2016-2017 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take y'alls status to change from Under Review to "interview requested or remain under consideration"? I've been "under review" for 2.5 weeks now and it just seems like that is longer than the usual. FWIW, I'm OOS with a LM of roughly 70. Submitted last week in August
"Yall's?" You sure you're not in-state???

...only kidding. I'm living in GA right now, and my wife (and everyone else) use Y'all :thumbup:all the time.

Anyway... I received an email from Alabama a couple months ago inviting me to apply, and I got another one inviting me to apply to their MD/PhD program. Is it too late to release my primary application to the school at this point? Every school is so different that I'm not sure if it would be worth the extra time and money to apply here at this point. Upon browsing the website, I was surprisingly impressed! Thoughts, anyone?

EDIT: MCAT = 512. GPA (after 3 undergraduate degrees and some graduate courses, mind you) ~ 3.0 on a good day. Other than GPA, my apps should be pretty stellar.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Has anyone been having technical issues with the secondary site? I have been trying to submit my secondary since August, but I cannot "mark as complete" and when I hit "submit" the site says that none of my sections are complete- even when I have gone through and marked everything. No green checks by complete, if that makes sense?

I have tried to email/phone the school multiple times but haven't gotten any help. I paid the application fee because I thought that might be the problem, but still nothing.

Any ideas or help?

Your browser may be cached from previous log-ins etc. I would log out. Close out the internet browser you are working (if on a Mac, quit the program). Then restart with a new browser- prefer Chrome or Firefox. Check your settings on pop up blocks (make the website full access). Access the secondary link through the original email you received and go from there.

But when I read your issue, I think you haven't hit the complete button on every section of the application. Have you done this on each page and not just saved the work?

From the secondary site:
"When you have completed a page, at the bottom of each page, click “Mark as Complete.” To help you keep track of your progress, selecting “Mark as Complete” will put a check mark next to that page in the table. You will not be able to submit your Secondary until all pages of your Secondary are checked “Complete.”

Does anybody know when was the last time that IIs went out? It's just so quiet here..

Does anybody know when was the last time that IIs went out? It's just so quiet here..

Was just about to ask this...its so nerve-racking waiting on UAB

Reactions: 1 user
"Yall's?" You sure you're not in-state???

...only kidding. I'm living in GA right now, and my wife (and everyone else) use Y'all :thumbup:all the time.

Anyway... I received an email from Alabama a couple months ago inviting me to apply, and I got another one inviting me to apply to their MD/PhD program. Is it too late to release my primary application to the school at this point? Every school is so different that I'm not sure if it would be worth the extra time and money to apply here at this point. Upon browsing the website, I was surprisingly impressed! Thoughts, anyone?

EDIT: MCAT = 512. GPA (after 3 undergraduate degrees and some graduate courses, mind you) ~ 3.0 on a good day. Other than GPA, my apps should be pretty stellar.

Haha... Hey, I said I'm not from Alabama, but that doesn't mean I'm not from the South ;)

Changed from Under Review to Remain Under Consideration for Interview today

For those who got this status and got the II, how long did you guys have to wait?

Changed from Under Review to Remain Under Consideration for Interview today

For those who got this status and got the II, how long did you guys have to wait?

Mine has been under that status since October 16th, but others received II 2-3 weeks later. I'm slowly losing hope :/

Ahhhhh, don't lose hope yet!! Hopefully we'll both get interviews soon!!
Thanks for the positive vibes!! After tomorrow they are not hosting interviews until December, so maybe in that time they'll send out the next round of IIs

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UAB (and South for that matter) is receptive to update letters (non-reapplicant). I started my current job as a scribe in between my primary and secondary, and barely mentioned it. I'm considering writing an essay and attaching a letter from my boss. Both would be pretty strong and highlights of my app if available at the time.

