2016-2017 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
[/QUOTE]
Been stuck at the post evaluation but no interview invite for a while now. Did anyone try calling the school? I keep getting the voicemail.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same here

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else hear that a wave of acceptances might be sent out in the next week or two?

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else hear that a wave of acceptances might be sent out in the next week or two?

I haven't heard anything specific, but last year batches of acceptances went out in mid-February and at the end of February.

Reactions: 1 users
Wondering if they're still sending out II's... losing hope :(

Do out of staters ever get put on the waitlist? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I interviewed in December and haven't heard back should I start considering moving on?

Do out of staters ever get put on the waitlist? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I interviewed in December and haven't heard back should I start considering moving on?
I heard in a past thread that OOS do not get put on the waitlist but the waitlist doesn't come out until end of April or early May I believe so there should we some more acceptances before you need to worry.

UAB strikes again with their mass emails....:unsure:

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard in a past thread that OOS do not get put on the waitlist but the waitlist doesn't come out until end of April or early May I believe so there should we some more acceptances before you need to worry.
UAB is slow to send out acceptances. Two friends who are current UAB M3s weren't accepted until mid April and they were accepted everywhere they applied. 1 in state, 1 out, same acceptance date.

No interview letter yet, only Feb 16 and 23 interview dates left!!!

Has anyone tried contacting the school? Haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. I guess I can take it as a silent rejection.

I got an II around the end of January. I am scheduled for 02/23, it was the only date that was available. OOS!

What are the Interviews here like? How many stations for the MMIs?

Good luck today! I believe it is the final interview of the season so make it count! :)

Has anyone gotten or heard of anyone getting accepted during the month of February?

Here's a link/file that shows guidelines and rules for the med schools' admission processes. It's dated 2014 (so there may be some updates). By March 15th, all AAMC schools are "recommended" to offered acceptances equaling the number of available spots in their program. I assume that this is when the schools would create their wait list. The other important date is April 30th. This is when applicants holding multiple acceptances are pressured by the schools to make a final decision. This should open up spots on the wait lists. Good luck everyone!

https://www.aamc.org/download/364264/data/2014trafficrules.pdf

If we haven't heard anything by now, I guess we can expect to be on the alternate list?

If we haven't heard anything by now, I guess we can expect to be on the alternate list?
I don't think anyone that interviewed January 19th or later has heard a decision from the committee. Based on this thread, the last round of acceptances went out January 20th.

I don't think anyone that interviewed January 19th or later has heard a decision from the committee. Based on this thread, the last round of acceptances went out January 20th.

Accepted earlier today, interviewed in October

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted today, what were your stats? I'm curious as to what gpa and mcat ranges they are accepting now...

Accepted today; reapplicant interviewed on 2/16, LizzieM ~74 IS, no campus assignment yet.

Does anyone know (or have a feeling lol) if they've offered the number of seats equaling class size already, or will there be another acceptance date before march 15?

Does anyone know (or have a feeling lol) if they've offered the number of seats equaling class size already, or will there be another acceptance date before march 15?
There's an interview on March 10th, so I'm assuming one more batch will go out before the 15th.

Accepted today; reapplicant interviewed on 2/16, LizzieM ~74 IS, no campus assignment yet.
Congrats! I interviewed same day. Did you happen to be in the tour group that was relatively small and a guy ran into the wall? Cause if so, then that was me

Just got rejected post-interview. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Post interview rejected as well. No complain as I didn't interview well. Good luck everyone else!

Congrats! I interviewed same day. Did you happen to be in the tour group that was relatively small and a guy ran into the wall? Cause if so, then that was me
Haha I'm honestly not sure, I was in a small tour group with a blonde med student in her second year as the tour guide.

So as an incoming MS1 here how viable is it to commute 30 minutes (assuming no traffic; I'll work around it with early gym time or staying late if need be) to campus as opposed to getting an apartment much closer? I'd like to save money by living with my parents but idk if we're expected to be on campus on short notice at any point? Thanks!

Just got an email saying I was placed on the first tier of the Alternate List. Even though it's not a part of first round of acceptances, I'm really happy with the status of my application as of now.

Does anyone know if there will be an ordered list later on?

Last edited:
First tier alternate list. Second time applicant. IS. LM=69

Anybody heard of anyone being accepted off of the second tier ever?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So as an incoming MS1 here how viable is it to commute 30 minutes (assuming no traffic; I'll work around it with early gym time or staying late if need be) to campus as opposed to getting an apartment much closer? I'd like to save money by living with my parents but idk if we're expected to be on campus on short notice at any point? Thanks!

I don't think we'll have any short notice meetings, everything will be established well before hand on a calendar. However, I commuted this year for my gap year and I can tell you that it does get exhausting after a while. On the other hand, apartments are SO expensive in Birmingham, you may be better off commuting. :/ Sorry I can't give you a more definite answer!