2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not yet! Holding my breath

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats and good luck to everyone. I interviewed but will be withdrawing soon because of another acceptance! Seriously good luck! You are all amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
should i send an in-the-area email?
Unless you've already been invited to interview and have to change the date, you should not send the email. At this point in the year I wouldn't expect many more II's to go out.

Unless you've already been invited to interview and have to change the date, you should not send the email. At this point in the year I wouldn't expect many more II's to go out.
That's the part I don't get. Then why haven't they just rejected everyone?

Got the call at 3pm EST! Interviewed 2/14, complete early August. LM ~80

Reactions: 1 users
(i was in fact kidding about the ITA email . . . . )

I've got a friend who was deferred from Maine Track back in January, what do you guys think his chances are? Its hard to tell how many people they've deferred and how many spots are left.

Reactions: 1 user
I've got a friend who was deferred from Maine Track back in January, what do you guys think his chances are? Its hard to tell how many people they've deferred and how many spots are left.

Things should shake up the next couple of months with (1) Tufts now asking for a pre-enrollment deposit to hold a seat in the class and (2) applicants needing to relinquish all but 1 acceptance offer before April 31.
They told our interview group that they had a particularly high number of applicants this year. I know two people who were deferred from the program. Really hard to tell the prognosis.

Are you going to either of the second look events in April?

Are you going to either of the second look events in April?
I'm going to one in Boston in March. I'll probably be at one of the Portland ones too!

Wondering if anyone can help out with a few inquiries.

Has anyone been rejected post interview Maine track? Or do they defer everyone they don't accept?

Have they finished interviewing for Maine track?

Do they oversubscribe like the Boston track or is the program too small to do that, and they only accept up to the number of available seats?

Currently riding the deferral train so I am very curious. Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to one in Boston in March. I'll probably be at one of the Portland ones too!

Huh, my Boston second look event is in April. Probably too many kids to have all on one day.

accepted!!! via phone call this afternoon
LizzyM < 70, URM, boston native

Reactions: 2 users
Finallyyyyyy rejected from Tufts pre-II. Congrats to those who were accepted!

I need feedback please....Is it too late to send a LOR from a physician that I recently shadowed and offered to write one?
I assume you have already interviewed? My personal feeling is that a LOR from a physician with whom you shadowed wouldn't hold that much weight, especially this late in the process, as it doesn't demonstrate a sustained relationship between you and your reviewer. However, there is a reason why I don't work in school admissions, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

They told our interview group that they had a particularly high number of applicants this year.

This sounds like a bunch of people--without significant/any ties to Maine--applied for an extra shot at Tufts.

It's quiet on here! A few questions:
Any Maine trackers hear about the Maine Med scholarship yet? I'm hoping to get one of them!
Have people who interviewed in March heard back yet? I assume deferred applicants will be notified around the same time.

Any Maine trackers hear about the Maine Med scholarship yet? I'm hoping to get one of them!
Have people who interviewed in March heard back yet? I assume deferred applicants will be notified around the same time.

I interviewed on March 15th and I haven't heard back yet. I think we're supposed to hear back within the first two weeks of April.

You think deferred applicants for Maine track will here? I was expecting May at this point. deferred in december.

You think deferred applicants for Maine track will here? I was expecting May at this point. deferred in december.
I mean, I don't really know at all. I think historically there has been very little Maine track movement just because of the nature of the program. However, I would assume that when the last group of interviews receives their decision, deferred applicants will also be notified of rejection, waitlist, or acceptance. Mostly basing this on the fact that the deferral is just to compare you with the rest of the interviewing applicants, I don't see why they would make you wait another month.

I was notified by mail that I got the Maine Track scholarship in late February.

Im in the same boat and crickets.... not sure what the chances are. Too bad because it was my top choice! Although, on a positive note, one of my friends who is a second year in the Maine track came off the wait list so...

So it seems scholarships here is completely need based south no merit scholarship. And the most a individual can get is 75% off tuition. No more than 75% and if u have outside scholarships that exceeds the 75% off tuition then they will lower your aid to make sure you aren't over

Hey guys! Gave up my spot at Tufts today, so hopefully one of you will get it. Tufts is really great! It was hard to give it up.

Hey guys! Gave up my spot at Tufts today, so hopefully one of you will get it. Tufts is really great! It was hard to give it up.

Where are you headed instead? Congrats on acceptances!

Last year's Maine track admittance was kind of weird. The regular track was overenrolled so they weren't able to accept more Maine track from the wait list and people from our class were actually able to join Maine track after the fact since there were still a few spots open. Given the headache it caused, I wouldn't be surprised if they were more careful with both Maine and regular track acceptances, so there's a slight chance for better waitlist movement this year, but that's just my thoughts, that's not official in any way.

Where are you headed instead? Congrats on acceptances!

Thank you! I'm headed to either Rochester or Dartmouth, though I haven't quite made up my mind yet! (PM me if you have advice/feels lol)
Best of luck to you!!

I interviewed March 2nd... I would assume decisions will come out soon?

I interviewed March 2nd... I would assume decisions will come out soon?
Based on the way things have worked earlier in the cycle, probably next week at some point. But I have no inside knowledge to know for sure.

Has anybody who interviewed in March heard yet? I can't stop checking my email/waiting by the phone

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone going to the second-look reception/events tomorrow? Curious if any received any schedule about the events/locations etc. ?

Is anyone going to the second-look reception/events tomorrow? Curious if any received any schedule about the events/locations etc. ?
I confirmed several weeks ago, have not received any info regarding the event, and am in the same boat as you.

Anyone received any financial info as of yet?

In regards to hearing back a decision, for those that have been accepted was it through email or by phone call?

Just got deferred via email. Interviewed in early March. If you get accepted I think you get a phone call.