2021-2022 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
where do i find more of these admissions trackers?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if Colorado has good waitlist movement for OOS applicants? Loved this school but I got placed on the alternate list and they don't accept update letters/loi so all I can do is wait and hope
I got into CU off the waitlist this past cycle. Sometime in the spring - maybe April or so I think - you will get an email that tells you which tier of the waiting list you're in. So it'll say high, medium or low priority. Even with that - it is really hard to know how much that list will or won't move or how many people are even in each group. I know that for last year there were people on the HPWL (high priority wait list) that didn't get in but the year before that people from the middle tier got in. Last year it felt like the only way to know if it was moving was if the tracker was updated or if someone on here posted anything. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today!! IS LM 76, submitted early August!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Were the folks who interviewed in late-December expected to receive decisions today?
I interviewed 12/17, and they said that it would take 4-6 weeks to receive a decision! So I think this is the 4-week mark, but my guess is that if the 12/3 interviewees haven't heard anything yet, that the 12/17 folks will still be another week or two.

Someone a couple posts earlier said they interviewed 12/3 and heard back before the break. Perhaps next week the round of 12/17 will hear back. Was there an interview day today (1/14)?

Yeah it seems like a lot of people are hearing back on Mondays so maybe us 12/17 people will hear back next Monday?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah it seems like a lot of people are hearing back on Mondays so maybe us 12/17 people will hear back next Monday?
I would think 12/17 would hear back on a Friday because it seems like earlier this cycle, CU gave out results on Friday so hopefully either this Fri or next Mon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think 12/17 would hear back on a Friday because it seems like earlier this cycle, CU gave out results on Friday so hopefully either this Fri or next Mon.
Makes sense. I just remembering that the first wave of 12/3 acceptances came out 12/20, which is a Monday but I haven’t looked back at any other dates

Makes sense. I just remembering that the first wave of 12/3 acceptances came out 12/20, which is a Monday but I haven’t looked back at any other dates
Looking back to earlier posts in the thread, it looks like A calls were on Fridays (i.e. Sept 17 interviewees were called Friday Oct. 15th). But I feel like interviewing right before the holidays really threw a wrench in the normal timeline lol

*edit: The further along I read, the more A calls I see happening on Wednesdays :oops:

Last edited:
Acceptance call just now, 12/17 interview

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
A!! 12/17 interview, IS. Sending good vibes everyone's way!

For all my peers who got accepted yesterday, does anybody know when we'll get an email/portal update/something in writing? I know this is neurotic, but Colorado is one of my dream schools and was kinda a longshot at beginning of the cycle and I'm scared I'll get Mayo Clinic'd or the Cincinnatti treatment

For all my peers who got accepted yesterday, does anybody know when we'll get an email/portal update/something in writing? I know this is neurotic, but Colorado is one of my dream schools and was kinda a longshot at beginning of the cycle and I'm scared I'll get Mayo Clinic'd or the Cincinnatti treatment
I was accepted a while back, and the email came the following day between 10 am and 1 pm mountain time. You got a call from the dean of admissions. You have nothing to worry about.

Interviewed on 12/17 and got the acceptance Wednesday night! OS (NC resident) non-traditional. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if there are any upcoming second look days? I didn't see any information in the AMP portal or on their website.

Does anyone know if there are any upcoming second look days? I didn't see any information in the AMP portal or on their website.
Would also like to know. Especially considering that we have to submit branch preferences within a couple weeks.

Would also like to know. Especially considering that we have to submit branch preferences within a couple weeks.
So earlier in December they sent me an invite for a Second Look in February, but the deadline for signup was Dec 31 last year. They mentioned in the email there would be additional events, so I would not worry about this until they send you guys the email. If you’re trying to make a decision between branches I would reach out to current students at the branches - I vaguely remember them mentioning this on my interview day, so I’m sure admissions could connect you.

So earlier in December they sent me an invite for a Second Look in February, but the deadline for signup was Dec 31 last year. They mentioned in the email there would be additional events, so I would not worry about this until they send you guys the email. If you’re trying to make a decision between branches I would reach out to current students at the branches - I vaguely remember them mentioning this on my interview day, so I’m sure admissions could connect you.
Thanks! How long after acceptance did they provide more information about second look day, etc.?

Thanks! How long after acceptance did they provide more information about second look day, etc.?
One week. Then again, I got my A 12/8 and the email was sent out to all the acceptees 12/15, so I really would not use this data point to make any inference on when you’ll get a second look email. Those seem to follow a fixed schedule, while acceptances are rolling. Just chill out man it’ll come when it comes

Just got an email for a preview day but it’s limited to only 50 people lol

Just got an email for a preview day but it’s limited to only 50 people lol
They have been doing preview days since December. Each visit is an acceptance cohort. So if you were accepted you will likely be able to attend even though it is only 50 people.

Does anyone have ideas on how to increase my chances at an interview here? this is my top choice

Does anyone have ideas on how to increase my chances at an interview here? this is my top choice
Lol that would be nice to know, given they don’t take updates :/

OOS submitted early August, haven't heard anything from admissions

Reactions: 1 users
Don't lose hope. I believe CU will continue to send out interview invites through early-Feb to possibly mid-Feb.
I'm IS and my app was not complete until late September, also waiting on an II. They do interview through early March and send out IIs through February so there's still time. That doesn't change the fact that the wait to hear anything has been rough. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm IS and my app was not complete until late September, also waiting on an II. They do interview through early March and send out IIs through February so there's still time. That doesn't change the fact that the wait to hear anything has been rough. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
We are an awful lot alike. Also IS, late applicant, waiting for II, and it’s been ROUGH. Let’s hope they’re coming

• Care
I wish they receive updates ;( they don’t right?

Does anyone know when they send out their last interviews?? This is my top school and I am still trying to hold on to hope

• Care
Does anyone know when they send out their last interviews?? This is my top school and I am still trying to hold on to hope
I think their last interview day is either the last Friday of February or the first Friday of March?

Last edited:
Reading through past Colorado forums here, it sounds like the last IIs go out around March 1st.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users