMe or something for accepted students? Or anything other than Facebook (I'm not one of the cool kids with a fancy Facebook page)?

Yes there’s a GroupMe! Message me and I’ll see if I can add you.

It seems like there’s been a decent amount of waitlist movement... does anyone know if they expect more/ how many people are on the top tier waitlist?
Having no idea what to expect at this point tbh

It seems like there’s been a decent amount of waitlist movement... does anyone know if they expect more/ how many people are on the top tier waitlist?
I have no clue either but did you see they updated the admissions tracker? They forgot to change the date, but apparently they’ve given out 50 acceptances between April 9 and ~ now which I assume all came from the waitlist?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I think only an admissions staffer knows how to answer this question. But I do know that for every one of us top-tier waitlist individuals that got the call, that makes one less individual ahead of you in the acceptance line. The email said that you're likely to receive a call at some point, but it didn't say when.

There's going to be more movement at some point (people dropping from this waitlist or dropping from this school because they got accepted to another school), just keep some faith!

I just got a call today, and I am so happy! I am an IS applicant, on high priority waitlist. I hope to see all of you dedicated people in fall!

• Love
I just got a call today, and I am so happy! I am an IS applicant, on high priority waitlist. I hope to see all of you dedicated people in fall!
Congratulationsssss! That must be a relief considering how late it is. There's a Facebook page for housing and a very helpful GroupMe that have been started. PM me if you want details.

Congratulationsssss! That must be a relief considering how late it is. There's a Facebook page for housing and a very helpful GroupMe that have been started. PM me if you want details.
Hey, your privacy settings don't allow any PM. Can you adjust that ?

hey, has anyone called recently about their movement and such? just an anxious coward here

Called and spoke with the admissions office today. The person I spoke with said that there has been a lot of waitlist movement this year. I asked if they thought there might be any more and they replied that they hoped not but at this time they said it was hard to predict. Can't help but feel a little bummed because the wording in that high priority email really made me hopeful. Best of luck to all of you in whatever your future endeavors may be!

Called and spoke with the admissions office today. The person I spoke with said that there has been a lot of waitlist movement this year. I asked if they thought there might be any more and they replied that they hoped not but at this time they said it was hard to predict. Can't help but feel a little bummed because the wording in that high priority email really made me hopeful. Best of luck to all of you in whatever your future endeavors may be!

that is a bummer. i thought they would go through the high priority list at least.

really dumb on their part. I can only imagine it was a mistake on their end to put that many people on the "high priority" list. I wonder if the change in AAMC traffic rules played a part in that. I know a good number of people with the same status who did not get in. Best of luck!

Wow so I just got the call today! In shock honestly. Guess I need to figure everything out in like a week. Haha.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Sry if I missed this somewhere, but does colorado school of medicine not give you an interview until you take the Casper test (bc application is incomplete)? That being said, is this school follow a rolling basis admissions? I'm taking my Casper Oct 23, I don't know if that's gonna get me wrecked for this school :(

(Canadian guy here, so a bit clueless for this school) Just sent my secondary today