2018-2019 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people attending second look day, did you get a confirmation email after you registered? I filled out the form online but haven't gotten any emails since...

+1 as well. No updates or confirmations yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is lecture attendance mandatory here? I read somewhere that it was, read elsewhere that it wasn't lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the daily schedule? What time are classes and when are the mandatory meetings etc?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when in April the waitlist tier email goes out?

Accepted, surprised because I didnt think my group interview went well lol

Members don't see this ad :)
The second look day schedule just got emailed out

Did anyone who interviewed not hear back any decision yet? I interviewed first week of February and still haven't gotten any updates back yet.

No updates whatsoever on my e-mail (spam included) or portal
My guess would be that there are still a few applicants they are trying to decide where to place (A, W, or R). It definitely would not hurt to give them a call and politely ask about the status of your application. Good luck!

Anybody heard back about scholarships or know when they'll be notifying recipients?

Has anyone committed to enroll here and received additional info like class schedules, recommended materials, etc? Would you mind sharing?

Curious about this too, any info?

From the second look, it seemed like classes are in the morning (like 8-12), but are not mandatory.

In preclinicals, students have a once weekly mandatory PBL session in the afternoon (this varies in length). If you are in one of the tracks, they also have a mandatory elective on Wed afternoon 1-3. I think during anatomy, the lab is in the afternoon.

Some other classes (foundations in doctoring) are also required, but I’m not sure the frequency or if they are morning or afternoon. You also have a preceptor experience for 4 hours 2-3 times a month.

Just withdrew my acceptance from here. I hope people still waiting will see some movement by the 15th!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my acceptance from here. I hope people still waiting will see some movement by the 15th!
Thank you. Been on the waitlist since October.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone committed to enroll here and received additional info like class schedules, recommended materials, etc? Would you mind sharing?
I'm a current student. Hold off on getting any materials. Do not buy anything now. Do not study over the summer. It won't help, and you should enjoy this last opportunity to do things you won't have time for in medical school. Talk to MS2s closer to when classes start. Most people have bought 1-2 books so far, probably a fair number haven't bought any. MS1s get paired with an MS2 buddy and some MS2 buddies have books or other resources that they'll give to their MS1. Doesn't happen for everyone, and those resources may or may not be helpful, depending on who you are. There's a lot of variation between what people use and think is helpful. But MS2s can tell you what "required" resources were actually required, etc.

Your schedule will vary from block to block and as the school is bringing a new curriculum in, it's possible that your class's experience will be different from the class before yours. However, this is how things are for current MS1's:

Human Body Block - expect to be in class, in the anatomy lab, or working with standardized patients 8:00-5:00 most days of the week, with an hour for lunch. Some lectures are required. ~90% of the class attends all lectures in person during this block.
Blocks after HBB - classes go 8-noon. Most are not required, but some are. Most students do not regularly attend lecture. PBL is 2 hours in the afternoon once a week (required). You get your preceptor assignment in November and in your second semester you will spend an average of a few hours per week with them. In the spring, IPED (inter-professional learning) begins and takes a few hours per week for about 10 weeks (required). You're allowed to sign up for electives after HBB is over, as well as participate in tracks or do research, etc. Things are much more flexible after HBB, but there are more things to juggle.

If anyone has questions - any - feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 5 users
Just called admissions office. They said tier email is going out in 1-2 weeks

has anyone heard back about scholarships yet? thanks!

Apparently at second look day they said financial aid packages would go out Monday which includes scholarships. Not 100% on that though.

Just received a scholarship e-mail! Hoping for good news for everyone soon :)

Has anyone received a finaid package yet? I find it hard to make a decision without having that in hand first

EDIT: Jk it's in our school email!

Oh my thank you for this, I wouldn’t have checked there!!

Anyone heard from admissions yet on waitlist groupings?

Talked to them 2 Wednesday's ago, they said the email would go out in 1-2 weeks. It didn't go out last week, so it should go out sometime this week! But adcom be hella flakey so we'll see

Talked to them 2 Wednesday's ago, they said the email would go out in 1-2 weeks. It didn't go out last week, so it should go out sometime this week! But adcom be hella flakey so we'll see
True that!

Current med students: whats the difference between 21 Fitz and Forum Fitz. Also, what other apartment complexes are within walking distance of the school?

Omg top priority waitlist just now!!!

Did everyone get a waitlist update just now, or have only top priority people so far?

So it says that they generally offer 270-300 acceptances. On the admissions tracker is says that they have already offered 295, could this possibly mean there will be less acceptances of the waitlist?

Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the waitlist?

So it says that they generally offer 270-300 acceptances. On the admissions tracker is says that they have already offered 295, could this possibly mean there will be less acceptances of the waitlist?

Also, yes, the email says that, but Dr. Z said they offered 330 acceptances last year at my interview...

also, where are people finding the admissions tracker... i have only seen the screenshots people have posted on this thread