Does anyone know if UAB (and South for that matter) is receptive to update letters (non-reapplicant). I started my current job as a scribe in between my primary and secondary, and barely mentioned it. I'm considering writing an essay and attaching a letter from my boss. Both would be pretty strong and highlights of my app if available at the time.

UAB does not accept updates unless you are a re-applicant.

UAB does not accept updates unless you are a re-applicant.
Okay thanks, so pretty much just save it for an interview, if there is one. Do you know if South is the same way?

First time re-applicant and my secondary status has been "Submitted and in Process" since September. Will UAB not move my status to "Secondary Complete Remain Under Consideration for Interview" until January 1? I know they wait till then so that re-applicants have ample time to update their applications.

First time re-applicant and my secondary status has been "Submitted and in Process" since September. Will UAB not move my status to "Secondary Complete Remain Under Consideration for Interview" until January 1? I know they wait till then so that re-applicants have ample time to update their applications.
I'm a re-applicant as well and yes we will stay in the status of "Submitted and in Process" until January. They won't even look at your app until then :(
Make sure you send in an update letter telling UAB how you improved over last year in January. They won't look at your letter until then as well. DOUBLE :( :(

I'm a re-applicant as well and yes we will stay in the status of "Submitted and in Process" until January. They won't even look at your app until then :(
Make sure you send in an update letter telling UAB how you improved over last year in January. They won't look at your letter until then as well. DOUBLE :( :(

I hate to even like this but the advice / info is correct, so a like it is ;)

Any interview invites???

seriously!! anyone??
Their next interview is 12/1 and 12/8, but since no one has been getting II for the past 3 weeks (or at least not posting on SDN), I feel like they have already filled up the interview spots for 2016.

If UAB sends a "Happy Thanksgiving" email tomorrow without an II, I might lose it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello! Need some advice and piece of mind.
I'm an OOS student and I currently go to UAB for undergrad.

I submitted my secondary 09/04/2016 and have not heard back for and interview. My secondary application went to "Secondary complete and under review" around October 10th after my committee letters were submitted by my pre-health advisor so it's been about 1 1/2 months.

How long do you think I'll need to wait?

Thank you!

Second batch of acceptances for regular decision came out this past monday. I'm still waiting for an acceptance from them. Hoping for next month.

Second batch of acceptances for regular decision came out this past monday. I'm still waiting for an acceptance from them. Hoping for next month.

Hopefully they'll send out II soon then? I haven't heard of anyone getting an II since earlier this month.... :/

Hopefully they'll send out II soon then? I haven't heard of anyone getting an II since earlier this month.... :/
I honestly wouldn't expect them to send a lot of II until January (if any) since they say on their website they only interview on "most Thursdays". There are probably only 2-3 more weeks of class for this semester before they close for the break and I doubt they have yet to invite those people already, although I obviously may be wrong about that.

Well I didn't realize this but it looks like there are only 6 interview dates left... They only interviewed on Nov. 3 and 10 according to their website, so that explains why we haven't heard much of anything lately.

December 1, 2016- Afternoon Session
December 8, 2016- Morning Session
January 12, 2017- Afternoon Session
January 19, 2017- Morning Session
February 16, 2017- Morning and Afternoon Session
February 23, 2017- Morning Session

Does anyone know what percent of the Jan and Feb interview dates go to reapps vs first time apps still waiting to hear back.

does anyone know when we should expect to hear back...LOVED this school but good lord that mmi was intense

I am an OOS applicant with no real ties to Alabama but from a neighboring state. Any idea how UAB feels about OOS students?

Still on "considered for a possible interview" status :(

Can you tell us your experience with the mmi?
All MMI's make you sign a nondisclosure contract of sorts, so all I will say is to relax and be yourself and don't freak yourself out. If you feel like you didn't perform your best at a station just let it go and move on when you get to the next one.

For the MMI, can you write stuff down and bring it with you for the station? I doubt this breaks the NDA

Did everyone get the "You're Invited" email from UAB for the webinar. That was cruel.

Reactions: 4 users