2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone get a confirmation e-mail before your interview and is there a pre-interview social the day before?
Yes, they will email you a confirmation like a week before, and about three days before the interview, one of the students will send you an email about the pre-interview social.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview invite this week, complete mid-September, OOS.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So from what I've read on here, I think it's a rejection via their online portal? But I guess I'm not positive that that's what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
From past threads it doesn't look like they reject anyone until spring

For anyone worried about the secondary payment verification, mine took 22 days to go through. So don't stress too hard if it takes a while :)

Is there an update in the portal when payment has been processed? I submitted payment on 7/24 but have not received any confirmation...

Reactions: 1 user
Is there an update in the portal when payment has been processed? I submitted payment on 7/24 but have not received any confirmation...

Yeah, I didn't get an email but my portal updated with "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application payment. Your application is under review by the Admissions Committee."
Took it 25 days to process.

Any details from someone who has already interviewed? How did it go? Typical questions?

Any details from someone who has already interviewed? How did it go? Typical questions?
super casual interview style, but pretty standard questions; "when did you fail?", "how do you learn best?", etc., and then kinda going through your application activities and elaborating. as mentioned previously, the interviewers are all volunteers so they're not necessarily knowledgeable about school statistics, just be careful with the questions that you come up with for them. anything else you want to know?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they are not releasing acceptances today.

I interviewed on Friday and they told us they were planning on releasing acceptances today for the prior groups

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on Friday and they told us they were planning on releasing acceptances today for the prior groups

Like ALL the prior interview groups?? Or they didn't specify?? I want to go here so bad!!!!!

Like ALL the prior interview groups?? Or they didn't specify?? I want to go here so bad!!!!!

They didn't really specifiy. Just made it clear that it wouldn't be our group (10/14)haha. And I know, same here! Such an incredible program

It seems unlikely that not a single accepted person used sdn. But then again, you never know!

They didn't really specifiy. Just made it clear that it wouldn't be our group (10/14)haha. And I know, same here! Such an incredible program

Thanks!!! I interviewed on the 7th and I know it's early to want to hear back so soon but I'm ready to move to Colorado!!

Thanks!!! I interviewed on the 7th and I know it's early to want to hear back so soon but I'm ready to move to Colorado!!

Woo! Fellow Oct 7 person! I too am waiting impatiently. I am in love with this school!

I have not heard anything. At this point I just want to know if acceptances were sent out. If I got news from them I was going to cancel an interview. Looks like I may need to buy a flight.

I have not heard anything. At this point I just want to know if acceptances were sent out. If I got news from them I was going to cancel an interview. Looks like I may need to buy a flight.

Ditto

On my interview day, they seemed to imply that they would be sending all notifications (rejections, wait list, and acceptances) right away unlike in past years when rejections and WL were sent at the end of the cycle. Did anyone else get that impression?

Last edited:
Looking back on the threads from previous years, it seems as if people hear ~1 month after their interview date. Although I'm sure that won't keep anyone (me) from staring at their phone all day

Looking back on the threads from previous years, it seems as if people hear ~1 month after their interview date. Although I'm sure that won't keep anyone (me) from staring at their phone all day

Trust me I'm doing that all day long. It's obsessive......

Did anyone else get the advisory college program email from Dr. Dickerson?

September 30th. I'm not sure if it means anything but its the first thing I've seen come from Dickerson himself.

Yup, got the email. Super confusing... Are they sending this to everyone who interviewed?

I interviewed in early Oct and I too got the email.

My current reaction :laugh:
an-interesting-reaction.jpg

It seems statistically unlikely that no one would have reported an acceptance if they did indeed go out Monday. However, I'm so confused since I was under the impression a decision would be released. Someone should call haha.

Their tracker also has not been updated since Oct 13 so hard to tell as well.

super casual interview style, but pretty standard questions; "when did you fail?", "how do you learn best?", etc., and then kinda going through your application activities and elaborating. as mentioned previously, the interviewers are all volunteers so they're not necessarily knowledgeable about school statistics, just be careful with the questions that you come up with for them. anything else you want to know?

Great, thanks! Good luck to you!

Yup, got the email. Super confusing... Are they sending this to everyone who interviewed?
Got that email and saw "CU School of Medicine" in the email title... not as bad as the NYU Twitter Chat emails, but talk about getting excited for nothing.... Unless we're accepted and they just haven't let us know yet (wishful thinking).

Yeah the way it is written is like it is for accepted students. But it looks like everyone with an interview has received it.

Has everyone who has interviewed been receiving emails other than this one? I have received nothing so far and I'm starting to wonder if they actually have my email address.

Interesting. Did you get the emails for interviews? Did you change your email in AMCAS since then?
Yeah, the last email I got was from the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. That's why I'm saying this email probably isn't going to everyone who interviewed. Don't mean to get anyone's hopes up or dash them, but I never got an email about the advisory colleges.

Is there any brave soul among us who would like to call the Office? It's strange that they haven't released their decisions yet. Or is everyone who's been accepted too busy celebrating to come to SDN?

Yeah, the last email I got was from the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. That's why I'm saying this email probably isn't going to everyone who interviewed. Don't mean to get anyone's hopes up or dash them, but I never got an email about the advisory colleges.
Was that the one about the student meetup the night before the interview? I bet it's just a glitch and I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.